74 12
发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

how do you get along with your kids?

how do you get along with your kids?

I realized that lots of parents spent a few hours on WW everyday, but.......

how often do you usually talk to your kids?
at what time you prefer?
what's the topic? and who decide the topic usually?
can you always understand your kids?
will you share your history with them? even some embarrasing parts?
do you have body contact with your kids everyday? do they enjoy it?.

Sofa.

These days my son and i have been raising QQ pets together. Waste little money and much time, while gain some mutual topics. And we wouldn't like to give up our pets and save our time for anything else which is more useful. .

提示: 该帖被自动屏蔽

回复 1#混凝土 的帖子

Very good topic!

Normally i vist WW during work break.

And chair...................

I talk to my boy on everyday basis.

at what time you prefer?
when we are at home, most likely, dinner time.   I also like the time before bed.

what's the topic? and who decide the topic usually?
Topics about shool.  I will throw some open questions, like what did you do at school? did you learn new songs?   What are they? did you help your buddies? How?

No, not always.  Sometimes, he seems to live in his own world. He would talk to himself, indulging himself in his own fantasies.

will you share your history with them? even some embarrasing parts?
Nope, those are Mommy's history. I may tell him whem time matures. Well, some secrets are not meant to be told, neither shared.

do you have body contact with your kids everyday? do they enjoy it?
I hug him and kiss him everyday.   I will make sure that he understands that mommy loves him..

hehe, all my sparetime is almost occupaied by kid.
Anyway  my boss will get crazy once he know how many time I spend on WW. .

回复 6#loveneverdies 的帖子

Sense and sensibility?

Actually i don't understand why "sense" means "理智" and "sensibility" means "情感".  In English, "sense" and "sensibility" seem to have similar derivation. But in Chinese, "理智" and "情感" seem to have two seperate directions much different.

Forgive my poor chinenglish..

My kid likes to listen the stories of my childhood, which I polished more or less, and just like spice during his dinner time..

引用:
原帖由 三顺 于 2009-3-3 10:30 发表
Sense and sensibility?

Actually i don't understand why "sense" means "理智" and "sensibility" means "情感".  In English, "sense" and "sensibility" seem to have similar derivation. But in Chine ...
I checked them on Wiki, here is what I got:
senses are the physiological methods of perception. The senses and their operation, classification, and theory are overlapping topics studied by a variety of fields, most notably neuroscience, cognitive psychology (or cognitive science), and philosophy of perception. The nervous system has a specific sensory system, or organ, dedicated to each sense.

Sensibility refers to an acute perception of or responsiveness toward something, such as the emotions of another. This concept emerged in eighteenth-century Britain, and was closely associated with studies of sense perception as the means through which knowledge is gathered. It also became associated with sentimental moral philosophy.

my personal understanding is that:
Senses are the methods(sight/hearing/smell/taste/touch),  while sensibility refers to our responsiveness toward something via our five senses. So our senses are very objective (methods), but what we feel about something via our five senses shall be very different. Literally, sensibility is what we feel, it's 情感; while senses are how we feel, it's more rational to say it as 理智。.

回复 10#loveneverdies 的帖子

Your understanding is more easy (XXXXXXXXXX) to be understood than the complex theory.

Thanks for your sharing!

And "more easy" is right? Shouldn't be "easier"?

easy

easier

easiest

单音节词单独存在的时候,一般都是重读的。双音节词和多音节词一般只有一个音节是重读的。多音节词除重读音节之外,有时还有一个次重读音节。

easy: 双音节词
“辅音字母+y”结尾的双音节词,改y为i,再加-er。
easy-easier busy-busier

其他双音节词和多音节词,在前面加more来构成比较级
important-more important beautiful-more beautiful

[ 本帖最后由 三顺 于 2009-3-3 11:29 编辑 ].

引用:
原帖由 三顺 于 2009-3-3 11:08 发表
Your understanding is more easy (XXXXXXXXXX) to be understood than the complex theory.

Thanks for your sharing!

And "more easy" is right? Shouldn't be "easier"?

easy

easier

easier or more easier, I got it,  who cares... .

引用:
原帖由 三顺 于 2009-3-3 10:30 发表
Sense and sensibility?

Actually i don't understand why "sense" means "理智" and "sensibility" means "情感".  In English, "sense" and "sensibility" seem to have similar derivation. But in Chine ...
the reason is Chinese have much longer and richer history.

回复 6#loveneverdies 的帖子

i'm sure your boy knew very well that you love him...but he never know how deep your love is.
to give is always happier than to take..

回复 13#混凝土 的帖子

回复 7#merry77 的帖子

don't be fully occupied by your kid, try to save some time for yourself and your other family members, and too much attention will make the kids spoiled and dependent....

引用:
原帖由 混凝土 于 2009-3-2 18:11 发表

at what time you prefer?
what's the topic? and who decide the topic usual ...
I spend the majority of my time with my child,
and I enjoy to spend time with her.
We sing, dance, read and talk about every thing everyday
even ET, jokes, including my mistakes in the past......

We have secrets, since we are best friends!       

[ 本帖最后由 丽贝卡妈妈 于 2009-3-3 13:59 编辑 ].

回复 3#三顺 的帖子

that's fun! go on to find out more interestiing things to share with your kids..

引用:
原帖由 双鱼 于 2009-3-2 20:16 发表
Sofa
it must be a comfortable sofa, hope you slept well last night.

回复 4#cocoyangyang 的帖子

please....at least say something....

thanks ww web, i learn very much from ww, it provide a platform for us to share and learn each other,it cover work, life and news around us ,through it, i belive i will be qualified than past as a mother and a wife. thanks again! as a lawyer, i can offer free  consultation service  to morther and father of WW, DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME THROUGH  MOBILE PHONE OR SHORT MESSAGE OF WW !.

回复 17#丽贝卡妈妈 的帖子

sounds fantastic!.

回复 22#混凝土 的帖子

Thank you!   

How about you?

How do you get along with your kids?.

回复 23#丽贝卡妈妈 的帖子

i regarded my daughter as a life long partner since she was born, so we talked everyday - on the way to school in the moring, on table, and the cherish moment is before sleep .

We shared our feelings about everything, that made us so close and be easy understood. It's so interesting to see child's point of view and so lovely to have their trust...both of us felt like companions, not fighting alone.

Parents always require the kids to listen to them, but i do suggest the parents to listen to their kids!!! and don't be shy to tell them how you thought at the same age, you may probably find the life now you're living is not the right direction...

The most powerful thing among the relationship is body contact, kiss and hug will make both of us feel secured and close. Don't give up even sometimes the kids hide away....

回复 24#cocoyangyang 的帖子

hehe, i thought it was WW....

回复 25#混凝土 的帖子

Sounds fantastic, too!        

If you are a father, I think you're responsible and marvelous!.

回复 27#丽贝卡妈妈 的帖子

well, you're right, i'm a single mother.

回复 29#cocoyangyang 的帖子

oh, the table looked really heavy, are you ok?.

引用:
原帖由 混凝土 于 2009-3-2 18:11 发表

at what time you prefer?
what's the topic? and who decide the topic usual ...
This is a good topic.

How often do you usually talk to your kids?
Frequently. I like to talk, play with my son, and even play tricks on him, which is so funny. Also my son likes to talk me about something he interested or experienced.

At what time you prefer?
Most time at dinner table, or before him sleeping, and on our way to training school at weekend.

What’s the topic? And who decide the topic usually?
I think most topics related to schools and his homework, also I like to share his ideas, although sometime his idea is quite strange for me. Someday I bring my unhappy home, no more patience and focus on listening, even interrupt his speak, that is my fault.

Can you always understand your kids?
No, less and less understanding with my son’s growing, that is my big concern. Now he often dare to say “No” to against me, I don’t know how I could treat with his growing issues.

Will you share your history with them? Even some embarrassing parts?
Yes, I like to share. I told him something about my childhood, my son always feel interest in it.

Do you have body contact with your kids every day? Do they enjoy it?

My son is a handsome boy, so me and my wife like to kiss his lovely cheek.

[ 本帖最后由 PUPPET 于 2009-3-3 15:07 编辑 ].

回复 32#PUPPET 的帖子

Sounds you're a typical chinese father, and tried hard to be accompany with your son.

The conflict between father and son is "understanding", because the father loves to set the target and try to guide his son the right way, always looks at his son with bird's eye view...

Well, it's not a big deal to be refused or against by your son, he is an independent person, he needs a father as a teacher also a friend, try to exchange your position, give him a bigger tolerance and make him love this world as you did..

--how often do you usually talk to your kids?
-------at what time you prefer?
every day ,mostly at dinner time at night unless i am off on business;

--------what's the topic? and who decide the topic usually?
something like his school life today,how about his best friend.and I will share with him the new season stuff of NBA before he gets the detail on TV. recently the main top is of middle school entering,focusing on the resume making.

-----hard to say that. sometimes i am puzzled about his thoughts towards his teacher,such as 'why did the teacher always praise the girls?''  must  he be a good student if  he is disciplined?' etc.

---------do you have body contact with your kids everyday? do they enjoy it?
every day!  a hot kiss,a deep hug.,very usual act that  we both enjoy..

引用:
原帖由 混凝土 于 2009-3-3 14:14 发表
i regarded my daughter as a life long partner since she was born, so we talked everyday - on the way to school in the moring, on table, and the cherish moment is before sleep .

We shared our  ...
can't agree more.

my answer,maybe too simple :-

Everyday, We talk a lot during dinner time ,shower time,bed time,play time.

At what time you prefer?
before sleeping,it's relaxed.And he looks so cute to talk with.

What’s the topic? And who decide the topic usually?
He is very glad to share with me the school life and his hobbies ,and always asks me my opions on these things.

yes,most times.

yes,i think we both enjoy it..

回复 6#混凝土 的帖子

I yesterday naive have had a very delightful dream .

good to hear that your son realized this is not a perfect world, he started to think deeper and analyze the situations, you should be proud of him!.

引用:
原帖由 混凝土 于 2009-3-3 16:17 发表
Sounds you're a typical chinese father, and tried hard to be accompany with your son.

The conflict between father and son is "understanding", because the father loves to set the target and try to  ...
Thank you for your good suggestion.

I hope we could reducing conflicts between father and son in the future, and help him to solve problems of his growing pains. My aim is to be a qualified father, mentor, and his close friend..

回复 35#夏日的庭院 的帖子

how lucky you are!
i can smell the happiness from your simple words, see, when there is love, everything looks beautiful!.

回复 39#混凝土 的帖子

Thank you!

Thanks for raising this topic. I have spent all my after work hours with my kids. We share with each other things happened at school or work  mainly during the dinner time or before sleep.

I have to do everything else during work time or lunch break. such as surf on ww , shopping, facial....  of course, all my weekends are with my lovely babies. Only after they sleep, I can have time for myself. Poor me..

We hug and kiss each other before leave home in the morning and kiss each other before sleeping. The kids enjoy it very much. This gives us a chance to show how much we love each other.

About communication, I let the kids decide. They will talk about the things they are interested or ask the questions about things they want to know.

To be frank, I don't understand my kids even they are still a such little one but I try to understand and accept their strange thinking.  It is a life-time tough job and brings me joy and pain at the same time..

Every day. My son is quite talkative.

At what time you prefer?
I prefer after dinner, but he usually starts talking when I just step into my house.

What's the topic? And who decide the topic usually?
Anything, most of the time is things happened in his school or to his friend.

I can understand him most of the time, but sometimes I have no idea what he is talking about.

Will you share your history with them? Even some embarrassing parts?
Yes, I am willing to share with him.

Yes, I usually give him a hug and good night kiss. I think he enjoys..

passed,but don't wanna  miss.
I often  intimately touch my boy though i have little time to communicate with him, and my boy enjoys our body contact very much. He tells me all about things he worries or enjoys,and i'd  love to share my experience even embarrassed thing with him as well..

dejected

I can't understand lots of my son's stories and jokes.
Only my husband always bursts out laughing.

[ 本帖最后由 tomsmun 于 2009-3-4 09:46 编辑 ].

回复 44#tomsmun 的帖子

sounds you don't have much sense of humour as your husband...but never mind, your son knows you love him.

try to purify and simplify your mind while communicating with kids, listen but don't think too much, enjoy the warm and friendly feelings..

回复 43#cyls 的帖子

time is not an issue, as well as you pay attention to him and interact with each other, the communication will be smooth and pleasant, make him feel safe and respected as a member of the family..

回复 42#辛勤的妈妈 的帖子

you did a great job! he trust you...that's why wanna share everything with you....
normally boys didn't talk that much since they want to stay cool.

回复 41#一缕阳光08 的帖子

"To be frank, I don't understand my kids even they are still a such little one but I try to understand and accept their strange thinking.  It is a life-time tough job and brings me joy and pain at the same time."

well...try to change your mind...it's not a tough job but a important role as parents, it's NOT us to decide how our children should grow and what to be, we're just gas stations, without gas and maitenance, cars can't move..

回复 28#混凝土 的帖子

Though life seems to be very tough some time,  yor're strong enough to get it through.

Share and enjoy all the happiness created between you and your dautghter.   .

引用:
原帖由 PUPPET 于 2009-3-3 16:58 发表

Thank you for your good suggestion.

I hope we could reducing conflicts between father and son in the future, and help him to solve problems of his growing pains. My aim is to be a qualified fat ...
there is no certification for parents(or kids), because we'll never graduate from our roles, open-minded parents will raise happy kids, happyness gives us a quality life..

74 12
发新话题