发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

Start small business instead of working for others?

Start small business instead of working for others?

Last night, my darling talked this topic with me, it's interesting, but what can we do?

Acutally, we did talked similar topics before, and i also think about it time by time, but still no idea till now.

Could you kindly share some gold idea with us? .

I think the key is that can you offer something special.
What kind of business you two talked about? What strength do you think you have now?.

You are just like my cousin who has been talking this with her husband for years but never did anything. Whenever she got an idea of her own business, she would share it with her husband and close relatives as well, pushing all of us to give her suggestion. We were told the her special business would be prosperous and successful. But we found out everything still remain same to her after the temporary enthusiasm no matter how strong support we have promised to give her. She never did the first step...after that, she will be coming up another idea....

I started my small headhunting firm at the end of 2007. I previously worked for a HK listed company and unfortunately it closed down that time. Maybe i should say we are really lucky as it did not happen during the financial crisis.
btw, any HR MM here need my service?.

It is hard for me to seek for small business like you mentioned above to replace of my current company’s job, the reason is lack of safety , confidence and enthusiasm, and I am also worry about my age, family and experience. I think the root cause is I am a typical Shanghai gentleman..

回复 4#june227 的帖子

May be we will have chance to cooperate in the near future!

Now recruiring freezed!.

回复 5#PUPPET 的帖子

Don't worry. You will never be late to start a new thing.  I am thinking of running my own business after retirement..

引用:
原帖由 嘎嘎的妈妈 于 2009-3-11 10:32 发表
I think the key is that can you offer something special.
What kind of business you two talked about? What strength do you think you have now?
We both agree on offer something special, but we haven't figure out what is it.

What kind of business you two talked about?---not decide yet, small investiment, cos we don't have too much money!

What strength do you think you have now?---Looks no strenth: , i feel this is the key problem..

回复 8#冰城来客 的帖子

I am sorry. I realized you have more courage than my cousin..

引用:
原帖由 Emerald 于 2009-3-11 10:59 发表
Don't worry. You will never be late to start a new thing.  I am thinking of running my own business after retirement.
I gonna travel around world after retirement..

回复 10#PUPPET 的帖子

That's a perfect idea. Why don't you start travelling now? It won't be bothered if you have some weeks off annually.
I wish I can fling my files out of the window and pack up holiday stuff straight away. .

引用:
原帖由 PUPPET 于 2009-3-11 10:49 发表
It is hard for me to seek for small business like you mentioned above to replace of my current company’s job, the reason is lack of safety , confidence and enthusiasm, and I am also worry about my ag ...
Me too.

In 2002, we have a chance, operate an advertizing bookshop , my classmate operate one in Beijin sucessfully, he suggest us operate one in shanghai also, and he can share purchase source with us.

But at that time,i only tried in spare time, and i did earn a little money. Finally, it was still very hard for me to give up my job..

引用:
原帖由 Emerald 于 2009-3-11 11:02 发表
I am sorry. I realized you have more courage than my cousin.
Never mind, you are welcome!

But i really lack of courage to give up my job.

So, i am thinking maybe we can start:

a web shop selling special goods?

HR consultant company?

Accountant service company?.

回复 3#Emerald 的帖子

We were told the her special business would be prosperous and successful.

Could tell me what kind of business stealthily since she has given up?.

引用:
原帖由 Emerald 于 2009-3-11 11:14 发表
That's a perfect idea. Why don't you start travelling now? It won't be bothered if you have some weeks off annually.
I wish I can fling my files out of the window and pack up holiday stuff straight  ...
More work less money and holidays.

I am worn out, but I had to working hard to support my graceful life.

So pity I am..

引用:
原帖由 PUPPET 于 2009-3-11 11:03 发表

I gonna travel around world after retirement.
Me too.
But i don't know will i still health enough to traval around world when i am already 65..

May be we will have chance to cooperate in the near future!

Now recruiring freezed! [/quote]

Thanks a lot. I do believe the situation will be better..

回复 15#PUPPET 的帖子

It won't be that expensive to go some places like Thailand or Bali. More and more people can afford to go for a holiday trip.
I myself like spring time very much, as you see the peach trees broke out into delicate blossoms of pink and pearl. The fresh air is scented with green grass. I often hold up my nose and sniff of the gorgeous smell. What a shame that i have to work.

[ 本帖最后由 Emerald 于 2009-3-11 17:41 编辑 ].

引用:
原帖由 Emerald 于 2009-3-11 17:30 发表
It won't be that expensive to go some places like Thailand or Bali. More and more people can afford to go for a holiday trip.
I myself like spring time very much, as you see the peach trees broke ou ...
Sounds pretty good.

Me like fall, especially in Oct. & Nov., cozy but not cold. the suburb Mountains covered with various color, the air fill of sweet scent with flowers and vanillas, the sky is clear and clean, that is a charming season.

I always open my eyes on this amazing world, thanks for god, everything is so spectacular. I like to diving in the sea and try to touch the coral and chase the tiny fish, I like to climb the mountain and hear the sounds of falls, even hunting in forest seek for gorilla, that is enjoyable..

引用:
原帖由 冰城来客 于 2009-3-11 13:21 发表

Me too.
But i don't know will i still health enough to traval around world when i am already 65.
Don't worry about that, age 65 is sooooo young..

homebred food (Tu te chan?)

We further discussed this topic last night, he is interesting in homebred food, such as:  agaric, rice from Beida huang/ North East.

There was a shop named Beidahuang near by my home last year, we bought lots of stuff in it, but it closed at the end of last year, it's a pity..

回复 21#冰城来客 的帖子

I think then you should find out why it is closed. What can you learn from it?.

回复 22#Emerald 的帖子

Yes, you are right!

I think the reason is:

Product is really good, but it's quite expensive as well.
The shop is too big, operating expenses are very high.
Most residents living around are not interesting, they prefer normal quality with much more reasonale prices.

Maybe: a small shop + network operation model will be more efficient?.

Last night, we further discussed this topic, now i think this kind of small business, we need target on unit customers instead of personal customers, such as: eatery of school/company etc..

To start one's own business is a dream of every white collar worker, a simple SWOT analysis might help you to make a smart decision.
S--your strength, what you can offer other than your competitor
W--what is your weakness, lack of capital, time and etc
O--what is your oppotunity, sometimes, unemployeement maybe an opportunity
T--what is the threaten, are you willing to take certain risk, you  might loss money at the very beginning, also you might loss the current cozy life  that you have already been used to.
It takes great determination to shove the way strewed  by thorn.
But once you make it, you are the master of your own life.
it is like a one-way track, once you start, retrieve would be really hurt.

some people will think"nothing ventured, nothing gain"
others may think"better safe than sorry"
both are right, therefore, it is quite depend on your own judgement.

[ 本帖最后由 nice妈妈 于 2009-3-24 10:21 编辑 ].

回复 25#nice妈妈 的帖子

Excellent comments!.

发新话题