发新话题
打印【有1125个人次参与评价】

[外语] Andy study English

本主题被作者加入到个人文集中
引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-15 16:00 发表
My Mom took me home today, because both grandpa and grandma went to their hometown.
I probably wouldn't use a comma, I think it's okay with or without it. I think usually the comma takes the place of the "because" as it split's the sentence and tells the reader the information in the next clause is related to the first. I think the "because" is necessary in this sentence, the comma maybe not. Oh, and "mom" should not be capitalized in this use..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-16 13:14 发表

I probably wouldn't use a comma, I think it's okay with or without it. I think usually the comma takes the place of the "because" as it split's the sentence and tells the reader the information in ...
Another American said:

Actually it should be capitalized, but only if you are using it in the form of a name. Used as a title, it should not.

For example:

My mom gave me a ride to school today. (a title)

Or

Mom gave me a ride to school today. (a name, the way you would talk about your mom to a sibling for instance)

Could you ask Mom to help me find my shoes? (another example)

Or like "Go help Daddy clean up your toys".

引用:
原帖由 齐齐妈妈(律师) 于 2009-12-16 12:29 发表
good job!
Thank you so much! You are very kind!.

回复 213#不二周助 的帖子

Could you please do us a favor?

I'm confused with this. Please see #251#252.

Thanks a lot in advance..

回复 254#冰城来客 的帖子

妈妈爸爸都要大写,逗号可以不用。.

My teammate XXX was chosen as Queen of freestyle and butterfly stroke by our swimming coach.

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-16 18:10 编辑 ].

回复 255#不二周助 的帖子

回复 245#Wini妈妈 的帖子

噢,多谢啊。 多多交流!我们也刚刚7岁,不比你们小多少, 所以, 如果有节奏地提高英语, 是我很困扰的一件事情。 说良心话, 我们现在能在英语上花的时间很有限, 基本上学校的课本很少拿出来看, 就是每天游戏的时候我们看一会英语小册子而已,因为每天要对付语文写字,还有数学, 真是忙不过来的, 还希望他能多玩玩。 请问你们是怎么办的?.

Till now I have learned freestyle, backstroke,breaststroke and butter fly stroke. I love swimming. It's good for me.

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-17 20:32 编辑 ].

Great!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-20 13:17 编辑 ].

Come on!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-20 13:16 编辑 ].

Well done!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-20 13:15 编辑 ].

I restart morning reading today. Mum said it's a good habit..

I took part in chess exam yesterday. I  lost 3 games and won one, So I failed this time..

We will have Cambridge English final exam this Friday. I will review it this week..

It's a good way to practise writing in English. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Andy..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-20 09:58 发表
Come on!

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-17 20:31 发表
Till now I have learned freestyle, backstroke,breaststroke and butter fly stroke. I love swimming. It's good for me.
Instead of "Till now" I'd use "So far" or "Up til now" Neither of which I believe, is technically correct (i.e. they sound good colloquially, but not properl "Till now" is really just a shortened version of "Up till now" which is technically wrong becasue it's starting a sentence with a prepositional phrase. Also I believe back stroke and breast stroke are both two word combinations and butterfly is one word. A better consturction of the sentence would be: "I have learned the back stroke, breast stroke, and butterfly stroke so far." the rest is fine. English teachers may or may not liek the use of the contraction "It's" and insist on "It is" which sounds awkward and formal frankly, but is better for formal writing..

Today our homework is making a model of  our school with useless box..

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-21 18:30 编辑 ].

I made a model of our school just now. I will  take it to school tomorrow morning..

游泳姿势的写法
freestyle
backstroke
breaststroke
butterfly stroke

这里有一个很明显的词的现象,就是合成词。在国外小学生语法学习中有一个重要的课程就是合成词学习。因为在英语中有很多这样的词,他们分开是两个意思,而合起来又是不同的意思,当中无需空格。比如:footprint, sunset等等。所以要帮助孩子了解这个部分,正确使用合成词。

[ 本帖最后由 不二周助 于 2009-12-23 09:40 编辑 ].

回复 269#冰城来的男孩子 的帖子

在写文章的时候不要想中文,Today最好不要老是放在句首。老外常说的是Our homework today is to ......

回复 272#不二周助 的帖子

We were punished by coath today. Everyone swam one more hour.

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-23 19:23 编辑 ].

回复 271#不二周助 的帖子

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-24 19:33 编辑 ].

回复 31#loveningning 的帖子

Merry Christmas to you and your family!.

回复 272#不二周助 的帖子

回复 187#水之形 的帖子

We are going to visit milk factory this afternoon. It's a pity! There are over ten children got flu this weekend..

There were fourteen families visited the milk factory this afternoon. We walked around the workshop and tasted very fresh milk. All of us are very happy.

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-26 16:14 编辑 ].

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-24 20:48 发表
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!.

回复 281#冰城来的男孩子 的帖子

Good lad!.

Bananas sometimes look like smiles, sometimes look like telephones, but they always look good to eat..

好遗憾没有去成牛奶厂, 听Andy写起来很诱人啊!.

It was snowing yesterday afternoon. No snow today! What a pity it is! I can't play with snow.

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-28 22:33 编辑 ].

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-28 20:24 发表
It was snowing yesterday afternoon. No snow today! What a pity it is! I can't play with snow.
Structure is fine. I think I'd delete the second exclamation point. You want to limit exclamation point use (or they loose their effectiveness.) Also, there seems soemthing alomst contradictory about "pity" being exclaimed....

Sometimes I read with Mom. Sometimes I read with Dad.Sometimes I read to my sister too..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-29 20:04 发表
Sometimes I read with Mom. Sometimes I read with Dad.Sometimes I read to my sister too.
Sometimes I read with my mom, sometimes I read with my dad and sometimes I read to my sister.

Not all people would add the my, it depends where you are from as to how your English is structured..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-27 12:30 发表
Bananas sometimes look like smiles, sometimes look like telephones, but they always look good to eat.
I like this one just the way it is..

My Dad go to skyscraper to work, my Mum go to store to shop, my sister go to park to have fun, and I go to school to learn .

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-30 19:40 编辑 ].

回复 279#冰城来客 的帖子

Andy,  thank you for your blessing.

Happy new year!

I bought eight pencils, two ballpoint pens, a pencil box, a book, an excerise book, a note book, a box of badmintons and a pair of badminton racket in our school market. It's a funny day!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-31 19:44 编辑 ].

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-26 12:12 发表
We are going to visit milk factory this afternoon. It's a pity! There are over ten children got flu this weekend.
The first sentence is fine.

"It's a pity" Doesn't makee much sense as a sentence of it's own, and it's missing the "who"...hhhmm let's see, foget the part of speech that would be called to explain.

Here are a couple of options: It's a pity, there are over ten children who got the flu this weekend and can't go." (I added the last part because it seemed there needed to be a reason WHY you were telling us this fact, so it's more a style thing, than a grammatical thing.)

or More than ten children got the flu this weekend and can't go; what a pity..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-26 16:11 发表
There were fourteen families visited the milk factory this afternoon. We walked around the workshop and tasted very fresh milk. All of us are very happy.
Okay, the first sentence is missing the "who" and it's really bugging me that I can't think of what part of speech that is called, so if anyone can chime in and help me, it would ease my mind.

Anyway - the Frist sentence shoudl read: There were fourteen families who visited the milk factory this afternoon.

I think the last sentence should also be in past tense, although I can see you could make a case for present tense. I guess it depends on the message being conveyed.

It could be "All of us were very happy." Which conveys the notion that we did this and it made us happy. Of "All of us are happy now." which coneys we did this and the result is that we are now happy. In general I'd keep the tenses agreeing, unless I specirfically added the "now" to differentiate the timing of the events..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-26 16:11 发表
There were fourteen famillies who visited the milk factory this afternoon, we all walked around the workshop (should be dairy) and tasted fresh milk, we were all very happy.

Alternatively you could say
There were fourteen famillies who visited the milk factory this afternoon, we all walked around the dairy and tasted fresh milk, we all enjoyed the trip.

In the UK we don't call them milk factory's, we call them dairy's..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2010-1-1 17:30 发表

In the UK we don't call them milk factory's, we call them dairy's.
same in the US..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2010-1-1 17:30 发表

There were fourteen famillies who visited the milk factory this afternoon, we all walked around the workshop (should be dairy) and tasted fresh milk, we were all very happy.

Alternatively you co ...
really, you'd use all those commas? I think he's right to be using separate sentences (considering this is the written word, not spoken word...JMHO.

and we call them dairies too, but I have hear "milk plant" so I figured it may be different in singapore...

So, nobody has come up with what "who" is in the sentence....can you tell it's really bugging me?.

引用:
原帖由 想要回到乡下 于 2010-1-1 18:31 发表

really, you'd use all those commas? I think he's right to be using separate sentences (considering this is the written word, not spoken word...JMHO.

and we call them dairies too, but I have hear  ...
That is how we write in the UK, I know here we tend to write in longer sentences compared to the U.S, I always notice it a lot when I read novels by American authors..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2010-1-1 18:34 发表

That is how we write in the UK, I know here we tend to write in longer sentences compared to the U.S, I always notice it a lot when I read novels by American authors.
and here we're always taught the the British are so proper with their writing.... The only reason I mention is is that I'm often called out on writing "run-on" sentences...interesting.

Ah, yes like: " A Saturday afternoon in November was approaching the time of twilight, and the vast tract of unenclosed wild known as Egdon Heath embrowned itself moment by moment.".

发新话题