发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

impolited question

impolited question

when you communite with foreigner,some questions are impolited,can you give me any examples? and according to these ,pls porvide their polited asking.thanks!.

Where did you go for your holidays?
Where do you have you dinner tonight?.

引用:
原帖由 judemama 于 2010-2-26 16:32 发表
Where did you go for your holidays?
Where do you have you dinner tonight?
they are impolite? how to ask using a better way about those two questions?.

I believe these two question are polite. You can ask what's their favorit too? F.E. favorit city, favorit sport,favorit food andf favorit animal. Same question like age, salary belong to impolite question. ..........

You can ask questions in these ways:

I am wondering if you can lend me your new dress.

Would you mind tell me you cell phone number?

If you feel unconfortable, you can ignore my question, are you single?/ do you have kids?/ how much do you earn?.

Impolite questions are those personal questions that you ask when you actually do not know them well.

How old are you?
How much do you earn?
Are you married?
Do you have any children?
Do you have any religion?
What political party do you belong to?

Polite quesitons are those you ask following discussion when the foreigner is showing interest in communicating with you.
Polite questions:
age: following his/her disclosing his job, you may comment: it is very impressive because you are already a manager in your 20s! (even though he looks around 30). Or a director in your 30s!
salary: Usually do not ask about his salary. If you have to, go with: "in China, the income tax is very high. How much income tax do you have to pay last year?" then go back and check.
marriage status: If you have to ask that question, you may try looking at his ring finger first instead of asking. Or comment: In China, married people do not necessarily wear rings. Some unmarried people may also wear a ring on his unnamed finger. It may solicitate his answering.
children: Try pointing to a kid or kid's photo nearby: "that is really cute. Well, I have a kid of 5." If he is interested, he/she will follow the discussion.
Religion: Begin with: Well, the recent earthquake/typoon/... tragedy is really heart-broken. Many people lost their family members. In those disasters I do hope there is a god who will protect people... Whatever his/her comment is, you may have a clue whether he had a religion and what it may be.
Political party: just do not ask the question unless you know enough to generate a meaningful discussion between you two.

All in all, do not pop the question from nowhere. Talk first, observe, and solicit the answers. In that way, most of the topics are actually talkable..

sometimes "What are u doing?" is not polite..

Agree. It depends on how close you are..

引用:
原帖由 euphy 于 2010-3-19 11:23 发表
Impolite questions are those personal questions that you ask when you actually do not know them well.

How old are you?
How much do you earn?
Are you married?
Do you have any children?
Do you ha ...
You are so professional.
I've just known how to politely ask whether the foreigner has already had lunch(dinner). You can say:I hope you have had your lunch(dinner),instead of :Have you had your lunch(dinner)?.

Good topic for study.
Really admire uptairs..

I think it depends on the background. If you are having an official meeting,the questions about personal thing are impolite. When a dinner, some people would like to talk about hobby and baby and family thing with you..

发新话题