82 12
发新话题
打印【有1125个人次参与评价】

[外语] Andy study English

本主题被作者加入到个人文集中
Come on! Half hundred days already!.

引用:
原帖由 水之形 于 2009-11-21 14:10 发表

Andy, my dear, it should be "Thank you for your encouragement".

引用:
原帖由 不二周助 于 2009-11-21 21:22 发表
加油!要尝试将几句相同的句子合并写成一句长的。

引用:
原帖由 不二周助 于 2009-11-21 21:18 发表
女孩也可以说handsome的,男孩也可以说beautiful的,我们中国孩子这样学真的有问题。也不知道哪个人一早规定pretty,beautiful=女,handsome=男,然后就一直这么流传至今。
我女儿举例:
《Twilight》 里有的,形容Edward很帅,就是用beautiful
《Pride and Prejudice》 里形容Liz的姐姐是最漂亮的,就用的 handsome  ...

引用:
原帖由 不二周助 于 2009-11-26 20:07 发表
游泳眼镜叫goggle,游泳帽可以叫hat 没错,游泳衣叫swimming suit 或者swimming gear swimming gear 也可以指所有的游泳装备

引用:
原帖由 不二周助 于 2009-11-29 20:36 发表
总的看下来,Andy写英语的精神可嘉,但确实需要增强 1.阅读所带来的英语思维和语感  2.针对性的写作指导
如果有以上两点英语的写句,写作才会进步。
英语思维和中文差很远的,一般的作文一看就能辨别。对与不对就在思维里,而非语法或字词里。
Andy得写作热情值得表扬,
对与不对就在思维里!

Totally agree with you!

But I don't know how to help him.

He does read some originaledition, but I know that's not enough..

回复 210#不二周助 的帖子

I am thinking to help him find a pen pal of the same age from native English speaking country.

Maybe that will help.

But maybe it's hard to find out suitable one..

回复 213#不二周助 的帖子

先增加阅读量!

I have suggest he spend less time on writing and spend more time on reading.

He said he only spend 1 minute on wrinting one short sentence, so he will continue...................

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-11-30 16:07 发表
My elder sister got flu last  weekend.
The sentence when corrected should look like this:

My elder sister got the flu last weekend..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-1 17:01 发表
I caught cold last night. And I'm coughing now.
This one is a little different because I believe in British common useage "I cought cold" would be correct, in American english common useage it would more correctly be " I caught a cold last night."

If you're going to use "and" it should probably be all one sentence. (I know there are cases when starting a sentence with "and" is acceptable, but I just don't like it stylistically.)

So it should either be:

"I caught a cold last night and now I am coughing."

Or

"I caught a cold last night. Now I am coughing." (or "I am coughing now." is fine too).

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-2 18:07 发表
No coughing today. I'm almost recovered.
"No coughing today." isn't a sentence just a fragment.

To be a sentence, it needs to be something like:
"I'm not coughing today."
I also think the useage of recovered in that context is a little off (not necessarily wrong, just a little awkward. It might be better with "I have almost recovered." or "I am almost well.".

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-3 17:58 发表
My elder sisder has recovered. She will go to school tomorrow.
Perfectly fine sentences (other than the spelling os "Sister" that's probably just a typo.

The use of "elder" while correct, is pretty formal in American english (it's probably pretty common in British english) In america, we'd probably say "older" more often..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-4 21:39 发表
I won 4 chess games today.
4 should be spelt out as "four". Any number below "10" should be the word (ec. 1 should be One, 2 should be two, and so on)..

回复 228#Wini妈妈 的帖子

Wini is really great!

Andy he like to speak English in daily life. But due to my problem, I can't help to much. That's a pity.

We will try more!.

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-8 19:56 发表
We are very happy today, because all students in our school went to Ocean Aquarium this afternoon.
In England we would say, We are very happy today, because all the students in our school went to the Ocean Aquarium this afternoon..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-15 16:00 发表
My Mom took me home today, because both grandpa and grandma went to their hometown.
I probably wouldn't use a comma, I think it's okay with or without it. I think usually the comma takes the place of the "because" as it split's the sentence and tells the reader the information in the next clause is related to the first. I think the "because" is necessary in this sentence, the comma maybe not. Oh, and "mom" should not be capitalized in this use..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-16 13:14 发表

I probably wouldn't use a comma, I think it's okay with or without it. I think usually the comma takes the place of the "because" as it split's the sentence and tells the reader the information in ...
Another American said:

Actually it should be capitalized, but only if you are using it in the form of a name. Used as a title, it should not.

For example:

My mom gave me a ride to school today. (a title)

Or

Mom gave me a ride to school today. (a name, the way you would talk about your mom to a sibling for instance)

Could you ask Mom to help me find my shoes? (another example)

Or like "Go help Daddy clean up your toys".

引用:
原帖由 齐齐妈妈(律师) 于 2009-12-16 12:29 发表
good job!
Thank you so much! You are very kind!.

回复 213#不二周助 的帖子

Could you please do us a favor?

I'm confused with this. Please see #251#252.

Thanks a lot in advance..

回复 255#不二周助 的帖子

Great!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-20 13:17 编辑 ].

Come on!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-20 13:16 编辑 ].

Well done!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-12-20 13:15 编辑 ].

回复 31#loveningning 的帖子

Merry Christmas to you and your family!.

回复 272#不二周助 的帖子

回复 187#水之形 的帖子

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2009-12-26 16:11 发表
There were fourteen families visited the milk factory this afternoon. We walked around the workshop and tasted very fresh milk. All of us are very happy.
There were fourteen famillies who visited the milk factory this afternoon, we all walked around the workshop (should be dairy) and tasted fresh milk, we were all very happy.

Alternatively you could say
There were fourteen famillies who visited the milk factory this afternoon, we all walked around the dairy and tasted fresh milk, we all enjoyed the trip.

In the UK we don't call them milk factory's, we call them dairy's..

引用:
原帖由 想要回到乡下 于 2010-1-1 18:31 发表

really, you'd use all those commas? I think he's right to be using separate sentences (considering this is the written word, not spoken word...JMHO.

and we call them dairies too, but I have hear  ...
That is how we write in the UK, I know here we tend to write in longer sentences compared to the U.S, I always notice it a lot when I read novels by American authors..

引用:
原帖由 Wini妈妈 于 2010-1-4 04:30 发表
That's strange!  If you like the mutton in this restaurant, why you want to go to another one the next day?
Good question! Thank you so much!

I think he just want to try different restaurant.

What if we add but I want to......

引用:
原帖由 冰城来的男孩子 于 2010-1-21 19:33 发表
We had the Chinese exam today, and we will have the math exam tomorrow.
We had the Chinese exam today, and we will have the math tomorrow.---------------Looks better..

Thank you! 不二周助 and yangbaobaobaba!

We do learn a lot from both of you!

Wish both of you a wonderful Spring Festival!.

82 12
发新话题