发新话题
打印【有16个人次参与评价】

[外语] 母语式教学还是中英文上课?

回复 #120 watermelon 的帖子

我是有个双语儿童.其实,他爸爸很忙,每天和他说话的时间并不是很多,实际上.这里面就是有方法的问题的

Your husband is a native English speaker and you are a native Chinese speaker, that's why your kid is bi-lingual, which has nothing to do with "methodology". Even if you don't teach your kid English---in fact many bilingual families never do---, he is bi-lingual, exceptions being that the kids have passed their puberty before the family becomes bi-lingual when only one of the parents' native languages becomes the kids' native tongue.
On the other hand, in mono-lingual families, it is virtually impossible to breed a "bilingual kid". The best result of any methods, teaching a language in the native way or with the help of translation, will be that the kid becomes fluent in a foreign language. And this "foreign language", technically speaking, can never be identical with his native language. It will, ultimately, become an "interlanguage"..

引用:
原帖由 Cherrydaddy 于 2007-7-25 13:21 发表

Your husband is a native English speaker and you are a native Chinese speaker, that's why your kid ...

提示: 该帖被自动屏蔽

引用:
原帖由 Cherrydaddy 于 2007-7-25 13:21 发表

Your husband is a native English speaker and you are a native Chinese speaker, that's why your kid ...
你们在打乱仗!

西瓜妈妈的出发点就是打击和抨击那些不懂装懂,乱骗家长钱的中文英语老师;顺带她也揭露中国应试英语教育的路子不正确。当然,她的语气和方法有待商讨。
你和个别几位的观点是在讨论双语儿童是如何培养出来的,还是根本就不是培养的因为生来就是的。
参考西瓜以前的帖子,还有那些被抢了生意或者真的是不懂装懂犟头皮的中文英语老师在偷着看笑话恨着。

所以,你们不要讨论了,因为你们根本没有在谈论同一件事情。

而且,LZ的这个讨论题目也忒大了。有钱的没钱的,出过国的没出过国的,应试的不应试的,将来出国的将来不出国的,嫁老外的没嫁老外的,小海龟的小LOCAL的,爱考级的不爱考级的,爱比赛的不爱比赛的,爱现的不爱现的。。。。。大千世界稀里哗啦五彩缤纷的,谁可以说有标准答案呢?任何打着“讨论”的旗号出发点都是好的,但是,往往是到后面就打乱仗,让小人们各取所需的偷着乐。.

回复 #150 和你在一起 的帖子

不敢当。
把“A new study published July 19 in the online edition of Archives of Disease in Childhood ”改成“A new study published July 19 in the Journal of Archives of Disease in Childhood"就比较常见,也好理解了。翻译过来就是7月19日发表在《Archives of Disease in Childhood》杂志上的一项新的研究。
“in”在这里按中文习惯应表述为“在---(杂志)上”。.

引用:
原帖由 火车是运茶的 于 2007-7-25 18:36 发表
不敢当。
把“A new study published July 19 in the online edition of Archives of Disease in Childhood ”改成“A new study published July 19 in the Journal of Archives of Disease in Childhood"就比 ...

这下明白了。
原来我还是没懂Archives of Disease in Childhood 的意思。没有注意到Archives of Disease in Childhood 里面都是大写。

回复 #154 千零 的帖子

咱们都是高考过来的,若是有学生一不小心,作文跑题了,是不是要怪出试卷的老师不好?
我觉得再大的题目,每个人都会有发表自己意见的出发点,问题在于跑得太远了,忘了怎么出发的!.

要是要打文字仗,不好意思,找错地方了。.

字里行间可以看出都是搞英语教育的,固然有自己的一些教学经验,用来帮人多好啊。
今天又有家长说孩子不知道书上某一个单字的意思,看,这是经常发生的事情;我们也曾经组织过一场辩论会来讨论这个议题,大家说出自己想说的,拿出自己站得住脚的证据、例子、数据!说得意犹未尽。同样,这个帖子的讨论也是相当火爆,但是砸“烂贴”的人肯定是有理由的,因为找不着北了!
感谢顶“好帖”的bbmm,也同样感谢砸“烂帖”的bbmm!.

回复 #151 Cherrydaddy 的帖子

明白了,那个加拿大人大山20岁开始学中文。现在中文说那么好,只有三个可能:

1。他是个神仙。
2。或者那么中文比英文简单太多了。
3。他的妈妈还是爸爸肯定有一个是中国人。

只是打个比方啊。都是学语言呀。。。别砸我。。。

[ 本帖最后由 watermelon 于 2007-7-25 23:08 编辑 ].

中国长此以往的应试英语教育所带来的结果是显而易见的,因为不想再停留在哑巴英语阶段,由此才提出了母语式教学,最终的效果如何,教师家长可以看到不同时代同等年龄的孩子在英语运用上的进步,口语交流能力的提高,这是我们作为教育工作者想看到的..

引用:
原帖由 啸啸妈 于 2007-7-24 19:27 发表
大家一起讨论!

很佩服你的气度和执著。
严重同意你的观点!.

我英文不好,才把孩子送出去学英文,才在这看怎样学好英文的帖子,拜托不要写呢么多英文,好吗?我看不懂,也翻译不出来

讨论问题也要有个风度吧,拜托,拜托.........

回复 #157 思蕴妈妈 的帖子

老师出完作文题,自己就得守着,不能一旁开小差; 看到要跑题了,发个段子拨拨方向;或者像我那样,编上1,2,3的小标题,尽管会有跑题的帖子,但自己的方向不大会偏。 如果题目谈远了,干脆开个新题目,并不是要攒工分,专题专论为好。.

回复 #151 Cherrydaddy 的帖子

Cherrydaddy,

As a matter of fact, I do spend time teaching my child English and I've done so since he was born. I've also been acquainted with an American woman who had a child with a Chinese man. Her child could not speak English very well and the reason for that is because she did not spend much time teaching her. This mother also assumed that our son would not be able to speak English very well if he grew up in China, but I have since proven her wrong.

Yes, I've had success teaching my son English, but I've had just as much success teaching children whose native language is Chinese. The principles are the same, it's just that time spent with my students is usually less. If you must know, however, sometimes I feel very tired when I instruct my son at home after teaching Chinese kids all day long, but I still recognize how important it is for me to continue his education. So, I continue teaching him even when I don't want to or I feel frustrated with having to repeat things to him. Also, I don't think he would ever gain native proficiency in China without my help.

The real fact is that every family "teaches" their children, they just don't always understand how they go about doing it or they may not label what they do as "teaching." To say that many bi-lingual families don't teach their kids is ridiculous! Obviously, you haven't spent much actual time with any bi-lingual families. The first thing every family must do is set time aside for their children. In doing that, your children will learn in a very natural way and that is what I try to recreate in my classroom.

Your assumption that Chinese kids can never reach such a high level of competency is also fundamentally wrong. Seriously, it's all about the approach you take and the amount of time you spend practicing. There are plenty of people out there who have done amazingly well with foreign languages. These people are few and far between in today's society, but I submit to you that this is because the most common approaches to English education are not the most efficient, the level of most English teachers is not high, the amount of time most students allot to English practice is very little (and therefore should be more efficient), and many students give up before they achieve a higher level of success (usually because they don't place enough value on learning more or they become frustrated with periodically slow learning... though the reasons and excuses could be countless).

To say that most students will not reach anything more than "fluency" is not far from the truth. However, to say that no one CAN reach a level beyond that is ludicrous. English is not magical and it is not genetic. It doesn't matter what your nationality or race is, you CAN learn it and you can learn it well. How much you learn and how well you speak is entirely up to you. Let me tell you, I know plenty of native speakers who speak the language horribly in my own country, so don't tell that it just depends on growing up in an English speaking environment either. There is a lot that depends on how seriously you want to learn. If you want to learn the language well, then I advise you to find a good teacher who is serious about his profession. If you want better than that, then find a teacher with a high level of proficiency and ability to teach as well.

My motto is this: the sky is the limit. In other words, there is no limit to what my students can learn from me. I am here to teach them everything I know and I fully believe in my ability to do that. That is why I think we have the best place in this country for supplemental education. Keep in mind that not all teachers and programs are the same. If you want to find the best, then I think you should do a lot of comparison and research. Even after that, remember to keep an open mind, something better may come along which you were previously unaware of or did not conceive.

Finally, let me say that I am very proud of the progress my students make. My best students study with me about four times a week and they have already reached the level of "fluency," as I knew they would. Since they are so young now (around 7 years old), I have no doubt that they will be far greater in the future. Students who study with me once a week are a little slower, but they still make noticeable progress and I think they will do just fine in years to come; certainly enough to study in universities, conduct business, and communicate with foreigners. In other words, enough to cover the expectations most parents hold for their children these days.

We do our best to make every hour spent in our classroom meaningful and informative; especially since the amount of time some kids spend speaking English is very nominal. Believe me, nobody realizes this better than us, but we also think that in years to come, every little bit of practice will pay off. Why not make the time spent more efficient as well? That's why we think everyone should come study with us. I mean, why spend 10 years studying what you could learn in only 5?

Nothing I do or say is based on anything other than real experience with real kids. My methods of teaching work and they work remarkably well. In fact, those who follow my advice most carefully get the best results from our program. My students often seem years ahead of their peers in many ways. If you'd like to see things in action, come to our place of business and we will be happy to demonstrate how good it really is..

回复 #165 watermelon 的帖子

I have no intention to undermine your achievment in language teaching, and i admire your real experience with real kids. The only difference between you and me is our definition of "fluency" and "native proficiency". I know several foreigners who speak Chinese much better than "DA SHAN", but we can still detect that their speech is not native Chinese. Anyhow it doesn't matter if, by common standard, we consider them having "native proficiency" in Chinese language.
I see you are a good language instructor, partly because of your family environment, and mostly because of your zeal and endeavor. My first response to your post is purely out of respect. i suppose you won't feel offended.
As a matter of fact, there are lots of people in the linguistic circle who firmly believe that language is, to a large extent, genetic. That is controversial of course, I am not going to argue any more. Finally, i suggest you read something about linguistic study, especially works by Noam Chomsky in Second Language Acquisition, you probably will see my understanding about "bi-lingualness", "native proficiency", etc.

[ 本帖最后由 Cherrydaddy 于 2007-7-26 07:21 编辑 ].

谢谢老H的批评!我想理由我已经解释过了,也希望你能理解,我和很多bbmm一样,只是利用工作之外的时间在讨论,在帮忙,为了你的呼唤(或者说是批评),今天特地开了通宵电脑!请你名白,高考时候没有老师的,我的工作与电脑无关。
我很佩服很多人,在园丁联盟,社会教育等板块有相当多的帖子,的确需要花费很多时间,佩服佩服!我已承认没有照顾好“宝宝”,谢谢! .

引用:
原帖由 Cherrydaddy 于 2007-7-26 07:09 发表
I have no intention to undermine your achievment in language teaching, and i admire your real experience with real kids. The only difference between you and me is our definition of "fluency" and  ...

回复 #167 思蕴妈妈 的帖子

网上讨论是这样的——脚踏西瓜皮。
我以为老H前辈没有批评你。
你的问题提出得很好。这个帖子里很多有理论、有实践、有问题、有思考的人都从自己的角度谈了自己的看法。相信看这个帖子的人都有收获!
我还顺带以“译读法”温习了10多年没有正经学过、考过的英语。
现在外面考试考务费都很贵的,托你帖子的福,我免费考了一次。那么多看官给评卷呢。
谢谢你!.

无论如何,英语学习在中国很重要

中国目前还是一个对英语能力低下者歧视的国度。
我给女儿作学习动员说,为了长大不被那些自以为英语好的人看不起,也要好好学英语。

这个也是跑题体贴,大家砸完我继续讨论正题。.

I know many people who would refer to "Da Shan's" ability as "native proficiency." In fact, he is commonly described as having "better than native ability" by Chinese and Westerners alike. The ability to detect a slight oddity in a person's speech should in no way detract from that person's ability to use a foreign language; especially due to the fact that we all have slight variations in the way we speak largely dependent on the environments we have been exposed to. For instance, the way my cousin speaks English sounds different from the way I speak it simply because he was raised in the South and I was raised in the North. However, I don't think you'll find us arguing over this fact (although we did when we were children). We also understand each other quite clearly. We each regard the other as a native speaker of English despite our differences.

I did NOT say that LANGUAGE has nothing to do with genetics. In fact, one of the fundamental ideas upon which I have built my program is that the ability to use and learn a language comes naturally. Therefore, one doesn't need to worry and fret over points like "understanding" and "comprehension," but should instead focus on correct practice, mindful performance, broad exposure, and consistent study. In other words, the focus of the lessons should be on "what they do" rather than "what they understand." Too many parents come to me with concerns over what their children can understand or remember. I simply try to explain to them that language is more than a memory game. I'm not trying to program robots, I'm trying to teach human beings. As human beings, they possess certain abilities which I as a teacher should understand and work with.

On the other hand, I DID say that ENGLISH is not genetic. I do not believe that any specific language is genetic in nature. In fact, I was chatting with a Canadian-Chinese woman the other day. She was raised by a Caucasian family but wanted to visit her real family in Taiwan. She was lamenting the fact that she couldn't remember any Chinese and was unable to communicate with her own grandparents. She's not the only Asian person I've encountered with this problem.

I've been having a lot of success with my teaching methods and I would encourage all those serious about studying English to re-evaluate your belief system from time to time. The human mind is a complicated miracle and scientists haven't even begun to unravel its deeper mysteries. It really helps to keep an open mind so that you may continue to learn new things.
u
I think I do see your point to an extent, Cherrydaddy. When I was a teenager, I read a book detailing some of the most daring prison escapes in history. The book advised people to never attempt speaking with foreigners (if you are trying to remain hidden amongst the populace) no matter how good you think your language skills are. A native speaker will eventually be able to determine foreign qualities in your speech . I've also heard that spies are usually well-trained in avoiding direct conversation with strangers for this reason.

However, this is beside the point. You don't have to speak exactly like me to speak good English. It helps if you try though. The truth is that the general level of English in China is rather poor and could be a lot better. This is the case in spite of the fact that students study the language for many years and take many standard tests on the subject. I've met  people who have passed various levels of the CET who know practically nothing when asked (or at least were unable to communicate what they know -- which is basically the same). Yes, Chinese people are getting better and I think the standards for English in this country will be higher in years to come, but the first thing people really need to change is their approach to learning languages. If a lot of people were to suddenly do that, I believe there would be a real "English Boom"! The whole world would probably benefit from such increased levels of communication.

I must admit, I didn't always hold the beliefs I hold now. I've learned a lot since I've arrived in China. I was educated in foreign languages like French, Spanish, and Japanese by teachers who used different methods than the ones I use to teach English as a foreign language. Many people in this world seem to believe that the way they were taught is the best way to teach. But I've always believed that a good teacher can go beyond what they have learned from books or previous instructors by always approaching things objectively. In the end, it's results that matter and I'm always willing to experiment a little to get better results. Please ask yourself honestly, are you also willing?.

回复 #170 和你在一起 的帖子

We do not look down upon people who don't speak English well. I think it's perfectly fine if you only speak a little or even don't speak at all. As I've stated before, how well you speak is entirely up to you.

However, the truth is that English is used by many Chinese people to determine a certain level of education and quality of upbringing. There seems to always be something like this separating the different classes of people in this country. For instance, the difficulty of Chinese writing is often attributed to the fact that Chinese people desired to separate the scholars from the lower class. Mao Ze Dong wished to eliminate this mindset by simplifying the characters, but I don't think he was able to single-handedly erase such ingrained habits.

Your assumption that I look down upon people who speak poor English is therefore most likely based on your experience within your own culture. However, please keep in mind that I come from a different culture with different values.

Any advice we have given is solely for the purpose of improvement. Anyone who wants to achieve excellence should be able to gain it. It's a trait to be admired because it is not easy to acquire. We are simply here to assist. Yes, we point out some flaws, but it is from mistakes that we often learn the most..

回复 #169 和你在一起 的帖子

主要是自己的心态问题。

只是讨论和试图解释什么样的方式学出来的英语更好些。

如果是瞧不起的话,做什么老师??。瞧不起的人根本不配做教育这一行业。
不要故意丑化或曲解别人的意思。就像我说的“中文教学英文”,您就误会成“中国老师教中文”。不过后来您把这段话给删了。

我们是阐述我们看到的和经历,而不是阐述我们所想的。那你阐述您所想的,但不能就说明别人也和你想的是一样的。对吧??

谢谢。

[ 本帖最后由 watermelon 于 2007-7-26 13:12 编辑 ].

回复 #1 思蕴妈妈 的帖子

我还是赞同中英结合方式进行教育为好!为什么?因为我们是在中国,不是在外国!纵使老师能用全母语教授外文,可是家长呢,你能保证自己的水平也能随时和宝宝交流吗?有多少家长能给孩子如此的环境?没有的话,还是双语教学吧,否则上课归上课,下课宝宝还是用中文地头脑去思考问题,效果还是不佳的!
所以,在中国没有好的英语的学习环境,再怎么用母语教学也是没用的..

回复 #174 perfumefang06 的帖子

你的想法我可明白

但有的父母一点英文不会的也有。比如我们的预初的孩子,他们的父母很多英文是一窍不通,但他们的父母告诉我,他们的孩子就是一直都是按母语的方式来学习的。现在交流,(交流是毫无问题),并且阅读,写都很好。

所以事情在没试过怎么知道没用呢??

没有什么事情是绝对的。

[ 本帖最后由 watermelon 于 2007-7-26 13:50 编辑 ].

I've met a few kids in China who have really impressed me with their ability to speak English. Their teachers were native speakers or their teachers taught them solely with English. It didn't seem very useless to study this way when I conversed with them as if they were ordinary American kids.

On the other hand, I've met LOTS of kids who study English with Chinese translations. How well do you think they were able to converse? You'd be right if you guessed "next to nothing." They couldn't even tell me their names, ages, state of well-being, or the color of the sky.

Based on these observations, which would you say is the more useless method?

On a side note, when I arrived in China a few years ago my wife's aunt asked me how to say "open the door" in English. I probably repeated the phrase to her twenty times. Each time she repeated my words but always followed up by translating it into Chinese. A few days later she had forgotten it completely. She asked me to tell her again. I did, but she still forgot.

I've seen people repeat words again and again using translations, only to forget them almost immediately. The problem is that there is a connection in the speaker's mind with the native word, but they are trying to create a "false attachment" to go with the native word. It just doesn't always work because that's not a very natural way to speak a language. It also requires a high level of mental focus which anyone can tell you will only last for a short time (especially if the student is young) and is easily influenced by such factors as fatigue and environmental distractions.

If you were to tell a middle school student a new word in his native language, he would probably only have to hear you say it once or twice. There is a good chance he would remember it permanently. Why? Well, the student has developed a high degree of familiarity with the pronunciation and use of that language. He is also willing to accept that word into his vocabulary without any extra thought.

Therefore, what I teach is not just the English language. I teach HOW to learn the English language. You must build familiarity and comfort with the language if you ever want to attain the ability to learn new words quicker.

The ability to learn new words faster could mean the difference between learning 500 vocabulary words per year and 1500 vocabulary words per year. Take my advice, don't waste your time speaking Chinese when you should be practicing English. That class time is precious.

我在中国就碰到过一些孩子,他们的英语水平就是真的是另我印象深刻,他们说的老师曾经是母语是英语国家的人或者他们的老师用英语母语思维的方式教他们英语。因此当我和他们交流和美国孩子一样。,似乎,这种方式学英语并不是无用的。

另一方面,我也碰到过很多很多的孩子,用中文翻译的方式学习的英文,你知道他们能和我们谈论些什么吗?他们的反映没有,有的甚至无法和我 交流他们的姓名,国际,天空的颜色等。

根据这些观测和事实,你认为哪个更加无用些?
另外一点,当我来到中国的时候,我老婆的阿姨请我教她用英语怎么说“开门”,我估计教了她二十遍,重复了二十遍,每次她借用中文重复再重复,几天过后,她还是完全忘记怎么说了,要我再告诉她怎么说。告诉了,但还是忘记了。
我看见有人用翻译的方法一再重复单词,但是几乎马上他们又忘记了。问题在于,在母语世界里,每个词语都是有联系的,但是他们却尝试创造一个“附件“给母语的东西”。通常这不太有用,因为这不是说一个语言的自然方式。翻译的方法需要很高的注意力集中水平,(尤其对于孩子来说太年轻)。借助翻译的时候,精神要高度集中,因此孩子持续集中力的时间相对短(比如你看电视的时候,旁边有个人在一旁不停的讲解,同样你对电视的内容只能抓住部分),而且容易疲惫。
如果你告诉一个中学生一个新的你的母语的词语,很可能他在听一两次后就能记住了,他有很高的机会永远的记住词语。为什么?,因为学生他们的语言系统在发音和使用上达到了很高的熟练水平。他也更愿意的接受这个新词语没有太多的考虑和想法

因此,我想教的不仅仅是英语这个语言,而是教如何学英语语言,你必须建立学习一学习新词语和句型的熟悉和适应的方法来更快的接受英语学习新词新句的能力。

学习能力的不同很可能就意味着每年能学1500词语和500词语的差别。考虑一下我的建议,不要在有限的练习英语的时间浪费时间说汉语,课堂上的时间是宝贵的。

[ 本帖最后由 watermelon 于 2007-7-26 14:46 编辑 ].

尽管中国没有母语环境,但我赞同尽量用母语教学,特别是在孩子小的时候。外教课,看书,看电影,在家说英语等等都是父母为孩子创造母语环境的手段之一。把孩子引入正轨后,你会发现他们的潜力是惊人的,而且并不需要父母操心太多,他们会自主自发的学习。也不用担心学校的中英文教学对孩子的影响,因为孩子长大了,英语水平到了一定高度,照我女儿的话说就是:“学校的英语考试和我知道的英语是两套班子,我懂得如何应付。”

万事开头难!怎么教就决定了怎样的思维方式。曾惊讶于一个墨西哥客户流利纯正的英语,问她你是否是用英语思维的,她说当然了,我从小就这么学的。再问,那说母语时呢?她说,马上换成母语思维呀。但是,有一点,我做数学题的话都是用母语,因为从小老师没用英语教数学。.

回复 #176 watermelon 的帖子

西瓜,写中文吧。让更多BBMM看得明白点。.

回复 #178 不二周助 的帖子

不是要为写中文了,那是要我翻译的拉。。。.

尽管有分歧,仍觉得这是个好贴,顶!.

回复 #179 watermelon 的帖子

明白了,老师写的。.

回复 #176 watermelon 的帖子

这位仁兄看来英语不错,你家宝宝一定语言学得也不错吧.这篇文章虽然长,但也满简单的,比较能看得懂.
我觉得用双语教学比较适合孩子的原因也在于,我也有如此困惑的,就是家长水平不是很好,我也经常给她看英语的VCD,她也非常喜欢的,但关键在家里我该如何辅导孩子,因为毕竟水平有限,自己英语也不是很好,不知道该怎么教宝宝!
哎,学习学习,首先要学的还是家长同志!.

突然想到,补充一点,也有好的中国老师能用全英语上课哦!而且他们也懂西方文化和教育方法。.

回复 #183 不二周助 的帖子

那当然,所以不是中国老师和外教的问题,而是方法的问题。.

回复 #182 perfumefang06 的帖子

这篇文章不是我写的,是多年教学经验的美国指导师写的。英文自然不错。

我按不周的要求二十分钟内翻译好了。(没查字典什么的,所以也许有啥遗漏什么的,但意思肯定是表达得清楚了,我的英语很差的,所以别砸我。。。)另外一个长了等有空再翻译。

[ 本帖最后由 watermelon 于 2007-7-26 15:07 编辑 ].

Let's put an end to the arguing

引用:
原帖由 watermelon 于 2007-7-26 12:38 发表
I know many people who would refer to "Da Shan's" ability as "native proficiency." In fact, he is commonly described as having "better than native ability" by Chinese and Westerners alike. The ab ...
I appreciate your honest reponse. And let's put an end to this. I agree that there are lots of people who are enthusiastic and quite efficient in teaching English, and I am only too willing to learn from them. As I said before, I have no intention to undermine your effort and your achievement, neither do i want to challenge your method. NOT AT ALL. Thanks!.

回复 #186 Cherrydaddy 的帖子

For the most part, I am not arguing. I'm just telling my perspective. No harm done..

同意Watermelon和不二周助的看法,学习英语最好是母语教学,需要的只是家长和孩子的毅力。.

I major in English for special purposes. When I entered university 27 yrs ago in SH, our intense reading textbook was NEW CONCEPT English 2. Imagine! My girl is only 10 and she has no problem with NCE 2 (1). However, although we started very low and late, we are doing well. I mean all my classmates in university. Take it easy, Pa and Ma..

看到女儿学校布置的英语作业:读5遍单词,APPLE,苹果,APPLE,苹果.........

我已经傻了,有没有不参加学校英语学习的孩子呀.

提示: 该帖被自动屏蔽

回复 #189 clairez 的帖子

Exactly! The level and standards for English in this country are rising. Some people are bound to be left behind if they don't change some of their outdated views.

What was university level a couple of decades ago could very well be considered elementary level today. Just imagine what the future will be like..

回复 #169 和你在一起 的帖子

1 谢谢!
2 喜欢你的黑色幽默。.

有一定道理,我们国家的国情所致,有些宏观上的东西真的是我们老百姓左右不了的。每位bbmm的需求不同,各取所需也是情有可原的。.

回复 #180 不二周助 的帖子

感谢!以后我会更多得和大家交流!.

回复 #190 南方的燕子 的帖子

我们自己也是哑巴英语的一代,现在我还是不愿意看长篇的英语文章,若是我们的孩子还是在那样地学习,那光每周2、3个小时的母语式英语培训班是起不了什么作用的!可是学校考试还是语数外三门课,不学学校的英语常规课好像还不太现实。.

大山的太太的母语是中文,呵呵~~ 顺便八卦一下。.

今天一下班就上来了,晚饭都没吃,先看看“宝宝”再说,我的上班时间很奇怪吧,哈哈。
关于这个讨论的话题,就像前面有人说的:支持正方的还是同意正方,反方还是会站在反方。一个辩证的议题,总是会有不同的看法、想法,谢谢大家畅所欲言。本周日开始,我要出差一星期(提早说一下,可能有些早),又要离开“宝宝”了,希望不要有人砸我!!先谢谢了!大家继续讨论!.

我在课堂上,会发现这样一种现象:有些简单易懂的单字,孩子们是不会去追问其意思的, 他们在母语式教学的方法中会接受的很快。但是碰到一些有一定难度,或是容易引起歧义的单字时,他们自己会试着去猜测,当老师用肢体语言及表情去呈现salt的时候,孩子们不断地去猜,有些说是糖,我摇摇头,有些说是盐,我马上鼓励表扬,(当然,老师说得都是英语)这样一来,这仅仅几秒钟既不影响整体母语式的教学,又让学生明白老师所要展现的词义。
孩子们会猜测,那是受了母语影响,但是这种猜测也是母语式教学的一部分,让孩子们不断地去思考,揣测。英语的学习是循序渐进的,在潜移默化中,这样一种思维活动会让孩子增加学习的兴趣和主动性!这是我个人的意见,不知道各位bbmm怎么想?.

一个建议

讨论越来越深入,参加者越来越多。
能否把术语先规定好,免得产生歧义。
正方:全英语教学——尽量不(有的人强调完全不)借助孩子母语进行说明、释义
反方:中介语教学——不排除借助学习者母语进行说明、释义

另外:
就像有人指出的那样,这个讨论帖分叉很多。其中有一个问题是讨论如何培养双语儿童,或者“培养”双语儿童是否可能。这看起来是偏离主题的,其实不然。
我想,每个卷入这个议题的人都会有自己的出发点。
我介入的出发点在于:我认为“母语式学习”这个提法本身就是荒谬的、不严谨的。
此外,我也不认为在上海,为低龄学童创造尽量排除中介语英语学习的环境具有普遍可行性。
一部分家庭也许做得到,但是大部分家庭做不到的。目前情况,担当中小学课程教育的老师也做不到。
在这种情况下一味“主义化”地推崇“全英语教学”,排斥、怀疑“中介语教学”并不实际、也不明智。

比如楼主妈妈举了“salt”的例子。教师实践“全英教学”的精神可嘉,可是我很怀疑这样做的必要性。
大山看到这个生动的例子,也许会写一段新相声:叫“我不能马上告诉你答案,因为这样印象不深刻”。
课堂是要讲效率的。一个简单的单词“所指”,真的会对孩子的“英语思维”的培养产生影响吗?

啸啸妈说:怎么教,要看学生。教学是为学生而存在的。
我觉得所有有教学经验的教师都会认同。

我并不排斥全英语教学。相反,我认为学生如果教师能够胜任,学生能够理解吸收,那就没有必要用中介语。
但是,如果教师无法胜任全英文教学,或者即便教师能够胜任,学生无法吸收,那就一定要用中介语。课堂时间宝贵、学生时间宝贵,为什么“主义“空费是可笑的。.

发新话题