发新话题
打印【有10个人次参与评价】

1-2-3魔法--更新第二章英文版

Parenting: Not for the Faint of Heart!--育儿:不适合胆小者!
The only people who think parenting and teaching are easy are those who have never done either.
那些认为为人父母和教育子女都是很容易的人,那仅仅是因为他们从来没有做过其中的任何一件

"Can I have a Twinkie?"
我能吃一个甜点吗? (Twinkie是HOSTESS生产的一种夹心蛋糕)
"No,dear."
不行,亲爱的
"Why not?"
为什么不行?
"Cause we're eating at six o'clock."
因为我们六点要吃晚饭了
"Yeah, but I want on."
我知道,可我现在就要吃
"I just told you you couldn't have one."
我刚刚已经告诉你了,现在不行
"You never give me anything."
你从来不给我任何东西
"What do you mean I never give you any thing? Do you have clothes on? Is there a roof over your head? Am I feeding you in two seconds?!"
你说我从来不给你任何东西是什么意思?难道你没有衣服穿?难道你头上没有屋顶?难道我不是不久前刚刚喂过你?
"You gave Joey one a half-hour ago."
你半小时前给乔伊吃了
"Listen, are you your brother? Besides, he eats his dinner."
听着,你是你的兄弟吗?另外,他吃完了他的晚饭
"I promise I'll eat my dinner."
我保证我也会吃完我的晚饭
"Don't give me this promise, promise, promise stuff, Monica! Yesterday--at 4:30--you had half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and you didn't eat anything at dinner!"
不要跟我说保证,保证,你的保证是废话,莫妮卡!昨天,下午4:30,你吃了半个有花生黄油和果冻的三明治,然后你晚饭就什么也没吃!
"THEN I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF AND THEN RUN AWAY FROM HOME!!"
那我要自杀!然后离家出走!!

[ 本帖最后由 快乐鼠尾草 于 2009-12-20 19:05 编辑 ].

要出门了,晚上有空再来看.

Good Discipline, Good Times
良好的纪律,美好的时期
  The only people who think parenting and teaching are easy are those who have never done either one. These tasks are arguably the most important jobs in the world, but they are also among the easiest to get wrong. Living with young children can be on of life's most enjoyable experiences,yet it can also become unbelievably frustrating if you don't quite know what you're doing.
  那些认为为人父母和教育子女都是很容易的人,那仅仅是因为他们从来没有做过其中的任何一件。这些任务可以被证明是世界上最重要的工作,但也是最容易出错的。和小孩子一起生活是最享受的,不过,如果你不能十分明白你在做什么,也可能成为让你难以置信的挫败。

Adults with romantic notions of parenting often forget that it is impossible to give kids everything they want. Raising and educating children means that, in addition to nurturing and supporting them, you must also frustrate them on a regular basis--for their own good and for the good of everyone. "Now it's time for bed. Now you must do your homework. Stop teasing your sister. no you can't have the Twinkie. Over and over, firmness and gentleness are required.
  有着浪漫想法的家长,常常忘记你不可能给孩子所有他们想要的一切。抚养和教育孩子意味着,除了养育和支持他们,你还必须定期的阻止他们——为了他们自己,也为了所有人。“现在是睡觉的时间。现在你必须做作业。不要再取笑你的姊妹。不,你不可以吃甜点。”一而再,再而三的重复,坚定和温柔都需要。

Unfortunately, when they are frustrated, kids do not usually thank their parents for trying to raise them properly. Instead, youngsters have an amazing, natural ability to confuse, sidetrack and aggravate the adults seen as responsible for the kids' current distress. We call this "testing and manipulation," and there are six basic types (Chapter 10). Testing and manipulation can eliminate fun, destroy affection, impair learning and--over the long run--ruin relationships.
  不幸的是,当他们被阻止,孩子们通常不会感谢父母为正确养育他们所做出的努力。相反地,孩子们会有令人惊异的自然的能力来混淆、转移和加剧成年人对孩子们不幸现状的责任。我们称为“测试和操纵”,有六种基本类型(第十章)。测试和操纵可以消除欢乐、破坏亲情、削弱知识并且,长此以往,摧毁亲子关系。

Repeat the Twinkie scene above a thousand times and you have guaranteed misery. That's no way for anyone to live and certainly no way for any child to grow up.
  上述的甜点事件无数次重复着,你悲惨的担保着。那是没有任何人能避免的生活,同样没有任何孩子能避免的成长方式。

Children don't come with a How-To-Raise-Me Training manual. That's why there is a program like 1-2-3 Magic. Adults need to know how to handle difficult behavior, encourage good behavior and manage the inevitable sidetrack of testing and manipulation--all in a manner that is fair, perfectly clear and not abusive. When children's inevitable troublesome behavior is handled in routine and successful ways, the warmer side of parenting is allowed to kick in. Affection, talking and listening, praise and shared fun can flow naturally. Good discipline, in other words, makes for good times and good relationships. That's the way you want it.
  孩子们出生时没有带着如何养育我的培训手册。这就是有这样一个1-2-3魔术教程的原因。家长需要知道怎样来处理这些难以忍受的行为,鼓励良好的行为举止并且管理这些不可避免的测试和操纵的脱轨行为——所有一切在某种意义上都是公平的、非常清晰而不是恶语相加。当孩子们不可避免的棘手行为被正常和成功的处理,养育孩子时的温情一面才能实行。亲情、交谈和倾听、赞扬和分享快乐才能是自然而然的流程。良好的纪律,换言之,有利于美好的时期和亲密的关系。那才是你想要的方式。

[ 本帖最后由 快乐鼠尾草 于 2009-12-20 21:03 编辑 ].

今天不翻了,太费脑子

第一次翻译,有不当之处,请大家多多指正

[ 本帖最后由 快乐鼠尾草 于 2009-12-20 20:09 编辑 ].

1-2-3: Three Steps to Effective Parenting
1-2-3:有效育儿的三步骤

1-2-3 magic will provide you with three steps for effective parenting. Each of the three steps is distinct, manageable and extremely important. The three Parenting steps are also mutually interdependent; in other words, each one depends to some extent on the others for its success. Ignore any of these steps at your own risk.
1-2-3魔术将提供有效育儿的三个步骤。这三个步骤中的每一个都是截然不同的,便于管理并且极为重要的。这三个育儿的步骤也是相互依存的,换句话说,每一个步骤的成功在某种程度上都取决于其他步骤。忽略其中任何一个步骤都会给你带来风险。

Parenting Step 1(Part II and III) involves controlling obnoxious behavior. You will never like or get along well with your children if they are constantly irritating you with their whining,arguing, teasing, badgering, tantrums, yelling and fighting. In 1-2-3 Magic you will learn how to "count" obnoxious behavior, and you will be pleasantly surprised at how effective that simple technique is!
育儿第一步(第二部分和第三部分)谈到如何控制令人不愉快的行为。如果你的孩子不断地用他们的牢骚、争论、戏弄、纠缠、发脾气、叫喊和争吵来激怒你,你绝对不会喜欢和孩子相处,而且也无法好好的相处。在1-2-3魔术中你交学会怎样来“注意”令人讨厌的行为,并且你会惊喜于这些简单的技巧可以多么的有效。

Step 2(Part IV) involves encouraging good behavior. Encouraging good behavior, such as picking up after yourself, going to bed, being courteous and doing homework, takes more effort--for both parent and child--than controlling difficult behavior. You will learn seven simple methods for encouraging positive actions in your kids.
第二步(第四部分)谈到如何鼓励良好的行为。鼓励良好的行为,对父母和孩子双方来说,需要比控制困难的行为更多的努力,例如整理自己的烂摊子、上床睡觉、待人有礼貌和做功课。您将会学到七个简单的方法来鼓励孩子们的积极行动。

Finally, in Step 3(Part IV) you will learn some valuable and not-so-difficult ways of maintaining healthy relationships with your children. Some parents merely need to be reminded of these strategies; other parents have to work hard at them. Paying attention to the quality of your relationship with your children will help you with Step1 and 2, and vice versa.
最后,在第三步(第四部分),您将学到一些有价值的并且不那么难的方法,来维持与你的孩子之间良好的亲子关系。有些家长很少需要用到这些策略,其他的家长不得不在这方面做更多的努力。注意,良好的亲子关系将有助于第一步和第二步,反之亦然。

Let's get going--and good luck!
让我们开始 - 祝你好运!.

发新话题