发新话题
打印【有2个人次参与评价】

[转载] 12岁小姑娘联大演讲 让全世界沉默 网络热传

本主题被作者加入到个人文集中
“Hello, I am  Severn Suzuki speaking for E.C.O - the Environmental Children’s  Organization. We are a group of 12 and 13 year-olds trying to make a  difference, Vanessa Suttie, Morgan Geisler, Michelle Quigg and me. We’ve  raised all the money to come here ourselves, to come 5,000 miles to  tell you adults you must change your ways. Coming up here today, I have  no hidden agenda. I am fighting for my future. Losing my future is not  like losing an election, or a few points on the  stock market.”

“I  am here to speak for all generations to come. I am here to speak on  behalf of the starving children around the world whose cries go unheard.  I am here to speak for the countless animals dying across this  planet,  because they have nowhere left to go. I am afraid to go out in  the sun  now, because of the holes in our ozone. I am afraid to breathe  the air,  because I don’t know what chemicals are in it. I used to go fishing in  Vancouver, my home, with my Dad until, just a few years ago,  we found a  fish full of cancers. And now we hear of animals and plants  going  extinct every day, vanishing forever. In my life, I have dreamt of  seeing the great herds of wild animals, jungles and rainforests full  of  birds and butterflies, but now I wonder if they will even exist for  my  children to see.”

“Did you have to worry of these things when you  were my age? All this is happening before our eyes and yet we act as if  we have all the time we want and all the solutions. I’m only a child and  I don’t have all the solutions, but I want you to realize, neither do  you. You don’t  know how to fix the holes in our ozone layer. You don’t  know how to bring the salmon back up a dead stream. You don’t know how  to bring back an animal now extinct. And you can’t bring back the forest  that once grew where there is now a desert. If you don’t know how to  fix it,  please stop breaking it.”

“Here you may be delegates of  your governments, business people, organizers, reporters or politicians.  But, really, you’re mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, aunts  and uncles and all of you are someone’s child. I’m only a child, yet I  know we are all part of a family, 5 billion strong, in fact 30 million  species strong. And borders and governments will never change that. I’m  only a child, yet I  know we are all in this together and should act as  one single world towards one single goal.”

“In my anger, I am not  blind and in my fear I am not afraid of telling the world how I feel. In  my country we make so much waste, we buy and throw away, buy and throw  away, and yet Northern countries will not share with  the needy. Even when we have more than enough we are afraid to share, we  are afraid to let go some of our wealth. In Canada , we live the  privileged life. We’ve plenty of food, water and shelter. We have  watches, bicycles, computers  and television sets. The list could go on  for 2 days. Two days ago here in Brazil , we were shocked when we spent  time with some children living on the streets. This is what one child  told us, ‘I wish I was rich and if I were, I would give all the street  children food, clothes,  medicines, shelter and love and affection’. If a  child on the street who has nothing is willing to share, why are we who  have everything still so greedy? I can’t stop thinking that these are  children my own age, that it makes a tremendous difference where you are  born. And that  I could be one of those children living in the favelas  of Rio . I could be a child starving in Somalia , or a victim of war in  the Middle  East or a beggar in India . I am only a child, yet I know if  all the money spent on war was spent on finding environmental answers,ending poverty and in finding treaties, what a wonderful place this  earth would be.”

“At school, even in kindergarten, you teach us  how to behave in the world. You teach us not to fight with others, to  work things out, to  respect others and to clean up our mess, not to  hurt other creatures, to share, not be greedy. Then, why do you go out  and do the things you tell us not to do? Do not forget why you are  attending these conferences, who you are doing this for. We are your own  children. You are deciding what kind of a world we are growing up in.  Parents should be able to comfort their children by saying ‘Everything  is going to be all right, it’s not the end of the world, and we are  doing the best we can’. But I don’t think you can say that to us  anymore. Are we even on your list of priorities? My dad always says,  ‘You are what you do, not what you say’. Well, what you do makes me cry  at night. You grown-ups say you love us. But I challenge you, please,  make your actions reflect  your words. Thank you.”

[ 本帖最后由 非非 于 2011-9-30 09:40 编辑 ].

珊文·古立斯.铃木(Severn Cullis-Suzuki)的父亲是世界知名的加拿大遗传学家与环保人士戴维·铃木博士(Dr. David  Suzuki),热心致力于环保工作并且成效卓著,曾荣获「全球优秀领导奖」。珊文·古立斯.铃木是世界上最杰出的青年环保斗士之一,从年少时起,她就藉由发表演讲、主持电视节目与写作,以倡导环保,并力促大众建立价值观、所作所为都要想到未来,以及负起个人应尽的责任。

1992年当珊文·铃木12岁时,她自己筹钱到巴西的里约热内卢,在联合国的地球峰会上,她做了5分钟的发言。

一开始大家觉得这只是漫长会议中的另一场发言而已,随着她大声说出的每一句话,会场开始变得非常安静。坐在听众席上的高官、重要人物、各国领导、科学家们,有的表情尴尬,有的似乎被什么击中,有的开始擦眼泪。还有更多的人,他们低下了头,好象不知道该怎么和这个小孩对视。

一年后,她在中国北京获得联合国环境规划署颁发的“全球五百精英荣誉奖”(Global 500 Roll of Honor Award)。

2002年她主持数个电视节目,其中包括在探索频道(Discovery Channel)播出的“铃木自然探索节目”(Suzuki’s  Nature Quest)。她和朋友于2002年在约翰内斯堡的联合国世界高峰会议上,发表“承担责任”(Recognition of  Responsibility)的誓言,表达北美人民关怀环境的心声。

[ 本帖最后由 非非 于 2011-9-30 09:37 编辑 ].

发新话题