发新话题
打印【有1个人次参与评价】

[转载] 国际生申请越来越多貌似经济危机也不顶事了

国际生申请越来越多貌似经济危机也不顶事了

Dear Colleagues,

The University of Washington (Seattle campus) is producing admission decision letters as I type and will continue to do so throughout the week. Some letters may well be in the mail starting today or tomorrow (a bit earlier than we planned). Many of your students will recieve their letters this week and early next.
" G) s& `) A- T7 ~4 J: M
As expected (thankfully), admission for resident applicants is better this year than last. We still had to make difficult decisions on the applications of some accomplished students, and I am sure some of you will be encouraging temporarily disappointed kids. However, many more students and families will be pleased compared to last year. Additionally, I think we will have more possibilities for students invited to be on the waitlist this year. In short, it is a good year for resident applicants.% ]# f: l6 X! g% Q5 K
) Q4 K4 e& {/ x
For our colleagues in other states, ths year will be similar to last. i expect the waitlist for our domestic non-resident students to be active as well.! F$ J! \6 B" p/ B
) ~( h/ t  t! `% W% M% U
Finally, for those in our counseling community working wit international students, this year will be more selective than last (due to a strong increase in students applying from other countries). We will have a waitlist for international students this year as well. Additionally, the international students residing outside of the U.S. will recieve notice of their admission status via email later this week or early next. - C4 u8 D$ V$ z& j/ [, z
; ^) W2 B* r/ M  m( S
Thank you all for your work in helping students with their transitions to colleges and universities. Allof us at the UW appreciate your commitment and support.
% v9 @/ I7 ?5 R! r6 o) Y5 i
Cheers...Philip
http://bbs.taisha.org/thread-16838026-1-5.html.

While this year’s freshman class aims for a two-thirds/one-third split between residents and nonresidents, overall the UW’s percentage of resident undergraduate students hovers near 80 percent, as most community-college transfer students are Washington residents.

Non-resident students pay nearly three times what residents pay in tuition. The revenue generated from nonresidents actually helps subsidize the education of all students and enables the university to maintain its statutory commitment to enroll 4,000 residents of Washington. This has been especially critical as the state has withdrawn over fifty percent of its funding of the UW over the past four years.

外国和外州学生就是拿来填补经费窟窿的,作孽啊,付的是三倍的学费。.

当然。

照这个趋势,美国很快就走出来了。我们都排队去送钱,还怕他不收。.

回复 3楼不二周助 的帖子

本来成绩好就行了,现在还得有钱,他大爷啊。.

呵呵,三倍,我刚才恰巧听我美国同事说了,吓我一跳,我还猜1.3倍呢。.

引用:
原帖由 不二周助 于 2012-3-28 14:50 发表
当然。

照这个趋势,美国很快就走出来了。我们都排队去送钱,还怕他不收。

罪过啊,3倍哦..

回复 2楼慢吞吞 的帖子

我一直以为是三倍价格。不怕这里有钱人多,而且来的容易.

回复 3楼不二周助 的帖子

看看我们这教育做得,每年那么多真金白银出去了。好好的教育项目不做,做什么茅台,只赚自己钱。
不过,我真觉得老美蛮不富的,估计是他们(现50-60岁的那批)孩子生多了,我看看每家都要2-4个,再交交税,再每年出去度度假。。。。。。.

回复 1楼慢吞吞 的帖子

这样看来,还有种可能,老美想更进一步推进eb-5项目.

在国际学校升学办的朋友就说  今年各大学加大了国际学生的比例
同时 针对中国学生的游学也在增加。。。.

提示: 该帖被自动屏蔽

美帝数学差,搂钱大扩招;
中华奥数妙,排队送钞票。
共创双赢

1999至2005年均25%的神州扩招,完败每年30%的美利坚速度。.

回复 13楼ljj 的帖子

引用:
原帖由 慢吞吞 于 2012-3-28 15:04 发表
本来成绩好就行了,现在还得有钱,他大爷啊。
一起和你吼一声:他大爷的。哈哈哈哈,吼完还得去,他NND..

回复 13楼ljj 的帖子

但是人家也很聪明呀,就送小朋友去上上学呗,自己还不是跑到新加坡、香港等拿个身份。美国嘛,找机会做做生意.

州立大学照顾州内考生是可以理解的。每年州税的一部分会拨给州立大学系统。.

州立大学主要靠州拨经费,对外州学生多收学费很正常吧。
很多老美除了家庭条件比较差和观念不同的以外,能让孩子上好的学校的还是会多交学费让孩子上更好的学校的。.

所以在美国有学区房一说哦。.

发新话题