发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

[基督徒] 每日箴言TODAY

Isaiah 55:6-11  
January - 8

HOW TO GET CLOSE TO GOD: COMMUNICATE

Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Isaiah 55:6

In a made-for-TV documentary on marriage a wife says to her husband, "We live together, eat together, and sleep together, but we have nothing to say to each other. We’ve become intimate strangers." Of course. Without meaningful communication there can be no closeness.

What is true in our relationship with our spouse or other family members is even more true in our relationship with God. One of the reasons some of us don’t feel close to God is that we’re not communicating with God on a personal level.

We need to learn how to communicate with God. We need to take time to listen to what God is saying to us through the Bible. We have to listen to God as he speaks to us through circumstances and things that happen to us. We have to learn to ask, "What is God saying to me through what happened, and what is God saying to me through my spouse, my parents, my children, my friends, and other Christians?"

After we have listened, we have to talk with God in prayer. We can’t expect to feel God’s closeness unless we talk to him. Make sure you come to God and listen to him. Make sure you take the time each day to talk with him. Otherwise God will seem like a stranger. Imitate the Lord Jesus, who spent time alone every day to communicate with his Father.
PRAYER

Lord, help us to take time to communicate with you. Teach us how to pray, and teach us how to listen to you as we pray. Help us to follow Jesus’ example each day. Amen.

以赛亚书   55:6-11
January - 8

如何亲近神:与神对话

「当趁耶和华可寻找的时候寻找他,相近的时候求告他。」 赛55:6

在一套有关「婚姻」的电视专辑记录片中,一位妻子对丈夫说:「我们住在一起,食在一起,睡在一起,但却相对无言,变成一对亲密的陌生人。」两个人缺乏有意义的对话,自然无法建立亲密的关系。

我们与配偶或其他家庭成员的关系如此,与神的关系就更是如此了。我们感觉不到与神的亲密关系,其中一个原因,是我们没有个别与神对话。

我们要学习怎样与神对话,要花时间去聆听神通过圣经向我们说的话。当神通过我们身边的事物向我们说话时,我们必须聆听。我们要学习去问:「神要通过在我身上发生的事情,向我说甚么呢?神要通过我的配偶、父母、子女、朋友和其他基督徒,向我说甚么呢?」

我们聆听了神的话后,必须在祷告中与神对谈。我们不会感受到和神的亲密关系,除非我们和祂谈话。所以,要肯定你来到神面前,聆听祂的话语,要确定每天都花时间和神谈话,否则,神便如同陌路人。要效法主耶稣,祂天天都花时间,单独与神对话。
祷告

主啊,求祢帮助我们花时间去和祢对话,教导我们如何祷告,如何一边祷告,一边聆听玫乃祷埃徊帮助我们天天效法耶稣的榜样。阿们。.

Romans 12:1-8  
January - 9

HOW TO GET CLOSE TO GOD: COMMIT

Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God . . . . Romans 12:1

"It’s not about you!" This is the opening sentence in Rick Warren’s best-selling book The Purpose-Driven Life. At the beginning of a new year we need to remember that in this coming year it’s not about us. It’s about God and his purpose for our lives, and it’s about discovering that purpose.

To experience God’s closeness, we have to understand that the reason God gave us another year is so that we can live for him. As Paul puts it in Romans 12, we need to offer ourselves as living sacrifices to God. This is how Eugene Peterson puts it in The Message: "Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering."

God’s closeness requires surrender. We have to be willing to turn the controls of our lives over to God. We have to turn our hopes, our aspirations, our wants and our needs over to God. We have to learn to say, "Not my will, but yours be done" (Luke 22:42).

It takes grace to reach that point. For most of us, it’s a lifelong struggle to allow God to take complete control. We prefer to pretend that we’re in charge. It takes the Holy Spirit to make us willing to commit our lives to God. But it’s the only way to truly experience God’s close¬ness. Ask God today for the grace to surrender.
PRAYER

Lord, please help us surrender our lives to you. Give us the grace to see that life is not about us but about you and your purposes. Help us live each day to your glory. Amen.

罗马书   12:1-8
January - 9

如何亲近神:委身

「将身体献上,当作活祭,是圣洁的,是神所喜悦的……」 罗12:1

在华理克牧师的畅销书《标竿人生》中,劈头第一句便说:「生命的重心不是在你!」新年伊始,我们要谨记,在这一年当中,生命的重心不在我们,而是在于神,以及祂在我们生命中的旨意,在于我们如何明白这个旨意。

若要与神亲近,我们必须明白神赐我们新的一年,是叫我们可以为祂而活。正如保罗在罗马书第12章所说,我们要将身体献给神,当作活祭。而尤金.毕德生在其著作《信息》(译者按:这是一本采用现代英语意译的圣经)中,是这样描述的:「把你每天的生活 —— 睡觉、吃喝、工作,及一切活动 —— 交给神,当作献祭。」

与神亲近,需要一个降服神的心。我们必须愿意把生命的主权交给神,必须把我们的盼望、我们的渴求,以及我们的需要都交给神。我们必须学习如此说:「不要成就我的意思,只要成就你的意思」(路加福音22:42)。

要做到这一点,是需要神的恩典的。对我们大多数人来说,把绝对的主权交给神,是一生的挣扎,因为我们都喜欢自己作主。我们需要圣灵叫我们愿意向神委身,而这是我们真正经历神与我们亲近的唯一方法。所以,今天就求神施恩,叫你把主权交给祂吧。
祷告

主啊,求祢帮助我们把生命交给祢,又施恩给我们,叫我们知道,生命的重心不是在我们,而是在于祢和祢的旨意。求祢帮助我们每天的生活都能荣耀祢,阿们。.

昨天听讲道,讲到祷告时什么叫奉主耶稣基督的求,就是我所求的一切都是为了荣耀主的名,要让主的名得荣耀。神在永远里只有一个旨意,就是要荣耀他的儿子。

所以我们所做的一切都是要荣耀主名。.

1 Kings 19:1-9  
January - 10

WHERE IS GOD WHEN WE’RE DOWN?

Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. . . . He . . . prayed that he might die. 1 Kings 19:3-4

Some years ago I said in a sermon that more Chris¬tians struggle with depression than many of us realize. The next day someone called to tell me that I was wrong. "A real Christian won’t get depressed," he said. Isuggested he read 1 Kings 19 and Psalm 42.

The Bible makes clear that believers do struggle with depression, sometimes even to the point where they want to die. Elijah, who only a few days earlier had seen a great miracle from God on a mountaintop, reached a point where death seemed better than life. He cried out and prayed that God would let him die.

Depression can be real and frightening. A woman in her early twenties described her depression to me as be¬ing in a black hole from which she could not escape. Be¬cause of it she could not see a trace of God’s presence.

If you suffer from depression, read Psalm 42 and reread 1 Kings 19. Remember that God is where you are, even when you can’t sense his presence. Cry out to him. Ask him to send someone to offer you a lifeline. Ask a close friend to help you find a Christian counselor, and if you suffer from clinical depression, don’t be afraid to use medication, which can be a gift from God.

And if you have never suffered from depression, thank God and ask him to let you be his presence in the life of someone who can no longer find God.
PRAYER

Lord, you understand the anguish of people who are depressed. Reach out to them and give them a sign of your presence. Thank you for always being with us. In Jesus, Amen.

列王纪上   19:1-9
January - 10

当我落在忧郁深谷中,神在哪里?

「以利亚见这光景就起来逃命……就坐在那里求死……」 王上19:3-4

数年前,我在一篇讲道中谈到,患上忧郁症的基督徒,数目远比我们想象的多。翌日,有人致电给我,对我说我讲错了。他说「一个真正的基督徒是不会患忧郁症的。」于是,我建议他阅读列王纪上19章和诗篇42篇。

圣经清楚指出,信徒是会落在忧郁的深谷中,甚至有时达到寻死的地步。且看今日的经文,以利亚在数天前,才刚刚于山顶上看过神施行伟大的奇迹,但现在却感到生不如死。他放声哭喊,向神求死。

忧郁的深谷可以是那么真实和可怕。一位二十开外的女士向我描述她在其中的经历,就像身陷黑洞中,无法逃脱,压根儿看不见神的同在。

要是你正陷在忧郁的深谷中,请阅读诗篇42篇及再次阅读列王纪上19章。要谨记,即使你感受不到神的同在,祂依然在你身边。要向神呼求,求祂赐你一位可以给你一个救生索的朋友。要请你的好朋友帮助你寻找一位基督徒辅导员,要是你有抑郁症的临床症状,不要害怕服用药物,药物亦是神所赐的。

假如你从未经历过忧郁的深谷,要感谢神。求神让你成为祂的使者,去帮助那些在忧郁中而无力去寻找神的人。
祷告

主啊,祢明白在忧郁深谷中的人的痛苦。求祢触摸他们,叫他们感受到祢的同在,感谢祢常常与我们同在。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

Psalm 139:7-12  
January - 11

WHERE IS GOD WHEN WE HURT?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. Psalm 139:8

I was visiting someone whose close relative had taken her own life. "Was God there when it happened?" I was asked. "And could she be saved?"

As we were talking, the words of Psalm 139:8 came to mind. We opened our Bibles, and together we read the first part of Psalm 139, which says God is where we are, no matter what.

The God of the Bible, the God who has become our Father because of Jesus Christ, does not leave us, not even in our final desperate moments. Says David, "If I make my bed in the depths, you are there!" God is ¬present even in the darkest moments of our lives, also for those who have reached a point where death seems better than life. We must be careful not to draw unwarranted conclusions. Our God is a God of mercy and of grace. He understands when life becomes unbearable for his children.

Of course God wants us to live. He does not want us to take our own lives. According to John 10:10, Jesus came to give us full life. If you feel you have reached the end of your rope, cry out for help. God is there!

And if you have experienced the pain of losing someone who took his or her own life, be assured that God is present even in the depths of life. He has promised never to leave us.
PRAYER

Lord, please give your comfort to those who have lost someone they love. Assure them of your everlasting presence and love as well, for Jesus’ sake. In his name we pray. Amen.

诗篇   139:7-12
January - 11

当我们受伤时,神在哪里?

「我若升到天上,你在那里;我若在阴间下榻,你也在那里。」 诗139:8

我曾探访一个人,他有一位亲属自杀了,他问我:「当她要了断性命时,神在哪里?祂不可以伸手救她吗?」

在我们谈话之际,我的脑海中浮现了诗篇139篇第8节的经文,于是我们打开圣经,一同阅读诗篇139篇开头的内容,它提到不论发生任何事情,神都在我们身边。

圣经中的神,那位借着耶稣基督成为我们父亲的神,不会离开我们,即使在我们最绝望的时刻,也不会离开我们。大卫说:「我若在阴间下榻,你也在那里。」即使在我们面对人生最黑暗的时刻,神都与我们同在;对于感到生不如死的人,神亦与他们同在。因此,我们必须小心,不要妄下结论。我们的神,是有怜悯,有恩惠的神。当祂的儿女感到生无可恋时,祂完全明白。

神当然希望我们好好生活,不希望我们了断自己的生命。约翰福音10:10说,耶稣来,是要把丰盛的生命赐给我们。要是你感到穷途末路,向神求助吧,神在这里!要是你经历过挚爱亲朋自杀的伤痛,要相信,即使在阴间,神都在那里,祂应许永不离开我们。
祷告

主啊,求祢安慰那些痛失挚爱亲朋的人,保证他们感受到祢永远的同在和爱。祷告奉耶稣的名求,阿们。.

WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME?

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Pslm 139:16

Some years ago a young man on his way to the funeral of a family member was killed in a car accident. A local newspaper quoted a state trooper as saying that the young man had been in "the wrong place at the wrong time."

That comment raises an important question: Is the outcome of our lives in this new year just a matter of being at a certain place at a certain time? Is my life no more than a matter of chance or of making sure I don’t take the wrong turn?

Thank God that the outcome of my life is not determined by such things. Of course God does not want us to be careless or reckless. But when all is said and done, life is not a matter of chance, and whether I live or die this year is not determined by being in a certain place at a certain time.

According to Psalm 139:16, the number of my days is carefully determined by God himself. The Lord Jesus says that not even a sparrow falls "to the ground apart from the will of [our] Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:29-30).

With that assurance I can enter into a new year, travel when I have to, make plans, and do all sorts of things trusting that God is watching over me. God himself has determined the number of my days.
PRAYER

Thank you, Father, that you have set the number of our days. Help me to live in that assurance and to be faithful in using the time you have given me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

诗篇   139:13-18
January - 12

错误的地点和时间?

「你所定的日子,我尚未度一日,你都写在你的册上了。」 诗139:16

数年前,一位年青人在前往一个家人的丧礼途中,遇到交通意外而身亡。当地的报章引述一名警察的话,他认为这位年青人是在「错误的地点和时间」出现。

这番话带出了一个重要的问题:我们在这新一年的经历,是否只是由某些地点、某些时间交错而成?我的人生是否纯属偶然,而最要紧的是我要确保自己不出错?

感谢神,我的人生不是取决于偶然。当然,神不希望我们粗心大意或鲁莽行事。但事实告诉我们人生的结果并不是偶然的。至于我今年能否安然度过,并非取决于恰巧是某个地点或时间。

诗篇139:16说,我一生的年日是由神亲自数算的。主耶稣说,即使是麻雀,「若是〔我们〕的父不许,一个也不能掉在地上;就是你们的头发也都被数过了」(马太福音10:29-30)。

有了这个确据,我便能安然进入新的一年。或是旅游、公干,或是订立计划,或是作各样事情,我都相信神看顾我,祂亲自数算我在世的年日。
祷告

父亲,感谢祢,因祢已定下我们在世的年日。求祢帮助我活在这确据中,并且忠心运用祢赐给我的时间。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

Deuteronomy 6:4-12  
January - 13

GOD’S PRESENCE THROUGH PARENTS

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

A recent newspaper article carried a picture of a one-year-old praying in a high chair with eyes closed and hands folded in front of her face. The caption below the picture said that her dad used to hold her on his lap, read the Bible, and say, "Time to pray." Now she won’t eat unless they’ve prayed.

Of course. This is God’s promise to parents: Train up children in the way they should go, and when they have grown they will not turn from it. Commenting on the fifth commandment (about honoring father and mother), Lewis Smedes says that parents are "God’s storytellers." God shows his presence through believing parents, and it’s up to parents to make sure that children sense the presence of the Lord.

Some parents try to give their children the best things money can buy while neglecting to bring them into a relationship with Jesus. Billy Graham once told a story of a teenage girl who was in a fatal car accident. As she lay dying, she whispered to her mother, "Mother, you taught me everything. You taught me how to smoke and how to drink, but you never taught me how to die. Mother, teach me quickly, because I’m dying."

It’s up to parents to train their children so that they learn to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, and strength. It’s the greatest gift we can give them.
PRAYER

Lord, make us parents and grandparents faithful in training our children in your way. Help us to show them your presence. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

申命记   6:4-12
January - 13

神借着父母与我们同在

「教养孩童,使他走当行的道,就是到老他也不偏离。」 箴22:6

近日,一份报章刊登了一幅图片。图片是一个一岁大的小女孩,坐在一张高椅上祷告,双目紧闭,双手合拢放在自己面前。图片下有一小段文字说明,她的父亲习惯把她抱在膝上读圣经,然后说:「好,是时候祷告了。」现在,她一定要大家祷告完后,才肯进食。

当然嘛!这是神赐给父母的应许:教养孩童,使他走当行的道,就是到老他也不偏离。Lewis Smedes在谈到十诫中的第五诫(要孝敬父母)时,表示父母是「为神说故事的人」。神借着基督徒父母彰显祂的同在,而这些父母便有责任确保孩子们感受到主的同在。

有些父母竭力用金钱买最好的东西给儿女,却没有帮助他们与耶稣建立关系。葛培理牧师有一次分享了一个故事,是一个少女在交通意外中死亡的故事。在奄奄一息,躺在地上气若柔丝的她对母亲说:「妈,你教晓我一切,包括如何抽烟,如何喝酒,可就是没有教我如何死。赶快教我吧,我快要死了。」

父母有责任教养儿女,好让他们学会尽心尽力去爱主,这是我们可以给他们最大的礼物。
祷告

主啊,求祢叫我们作为父母及祖父母的,能够忠心地按祢的方法教养儿孙,又帮助我们让他们看见祢的同在。祷告奉耶稣的名求,阿们。.

Psalm 46  
January - 14

GOD IN THE MIDST OF DISASTER

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

The book America Out of the Ashes, written after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, asks the question, "Where was God?" Millions of people asked the same question after the tsunami disaster that devastated parts of southern Asia on December 26, 2004. Where is God when nations are torn apart by civil war, when disaster seems to strike at random, when children die of AIDS or hunger or poverty every single day?

Psalm 46 gives the answer. God is right where he says he is: "ever-present" with us. Sure, "nations are in up¬roar," the earth gives way, "waters roar and foam," and "mountains quake" even today. But in spite of all that happens, "the LORD Almighty is with us."

God never intended for his creation to be ravaged by disaster. We don’t know why he allows it. But one thing we know: God is in control. The writer William Faulk¬ner had it wrong when, in his Requiem for a Nun, he said that after creating everything, God lost control.

In response to the question about where God was on 9/11, or when a tsunami or earthquake strikes, or when war breaks out and brings so much suffering, we can answer with Psalm 46: "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble"!

Pray for eyes of faith to see God’s presence even in times of disaster.
PRAYER

Lord, sometimes it’s hard for us to see you. Help us to sense your presence and see how you care for us even when things seem to be falling apart. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

诗篇   46
January - 14

神在灾难中

「神是我们的避难所,是我们的力量,是我们在患难中随时的帮助。」 诗46:1

一部于二零零一年九月十一日美国受到恐怖袭击之后写成的书America Out of the Ashes(意译:《走出灰烬的美国》),提出了一个问题:「神在哪里?」二零零四年十二月二十六日,当海啸导致部分南亚地区生灵涂炭后,亦有数以百万人提出同样问题。当内战造成国家分裂;天灾横祸骤然发生;每天有无数小孩子死于爱滋病、饥荒或贫穷时,神在哪里?

诗篇46篇提供了答案,神说:祂「随时」与我们同在。不错,即使「列国动摇」、「地虽改变」、「水虽匉訇翻腾」、「山虽因海涨而战抖」的情况今天仍然存在,但「万军之耶和华与我们同在」。

神绝对无意叫祂所造之物遭受灾祸蹂躏,我们不知道祂为何容许这些事情发生,但有一样事情是我们知道的:神在掌管!William Faulkner在其著作《修女安魂曲》中说,神创造万物后便失却控制,这个说法是大错特错的。

有人因为九一一事件、海啸、地震,又或战争爆发造成严重灾害而问神在哪里时,我们可以用诗篇46篇来回应:「神是我们的避难所,是我们的力量,是我们在患难中随时的帮助」!

求神赐我们信心的眼睛,叫我们即使在灾难中,仍能看见祂的同在。
祷告

主啊,我们有时难以看见祢。求祢帮助我们感受到祢的同在,即使逆境当前,仍知道祢顾念我们。祷告奉耶稣的名求,阿们。.

Jeremiah 29:11-13  
January - 15

GOD’S PRESENCE IN OUR PLANS

"I know the plans I have for you . . . plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Some years ago the well-known author James Miche¬ner wrote a book called The Drifters. It’s a story about young students traveling aimlessly through Asia and Europe, drifting from one day into the next, without plan or purpose.

Lots of people today are drifters too. Even if you have everything life has to offer, you can feel unfulfilled and without purpose, drifting from one day to the next.

Or maybe you feel as if you’ve been cut adrift. For example, maybe you’ve lost your job and you don’t see much of a future. Or maybe you’ve lost your spouse through death or divorce, and you feel as if you’ve reached the end of the road. Or maybe you just retired and you feel as if you’ve been put on a shelf. Or perhaps you’re permanently disabled and you’re not sure how you can go on.

If you’re feeling adrift for one reason or another, take heart from God’s words to us through Jeremiah: "I know the plans I have for you . . . plans to prosper you and . . . to give you hope and a future."

God does not want us to drift through life. He has a purpose and plan for each one of us. Whoever you are, ask yourself, "What does God have in mind for me? And how does God want to use me today so I can have hope and a future?"
PRAYER

Thank you, Lord, for your promise to give us hope and a future. Help us to see your purpose for us and to take comfort in you each day of this new year. In Jesus, Amen.

耶利米书   29:11-13
January - 15

神在我们的意念中

「我知道我向你们所怀的意念……要叫你们末后有指望。」 耶29:11

数年前,名作家 James Michener写了一部小说,名为《流浪者》。这个故事是讲述数名年青学生漫无目的地浪迹亚洲和欧洲的经历。他们毫无计划,毫无目的,日复一日地过着流浪者的生活。

其实,今天也有许多人是流浪者。尽管你一无所缺,仍会感到不满足,毫无目的,只是日复一日地过着流浪者的生活。

或者,你会感到漂泊无依,例如,失业令你感到前路茫茫;又或者,你已丧偶或离婚,感到自己走到了人生的尽头;又或者你刚刚退休,感到自己被投闲置散,无人理会;又或者,你终身残疾,不知道如何生存下去。

要是你因为某些原因感到漂泊无依,请谨记神借着耶利米对我们所说的话:「我知道我向你们所怀的意念是赐平安的意念,不是降灾祸的意念,要叫你们末后有指望。」

神不希望我们的人生漂泊无依,祂对我们每一个人都有一个旨意和计划。不管你是谁,都要问自己:「神对我有甚么计划?神今天要怎样使用我,好叫我末后有指望?」
祷告

主啊,感谢祢,因为祢应许我们末后有指望。求祢帮助我们明白祢对我们的旨意,在这新的一年当中,每天都在祢里面得着安慰。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

Proverbs 3:1-7  
January - 16

HOW CAN WE KNOW GOD’S WILL?

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

During the Second World War an elderly man was arrested for hiding Jews in his home. Because of his age his captors were willing to release him if he would promise never again to hide anyone. This was his answer: "There is no safety outside of God’s will." He was convinced that placing himself outside of God’s will was far more dangerous than facing death at the hands of Hitler’s Nazis.

As we begin a new year, we need to know that the most dangerous place in life is outside of God’s will. But how can we know God’s will? How do we know what God wants for us this year? How can we know if God approves of our choices? How can we know what God has in mind for us at this time in our lives?

We have to learn to listen carefully as God speaks to us through the Bible. God does not tell us whom to marry, but he does tell us we are to marry in the Lord. God does not spell out what job to choose, when to retire, or how to invest, but God does tell us we are his stewards. God makes his will known through open and closed doors and through many of the circumstances in our lives. He wants us to look closely at the opportunities we have and the gifts he has given us.

As we make our choices, we do well to remember that there is no safety outside of God’s will.
PRAYER

Lord God, help us to acknowledge you in all our ways. Show us your will, and make us willing to live your way. Give us faith to trust in you and wisdom to serve you. Amen. Lord God, help us to acknowledge you in all our ways. Show us your will, and make us willing to live your way. Give us faith to trust in you and wisdom to serve you. Amen.

箴言   3:1-7
January - 16

如何明白神的旨意?

「在你一切所行的事上都要认定他,他必指引你的路。」 箴3:6

在第二次世界大战期间,一位老年人因为在家中匿藏犹太人而被捕。由于他年纪老迈,只要他答应不再匿藏任何人,捉拿他的人愿意释放他。可是他竟然这样回答:「若违背神的旨意,我便没有真正的平安。」他深信违背神的旨意,比落在希特勒的纳税党人手中被处死更可怕。

踏入新的一年,我们要知道,人生最危险的地方,就是违背神的旨意。但是,我们如何能够明白神的旨意?我们怎知道神今年对我们有甚么要求?我们怎知道神是否喜悦我们的决定?我们怎知道在这个人生阶段,神对我们有甚么计划?

当神通过圣经对我们说话,我们必须学习细心聆听。神没有告诉我们应当和谁人结婚,但祂却告诉我们,要和在主里的人共谐连理。神没有告诉我们当选择甚么工作,何时退休,或如何投资,但神却告诉我们,我们是祂的管家。神通过可行或不可行的方法,以及我们面对的各种遭遇来显明祂的旨意。祂希望我们认清机会和祂给我们的恩赐。

当我们作决定时,要谨记,违背神的旨意便没有平安。
祷告

主神啊,求祢帮助我们在一切所行的事上都认定祢。求祢向我们显明祢的旨意,叫我们愿意遵行祢的道。求祢赐我们信心去信靠祢,赐我们智慧去服侍祢。阿们。.

Jeremiah 31:31-34  
January - 17

DOES GOD FORGET?

"I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." Jeremiah 31:34

"Will God accept me when I die?" A member of our congregation asked me this question shortly before she died. Her past was catching up with her, and she was afraid that God would refuse to have anything to do with her. All through her life she’d been taught that God forgives, but now that she’d reached the end of her life, she wasn’t sure.

Some Christians struggle with that question. They live in fear that because of their sins God won’t be there for them. Through the prophet Jeremiah, God assures each one of us that he does far more than forgive: God even forgets our sins. God declares, "I will . . . remember their sins no more."

Through the covenant God has made with his people, God vows to forget our sins. He will not allow our sins to separate us from him. That’s the good news throughout the Bible. Isaiah 1:18 says that even though our sins may be like scarlet, they will be as white as snow. And Romans 8:1 says, "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

That’s the reason we don’t have to look back over our shoulders, afraid that our past will catch up with us. That’s why we can be sure God will accept us when we stand before his judgment seat. God promises, for Jesus’ sake, to remember our sins no more!
PRAYER

Lord, we thank you for your forgiveness and the promise that you will not hold our sins against us. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for giving your life to set us free. In your name, Amen.

耶利米书   31:31-34
January - 17

神会否忘记?

「我要赦免他们的罪孽,不再记念他们的罪恶。」 耶31:34

一位会友在她临终前问了我一个问题:「当我离世时,神会接纳我吗?」一幕幕往事涌现在她眼前,她恐怕神不会接纳她。在她的一生中,她一直知道神赦免人,但走到人生的尽头时,她却不能百分百肯定。

有些基督徒也会在这个问题上挣扎,他们活在恐惧中,恐怕神会因为他们的罪而不顾念他们。神借着先知耶利米向我们每一个人保证:神不但赦免我们,祂甚至忘记我们的罪恶。神宣称:「我……不再记念他们的罪恶。」

神通过和祂的子民所立的约,誓要忘记我们的罪恶。祂不会让罪使我们与祂隔离,而这就是整本圣经要传达的好信息。以赛亚书1:18说,我们的罪虽像朱红,必变成雪白。罗马书8章1节说:「如今,那些在基督耶稣里的就不定罪了。」

正因如此,我们无须回顾过去,唯恐被往事拖累。所以,我们可以肯定,当我们站在神的审判台前,祂必会接纳我们。神应许,因耶稣的缘故,不再记念我们的罪恶!
祷告

主啊,感谢祢赦免我们,并应许不会追讨我们的罪。主耶稣,感谢祢为我们舍命,使我们得自由。奉祢之名,阿们。.

Malachi 3:6-12  
January - 18

GOD’S PRESENCE THROUGH OBEDIENCE

"Test me in this . . . and see if I will not . . . pour out so much blessing . . . ." Malachi 3:10

God’s people living in the days of Malachi were in for a surprise. They felt that God had left them, but they could not understand why. The prophet Malachi ex¬plained: God had turned his back on them because they were stealing from God by withholding their resources.

Some of God’s people living today wonder why they don’t experience God’s presence and closeness. Some wonder why God does not seem to bless them the way he has promised.

The answer may be found in Malachi 3. Perhaps they have been stealing from God by refusing to return to God a small part of what he has entrusted to them.

Some people feel that the church has no business talking about money. Some people think that whether or not we give back to God has nothing to do with our relationship with God.

The Bible tells us, however, that the way we use our money and resources has everything to do with our relationship to God. By refusing to give back to God from what he first gives us, we push God out of our lives, and we deprive ourselves of some of the greatest blessings God has in store.

Let’s make sure we return to God by giving back from all he has given. And God will "pour out so much blessing that [we] will not have room enough for it."
PRAYER

Father in heaven, help us to be good stewards this year. Keep us from taking what belongs to you. Help us give faithfully for the work of your kingdom. In Jesus, Amen.

玛拉基书   3:6-12
January - 18

在顺服中经历神的同在

「以此试试我,是否为你们敞开天上的窗户,倾福与你们,甚至无处可容。」 玛3:10

活在玛拉基时代的神的子民大为吃惊,他们感到神离开了他们,但却不知道是甚么原因。于是,先知玛拉基向他们解释:神离弃他们,是因为他们抓紧自己的财物不放,这等同窃取从神而来之物。

今天,有好些神的子民不明白,为何他们感受不到神的同在和亲近。有些人奇怪,为何神好像没有照祂所应许的,赐福与他们。

答案可在玛拉基书第3章找到,原因可能是他们窃取了从神而来之物,不肯把神托付给他们的一小部分归还给神。

有些人认为,教会不应该谈及金钱问题。他们认为,是否把金钱归还给神,不会影响我们和神的关系。

然而,圣经告诉我们,我们运用金钱和财物的方法,绝对影响我们和神的关系。我们不肯把神给我们的东西归还给祂,便是把神逐出我们的生命中,到头来只会令自己错失了神为我们预备的上好福分。

让我们确定,我们对神赐给我们的一切给予回报,而神必会「倾福与〔我们〕,甚至无处可容。」
祷告

天父,求祢帮助我们在今年作一个好管家,叫我们不擅取属于祢的东西,帮助我们乐意为天国的事工付出。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

Luke 10:38-42  
January - 19

WHAT KEEPS US FROM SEEING GOD?

"Martha . . . you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed." Luke 10:41-42

"If all the rubbish in my soul were cleared away, I would see God." That line from a poem says it all. Things clutter up our lives. Life is busy; we have appointments to keep, e-mails to send, meetings to go to, parties to plan, kids to pick up. And if we don’t do these things, who will? Sometimes it’s all up to us.

In the busyness of life, however, we sometimes fail to see God. That’s what happened to Martha. Of course she knew that Jesus was right there in her house. That’s the reason she was so busy. She wanted the best for him. But in all her "fussing," she failed to see that sitting in her family room was God himself, speaking to them. So she missed out on what was most important. This is how The Message puts it: "Martha, dear Martha, you’re fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing."

It happens all the time. And we excuse ourselves by saying that if we don’t do it right now, it won’t get done. But in the process we sometimes walk right by our Lord without even noticing.

Don’t let it happen to you this year. Make a list of your priorities. Make some changes in your schedules. Don’t get yourself worked up over nothing. Only one thing really matters: To live life in the presence of the Lord each day, seeing his work and listening to him.
PRAYER

Father in heaven, help us to keep our priorities straight, and keep us from getting worked up over nothing. Help us to focus on you and how we can live for you. In Jesus, Amen.

路加福音   10:38-42
January - 19

是甚么令我们看不见神?

「马大!马大!你为许多的事思虑烦扰,但是不可少的只有一件。」 路10:41-42

「假若我心灵里的垃圾都扫除净尽,便能看见神。」这诗句可谓对以上问题一语道破。我们的生活被许多事情弄得一团糟:赴约、发电邮、开会、筹备派对、接孩子放学,总是忙个不停。当然啦,要是我们不作这些事,谁会替我作呢?不过,有时一切都是取决于我们自己。

在忙碌的生活中,我们有时会看不见神,这正是马大的写照。她当然知道耶稣就在她的家中,而这正是她那么忙碌的原因,因为她希望为祂预备最好的。可是,在她「手忙脚乱」之际,却看不见神就坐在她的房间里,正在和她们说话,她错过了最重要的东西,意译本圣经《信息》是这样描述的:「马大啊马大,你太过忙碌了。为着这些事而忙成这个样子,是不值得的。」

这种情况经常发生,而我们给自己的借口是,若我们现在不马上办妥这事,便没法完成它。可是,在这个过程中,即使主与我们同行,我们也会视而不见。

今年可不要让这种事情发生。把你要处理的事情按优先次序列出来,然后稍微改动一下你的计划。总之,别令自己到最后徒劳无功,因为只有一件事是真正重要的:每天的生活都与主同在,看见祂的工作,聆听祂的话语。
祷告

天父,求祢帮助我们按优先次序办事,免得我们最后徒劳无功。求祢帮助我们专注在祢身上,教导我们如何为祢而活。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

John 14:15-21  
January - 20

HOW CAN WE FEEL GOD’S PRESENCE?

"I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever . . . ." John 14:16

Jesus’ disciples were upset. For three years they had been with Jesus. They had walked with him and talked with him. And now he was about to leave.

How could they possibly go on without him? How could they face the challenges of life without his daily presence?

In his farewell address the Lord Jesus put the disciples’ minds at ease. He told them that his returning to the Father was for their good (John 16:7). He promised to send the Holy Spirit, who would live in them and teach them about living for God. And through the Spirit they’d be able to enjoy God’s presence always.

Through the Holy Spirit you and I can experience God’s presence every moment of the day. All we have to do is ask. As Jesus says in Luke 11:13, "If you . . . know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

The most important prayer we can pray each day is to ask for the all-powerful presence and guidance of the Holy Spirit. When we have the Holy Spirit guiding us each day, we will not only experience God’s presence in our own lives, but we’ll also be able to show God’s presence to others as we live God’s way, displaying the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
PRAYER

Lord God, please fill us with your Holy Spirit and help us to show in our lives the fruit of the Spirit. We ask all this for Jesus’ sake and in his name. Amen.

約翰福音   14:15-21
January - 20

如何感受神的同在?

「我要求父,父就另外赐给你们一位保惠师,叫他永远与你们同在。」 约14:16

耶稣的门徒心里烦乱,他们已经和耶稣一起三年了,一直和祂同行,与祂谈话,现在祂却快要离开他们去了。

失去了祂,他们怎样生活下去呢?没有祂每天的同在,他们如何面对人生的种种挑战?

幸好主耶稣的临别赠言,令门徒如释重负。祂告诉他们,祂回去父那里,是与他们有益的(约翰福音16:7)。祂应许差派圣灵住在他们中间,教导他们如何为神而活。他们可以借着圣灵,享受神永远的同在。

你和我可以借着圣灵,每时每刻经历神的同在,而我们只需要向祂求。正如耶稣在路加福音11:13所说:「你们……尚且知道拿好东西给儿女;何况天父,岂不更将圣灵给求他的人吗?」

我们每天最重要的祷告,是祈求圣灵的同在和引导。有圣灵每天引导我们,我们不但能在生命中经历神的同在,也能活出神的道和结出圣灵的果子(加拉太书5:22-23),藉此向人表明神的同在。
祷告

主神啊,求祢叫圣灵充满我们,帮助我们在生活上结出圣灵的果子。我们奉耶稣之名而求,阿们。.

Romans 8:18-27  
January - 21

WHEN YOU CAN’T PRAY

We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us . . . . Romans 8:26

"Pray continually," says Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:17. And James 5:16 reminds us that the prayer of a righ¬teous person "is powerful and effective." Most of us be¬lieve this, but what if you have reached a point in your life when you can’t pray?

Some of the Christians I’ve met have told me that at times they could not pray. Sometimes people simply have no energy to pray. Sometimes life deals people such a blow that they can’t even talk, much less pray. Some¬times there’s too much pain, or a person’s depression is too deep. Sometimes praying seems impossible.

Thank God that he is with us even when we cannot pray. In those dark moments we can trust that Someone else is praying for us. As Paul says, "We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." The Holy Spirit who knows what’s going on in our lives takes over for us.

Because Jesus became one of us, we can also be assured that we have a great High Priest who knows what our lives are like, and he sympathizes with us in our weaknesses (Hebrews 4:15). Even in our most desperate moments God has us covered. If you meet someone today who cannot pray, pray for that person and assure him or her of the Holy Spirit’s presence and prayers.
PRAYER

Lord, thank you that the Holy Spirit prays for us, helping us in our weakness. Thank you that the Spirit knows our hearts and minds through the work of Jesus. Amen.

罗马书   8:18-27
January - 21

当你不能祷告

「我们本不晓得当怎样祷告,只是圣灵亲自用说不出来的叹息替我们祷告。」 罗8:26

保罗在帖撒罗尼迦前书5:17说:「不住的祷告」,而雅各书5:16亦提醒我们,义人的祷告「是大有功效的」。这是我们大多数人都相信的,但万一你无法祷告时,怎么办呢?

我认识一些基督徒,他们告诉我,有时候他们无法祷告。有时是因为提不起劲;有时是因为生活带来的打击太沉重了,以致自己话也不想说,更遑论祷告;有时,是因为经历无比的创痛,又或落在忧郁的深谷中;有时,祷告是连半句话也说不出呢!

感谢神,即使我们无法祷告,神依然和我们同在。在那些黑暗的日子,我们仍可相信,「有人」正为我们祷告。正如保罗所说:「我们本不晓得当怎样祷告,只是圣灵亲自用说不出来的叹息替我们祷告。」那位知道我们生活中所发生的事情的圣灵,会为我们祷告。

由于耶稣曾经降世为人,我们可以确信,我们有一位伟大的大祭司,祂知道我们的人生是怎样的一回事,祂更能体恤我们的软弱(希伯来书4:15)。即使在穷途末路的时候,神依然眷顾我们。假如你今天遇见无法祷告的人,你要为他祷告,并向他保证,圣灵必与他同在,也会为他祷告。
祷告

主啊,感谢祢,因为圣灵为我们祷告,在我们软弱的时候帮助我们。感谢祢,因为圣灵借着耶稣的作为,洞悉我们的心思意念。阿们。.

Psalm 139:13-16  
January - 22

GOD’S PRESENCE BEFORE BIRTH

You created my inmost being; you knit me to¬gether in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13

In 1973 the United States Supreme Court made what has been called a "landmark decision" by legalizing "abortion on demand." Since then millions of unborn babies have been put to death legally, some through the cruel method of so-called partial-birth abortion.

Some people have defended this as no more than the removal of bodily tissue, but the Bible calls it murder. Between the moment of conception and the time of birth, according to Psalm 139, God’s own hand is busy shaping and molding a new human life. Says the psalmist, "My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. . . . Your eyes saw my un¬formed body." And God himself told Jeremiah, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you . . ." (Jeremiah 1:5). God is present even before we are born!

Abortion is a defiant act of interfering with God’s creative work. It’s a human attempt to push away God’s hand. It tells God, "You’re not wanted." Abortion is a sin we must stop.

If you’re thinking about having an abortion, consider keeping your child or giving your child to people who are eager to adopt. Abortion always leaves an emotional scar. And when we talk to someone who has had an abortion, we have to lead them to repentance, assuring them that God forgives even the sin of abortion.
PRAYER

Lord, help us as a nation to repent of the sin of abortion, and help us as your children to guard and celebrate the sanctity of life. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

诗篇   139:13-16
January - 22

在我们出生前,神已经与我们同在

「我的肺腑是你所造的;我在母腹中,你已覆庇我。」 诗139:13

一九七三年,美国高等法院作出了一个「划时代的决议」,就是裁定「自愿堕胎」合法化。自此以后,数以百万计未出生的婴儿被合法地夺取了性命,有些更是透过残忍的部分分娩堕胎法而断送性命的。

某些维护这种做法的人,认为这不过是从身体上切除某些组织。然而,圣经却称这种行为为谋杀。根据诗篇139篇,母亲由怀孕一刻直至分娩,神的手便一直不停地塑造一个新的生命。诗人说:「我在暗中受造……那时,我的形体并不向你隐藏。」还有,神亲自告诉耶利米:「我未将你造在腹中,我已晓得你……」(耶利米书1:5),原来在我们出生前,神已经与我们同在!

堕胎是干预神创造的叛逆行为,是人企图推开神的手,对神说:「我不需要祢。」堕胎是我们必须停止的罪行。

假如你正在考虑堕胎,不妨考虑保住你的胎儿,或者把他送给希望收养儿女的人。堕胎必定会造成情感上的疮疤,当我们与曾经堕胎的人倾谈时,我们必须引导他们悔改,并向他们保证,即使他们曾经堕胎,神依然会赦免他们。
祷告

主啊,求祢帮助我们的国家为堕胎的罪悔改,又帮助我们作为祢儿女的,努力捍卫和赞美生命的尊严和神圣。祷告奉耶稣的名求,阿们。.

Matthew 18:10-14  
January - 23

GOD’S LOVE FOR HUMAN LIFE

Your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost. Matthew 18:14

One Sunday afternoon after I had preached a message on abortion, I found a letter on my desk. It was written by a Detroit police officer who had been in our church that morning. He wrote, "I was disappointed by your sermon this morning. I thought your time and that of your church could have been used more profitably. Don’t abuse my time telling me that abortion is wrong. Instead, talk to me about alternatives and what you are doing to promote them."

I kept his letter, and I have quoted from it often. Of course we have to speak out against abortion. But how active are we in doing something about it? In what ways have we helped a single mother who is faced with an unwanted pregnancy? How much do we support agencies that provide alternatives? How many of us try to become foster parents or even consider adopting a child instead of having one more of "our own"?

What are we doing to provide alternatives?

What share of our income do we set aside to care for one of the little ones Jesus talks about in Matthew 18? How much of our church budget goes to support agencies that are not satisfied with merely speaking out against abortion?

Ask God to help you find a way to keep even "one of these little ones" from being lost.
PRAYER

Father in heaven, open our eyes to the needs of your little ones. Keep us from merely pointing out what is wrong, and motivate us to act, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

马太福音   18:10-14
January - 23

神爱人的生命

「你们在天上的父也是这样,不愿意这小子里失丧一个。」 太18:14

一个主日的下午,我讲完了一篇有关堕胎的道后,发现我的桌子上摆放了一封信,这封信是底特律市的一个警察所写的,他在当天上午参加了我们的聚会。他在信中说:「我对你今天早上讲的道,感到很失望。我想你和你的教会,不如把时间用在更有意义的事上吧。别浪费我的时间来告诉我堕胎是错误的,不如告诉我有甚么更好的方法,及你们如何推广这些方法。」

我不但保留了这封信,而且经常引述它。我们固然要宣讲反对堕胎的立场,但我们在这方面有甚么积极的行动?我们如何帮助单亲母亲面对意外的怀孕事件?我们对提供其它方法的机构,给予多少支援?我们当中,有多少人会考虑成为寄养父母,甚至考虑收养别人的儿女,而不再有自己的「骨肉」?

我们提供了甚么其它方法?

我们从收入中,拨出多少来照顾耶稣在马太福音第18章提到的小孩子?我们从教会的财政中,拨出多少来支援那些不仅用说话,而且还用实际行动来反对堕胎的机构?

求神帮助你找到一个方法,防止「这小子里」失丧一个。
祷告

天父,求祢开我们的眼睛,让我们看见祢的小子的需要,叫我们不是单单指出错误,更催促我们有所行动。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

Matthew 18:1-6  
January - 24

WELCOMING JESUS THROUGH ADOPTION

"Whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me." Matthew 18:5

While I’ve been writing these devotions, my wife and I have been eagerly looking forward to joining our daughter and her husband as they go and pick up their adopted daughter in Korea. It’s been a slow, costly process, and there are lots of unanswered questions.

Especially in the past some people looked at adoption with a lot of skepticism. Others rejected any notion of adopting, choosing instead to remain childless. Still others considered adoption as a last resort. And some children who have been adopted have lived with resentment, because they are treated as second-rate.

But adoption is not second-rate! According to the Bible, each one of us has been adopted. Ephesians 1 and Romans 8 tell us clearly that through the honor of adoption you and I have become part of God’s family. Any¬one who puts down or thinks little of adoption needs to be reminded that God loves us so much that he wants to adopt us all.

Matthew 18 tells us that each time we welcome a child in Jesus’ name, we welcome him. Parents and families who have opened their hearts and homes through adoption have welcomed the Lord Jesus into their homes.

Thank God today for your adopted children and grandchildren. Thank God for adoptive parents. Thank God also for adopting us as his own children!
PRAYER

Father, thank you for adopting us as your children. Thank you for adoptive parents and adopted children. Help us all to welcome you into our hearts. In Jesus, Amen.

马太福音   18:1-6
January - 24

通过收养小孩来接待耶稣

「凡为我的名接待一个像这小孩子的,就是接待我。」 太18:5

在我撰写这些灵修篇章期间,内子和我都热切期待与我们的女儿和女婿一同起程,把他们在韩国收养的女儿接回家。这个过程既漫长又昂贵,当中还有许多问题尚未解决。

过往,有些人对收养儿女抱着怀疑的目光。有些人对收养儿女的做法一概不接受,宁愿选择无儿无女;亦有一些人认为收养儿女是他们无计可施之下的最后选择。有些被收养的小孩子,一直生活在怨恨中,因为他们得到次等的对待。

可是,被收养的儿女绝非次等的!据圣经所说,我们每一个人都是被收养的。以弗所书第1章和罗马书第8章清楚告诉我们,你和我都是蒙神收纳,才能成为神的家庭的一分子。所以,任何人若轻视被收养的儿女,不要忘记,神爱我们,以致要把我们一一收养,成为祂的儿女。

马太福音18章告诉我们,凡我们奉耶稣的名接待一个小孩子,便是接待祂。故此,已经开放自己的心门和家门来收养儿女的父母和家庭,是已经接待主耶稣进入他们的家了。

今天要为你所收养的儿孙感谢神,要为作养父养母的人感谢神,又要感谢神,把我们收纳为祂自己的儿女!
祷告

父神啊,感谢祢收纳我们作祢的儿女。我们又为作养父养母的人,以及被收养的儿女感谢祢。求祢帮助我们所有人都接待祢进入我们的心。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

Matthew 25:31-40  
January - 25

GOD’S PRESENCE IN POVERTY

"Whatever you did for one of the least of these . . . you did for me." Matthew 25:40

Back in March 2005, Time magazine featured an article on "How to End Poverty." Inside were pictures of children sleeping on city streets and of a woman scavenging for food on a huge pile of garbage. According to the article, more than 20,000 people die each day because they are too poor to stay alive. At least 1.1 billion people in our world live in extreme poverty.

After rereading that article the other day, I turned to Matthew 25, where Jesus says that the nameless millions who die each year represent him. He says, "I tell you the truth, whatever you [do] for one the least of these brothers [and sisters] of mine, you [do] for me." Jesus himself comes to us in these poor billions. He expects us to care, to help.

What can we do? We can acquaint ourselves with some of the realities of poverty. We can find out about shelters in our immediate communities. We can set aside a part of our income to give for those who are poor. We can find a trusted organization to send donations. We can designate a part of our church budget to help the poor. Caring for the poor is not an option. As families and as churches, we may have to adjust our priorities. Someday Jesus will ask us, "Did you see me as you looked into the eyes of these brothers and sisters of mine? And what did you do for them?"
PRAYER

Lord, forgive us if we have been living in abundance but have failed to reach out to poor people. Help us to see you in people who are in need. For your name’s sake, O Lord, Amen.

马太福音   25:31-40
January - 25

神与贫穷的人同在

「这些事你们既做在我这弟兄中一个最小的身上,就是做在我身上了。」 太25:40

二零零五年三月,时代杂志刊登了一篇题为「如何终止贫穷」的文章,当中的照片有睡在大街上的小孩,还有在垃圾堆中寻找食物的妇人。据该篇文章所载,每天有超过二万人死于贫穷,而世界上最少有一一亿人生活在赤贫中。

我在翌日再次阅读该篇文章后,翻开了马太福音第25章,耶稣在那里说,每年有许许多多不知名的人去世,他们都代表了祂。祂说:「我实在告诉你们,这些事你们既做在我这弟兄〔和姊妹〕中一个最小的身上,就是做在我身上了。」耶稣借着这些贫苦大众来到我们中间,祂期望我们关顾他们,帮助他们。

既是这样,我们可以作甚么呢?我们可以去了解这些生活在贫穷中的人的实际情况,可以在我们就近的社区为他们寻找栖身之所,可以从收入中拨出部分金钱捐助他们,可以把金钱捐赠可靠的机构,可以从教会的财政中拨出指定的数目来帮助他们。关顾穷人是我们的责任而不是一个选择,不论是家庭,或是教会,我们或许有必要调整我们的优先次序。有一天,耶稣会问我们:「当你看见这些弟兄和姊妹,可有看见我?你为他们作了甚么?」
祷告

主啊,要是我们生活富足,却没有帮助贫穷的人,求祢赦免我们,帮助我们在生活贫乏的人当中看见祢。主啊,奉祢的名求,阿们。.

Proverbs 16:1-9  
January - 26

THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME!

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Last spring a woman named Ashley Smith seemed to find herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Early one morning she went to a nearby convenience store. When she returned, an escaped convict, who had shot and killed four people during his escape, took her hostage and held her in her apartment for about nine hours. He tied her up and threatened to kill her unless she did what he said.

But instead of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, she was exactly where God wanted her to be. While most of us might panic, she began to talk to the man who was holding her hostage. She read to him from the best-selling book The Purpose-Driven Life, and slowly but surely something happened in the criminal’s heart. A secular magazine called it "an encounter with God." The convict himself called her "God’s angel, placed there by God himself." God had directed her steps that morning so that Ashley could become God’s presence in the life of someone who had reached the end of the road.

We might plan our course, but it is God who determines our steps. Remember this as you stand next to a stranger in the store today, or sit next to a stranger on a train or airplane. God has a way of getting us into the right place at the right time.
PRAYER

Lord, give us the grace to understand that you are the one who directs our every step. Help us to make the most of every opportunity. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

箴言   16:1-9
January - 26

适当的地点和时间!

「人心筹算自己的道路;惟耶和华指引他的脚步。」 箴16:9

去年春天,一位名为Ashley Smith的女子似乎在错误的地点和时间出现。在一个大清早,她前往附近的便利店后,在回家途中被一名逃犯胁持作人质,这名罪犯在逃狱期间已开枪射杀了四人,他在她的住所内胁持着她达九小时之久。他把她捆绑起来,又威胁她,除非她照他的说话行,否则便没命。

其实,她不但没有在错误的地点和时间出现,反而正是身处神要她所在的地方。面对这种情况,我们大部分人都会惊惶失措,但她却开始和胁持她的男人说话,她把畅销书《标竿人生》的内容读给他听,这个罪犯的内心渐渐有了一些改变,一本坊间的杂志称这个改变为「与神相遇」的时刻。这个罪犯形容她是「神亲自预备在这里的天使。」那天早上,是神带领她的脚步,好让她成为神的使者,进入一个走投无路的人的生命中。

我们可以筹算自己的道路,但却是神指引我们的脚步。所以,当你今天在便利店里站在一个陌生人身旁,或在火车上或飞机上坐在一个陌生人身旁,要谨记这一点。神自有办法让我们在适当的地点和时间出现。
祷告

主啊,求祢施恩给我们,叫我们知道是祢引领我们的每一步。求祢帮助我们善用每一个机会。祷告奉耶稣的名求,阿们。.

Philippians 1:1-11  
January - 27

GOD NEVER GIVES UP!

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion . . . . Philippians 1:6

One day a mother whose 25-year-old son had turned his back on God was telling me she had given up on her son. After years of praying for him and trying to convince him that he needed the Lord in his life, she was sure that God had written him off. She had decided no longer to pray for him.

It was one of the saddest things I’d ever heard: a parent giving up on a child.

I told her how glad I was that God never gives up on us. If he did, you and I would not stand a chance. If I would have had to hang on to God throughout my life, I would be hopeless. The only reason I am who I am today and the only reason I am where I am in my walk with the Lord is that God refused long ago to give up on me. If it were up to us to stay close to God when things fell apart, we would be lost.

Thank God for his assurance in Philippians 1:6: "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

God never gives up. It’s the most beautiful assurance we have. Even when we are tempted to let go, God refuses to give up. And because God never gives up on us, we may never give up on the people around us as long as we or they live. Each day offers a new opportunity for grace and for turning back to God.
PRAYER

Father, thank you for hanging on to us even when we want to let go. We love you, Lord! Help us, in your name, to hang on to others who still need to turn back to you. Amen.

腓立比书   1:1-11
January - 27

神永不放弃!

「那在你们心里动了善工的,必成全这工……」 腓1:6

有一天,一位母亲对我说,她已放弃了自己的儿子,这个二十五岁的儿子已经离弃了神。她多年来一直为他祷告,又尽量说服他,使他明白他的生命需要主。可是,她现在却肯定,神已经放弃了他,她决定不再为他祷告了。

这是我听过最令人难过的事情之一:父母放弃自己的儿女。

我对她说,我庆幸神永不放弃我们。要是神放弃我们,你和我都不能幸免。要是我一生都要靠一己的努力去抓紧神,我便绝望了。我之所以成为今天的我,以及建立了今天和主的关系,唯一原因是神在很早以前已拒绝放弃我。要是在逆境中由我们来选择是否紧紧跟随神,我们必会失丧。

感谢神在腓立比书1:6给我们的确据:「我深信那在你们心里动了善工的,必成全这工,直到耶稣基督的日子。」

神永不放弃,这是我们最美好的确据。即使我们受试探,想离弃神,但神却拒绝放弃我们。又因为神永不放弃我们,以致我们在有生之年,也不应放弃我们身边的人。每天都是神施恩的日子,以及向神回转的机会。
祷告

父神,感谢祢在我们想放弃的时候仍紧紧抓着我们。主,我们爱祢!帮助我们奉祢的名,抓紧仍然需要重投祢怀抱的人。阿们。.

Philippians 1:12-26  
January - 28

GOD GETS US WHERE HE WANTS US

What has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. Philippians 1:12

Recently I reached a milestone: my 70th birthday! It caused me to reflect on my life and ask myself some questions. How did I get where I am today? How did someone who grew up in a small town in Europe happen to marry someone born in California? Why did I have the privilege of preaching for almost 40 years?

To some people, the answer is quite simple: we are where we are because of our choices. We choose where we live, whom we marry, and what we do with our lives. If we make good choices, things work out well, and if we make bad choices, things work out poorly.

Some people might also say that Paul was in prison because of the choices he made. He could have refused to become a Christian; he could have turned down the challenge of becoming a missionary for Jesus. He could have been more careful and compromising. It seems that some of the early Christians even felt that Paul’s being in prison was a mistake and was never meant to be.

Paul responded by saying that it was God who put him there. God had Paul where he wanted him. Through his imprisonment Paul was able to bring the gospel message straight to the seat of government in Rome.

Thank God that in spite of our good, bad, or even sinful choices, when all is said and done, the Lord always gets us where he wants us.
PRAYER

Thank you, Lord, that you make no mistakes and that you always get us where you want us. Help us to live wisely and look for your direction each day. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

腓立比书   1:12-26
January - 28

神按祂的意思放置我们

「我所遭遇的事更是叫福音兴旺……」 腓1:12

我最近到达一个里程碑:我的七十岁寿辰!它让我回顾自己的一生,也反省了一些问题:我是怎样走到今天来的呢?在欧洲一个小镇成长的我,怎会和一个在美国加州出生的人结婚?为何我有这个福分,可以传道近四十年?

对某些人来说,答案可能很简单:是我们的抉择使然。我们选择居住的地方、结婚的对象,以及怎样过我们的人生。若我们作出明智的选择,便会有好的结果;若我们作出错误的决定,便得不到好结果。

有些人可能会说,保罗被囚,是他咎由自取的,他大可以拒绝作基督徒,大可以不接受为耶稣作宣教士的挑战,大可以谨慎一些,妥协一些。有些初期的基督徒甚至认为保罗被囚是一个错失,是不该发生的事情。

然而,保罗的回应是,神把他放置在那里的,是神按照自己的意思把保罗放置在某个地方。保罗透过他的被囚,能够把福音的信息直接传给罗马政府的官员。

感谢神,不管我们作出明智、错误,甚至有罪的抉择时,最后主总是按祂的意思把我们放置在某个地方。
祷告

感谢主,因祢永不出错,而且总是按祢的意思把我们放置在某个地方。求祢帮助我们活得有智慧,每天都寻找祢的带领。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

Philippians 4:4-7  
January - 29

THE PROMISE OF GOD’S PEACE

The peace of God . . . will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

"Anything to get me through the night." According to one story, these were the words of Frank Sinatra after many long nights of tossing and turning. The man who seemed to have it all, who had fame and fortune and sang, "I did it my way," lacked one of the most important things in life. He had no peace of mind.

Millions of people, both rich and poor, go through life without God’s gift of peace. Some search nearly everywhere and never find it. Others try almost everything imaginable—without success. No amount of alcohol or pills can help us obtain it. No measure of fame or pleasure can guarantee it. Only God himself can give it.

In Philippians 4:7 Paul tells us where and how to find this peace. We need to know the Lord Jesus Christ and have a personal relationship with him. Says Paul, "In everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

God’s gift of peace is available for the asking. Turn your life over to the Lord Jesus Christ and believe in him as your Savior. Commit to living for the Lord each day and ask for the Spirit’s guidance. When you do, you have the guarantee that the peace of God will flood your heart and mind. Don’t go another day without it.
PRAYER

Father in heaven, we thank you for the gift of peace that we can enjoy because of Jesus Christ. Help us to live for you and to help others find your peace. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

腓立比书   4:4-7
January - 29

神应许赐下平安

「神所赐出人意外的平安,必在基督耶稣里,保守你们的心怀意念。」 腓4:7

有一个故事说,法兰.仙纳杜拉经过多个辗转反侧,无法入睡的晚上后,说:「只要是能够令我入睡的方法,我都愿意一试。」这个看似一无所缺,名成利就的人,凭着所唱的电影主题曲「夺标」而声名大噪,可是,他却缺少了人生最重要的东西。他的心里没有平安。

数以百万人,不论贫富,一生都缺乏神所赐的平安。有些人到处寻找平安,却遍寻不获。另一些人千方百计要寻找平安,依然徒劳无功。没有酒精或药物可以帮助我们找到平安,即使再多的名誉和快乐,都不能保证我们能得到平安,唯独神可以把平安赐给人。

保罗在腓立比书4章7节告诉我们,在哪里可以找到平安,以及如何找到平安,就是我们要认识主耶稣,与祂建立个人关系。保罗说:「应当一无挂虑,只要凡事借着祷告、祈求,和感谢,将你们所要的告诉神。神所赐出人意外的平安,必在基督耶稣里,保守你们的心怀意念。」

神会把平安赐给求祂的人,所以,要把你的生命交给主耶稣基督,相信祂,接受祂作你的救主,天天立志向主委身,为祂而活,并祈求圣灵指引。当你这样作,便能保证,神所赐的平安会充满你的心怀意念。不要迟疑,别再过没有平安的日子。
祷告

天父,感谢祢叫我们因着耶稣基督得享平安的福乐,求祢帮助我们为祢而活,又帮助别人能找到祢所赐的平安。奉耶稣之名,阿们。.

Philippians 4:8-20  
January - 30

GOD’S PROMISE TO PROVIDE

My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

When Paul wrote the words of Philippians 4:19, he was speaking from experience. Ever since he’d become a Christian and a missionary for the Lord, he had faced almost every need imaginable. He’d been thrown in prison, he’d faced persecution, and he’d suffered at the hands of those who hated him. But God had faithfully met Paul’s needs every step of the way. God had never let him down. Whether in plenty or in want, hungry or well fed, Paul had experienced God’s providing hand.

At the beginning of a new year God promises to meet our every need. God already knows what we’ll need, and he promises to meet our needs. God will be with us every step of the way, providing for us in ways that only God can. It’s guaranteed!

Make sure you don’t misinterpret these words of Paul. God does not promise to give us everything we want. Sometimes God’s answer to our prayers is "No." Some¬times God will answer our prayers in ways that we don’t want or expect. There may be lots of things God will withhold from us. But he does promise to give us what we need in order to fulfill his purpose for our lives. We have been given a new year to serve God.

As God meets our needs, he also asks us to help meet the needs of people around us. This is one way in which God shows his presence through us.
PRAYER

Lord, thank you for your promise to meet our needs. Help us to see the needs of others, and move us to be willing to help meet those needs in your name. Amen.

腓立比书   4:8-20
January - 30

神应许供应我们所需

「我的神必照他荣耀的丰富,在基督耶稣里,使你们一切所需用的都充足。」 腓4:19

保罗所写的腓立比书4:19,是他的经验之谈。自从他成为基督徒,并作主的宣教士后,每时每刻都面对各种需要。他曾被下到狱中,面对逼迫,在憎恨他的人手中吃尽苦头。然而,保罗所经历的每一步,神都满足了他的需要。神从没有令他失望,不论富足或贫困,饥饿或饱足,保罗都经历到神的供应。

在一年之始,神应许满足我们的每一个需要。神已经知道我们需要的是甚么,亦应许会满足我们的需要。神每一步都会与我们同在,以祂独有的方法供应我们的需要。这是毋庸置疑的!

然而,要确定你没有误解保罗这番话语,因为神并没有应许把我们想要的东西,一件不漏地赐给我们。有时,神会对我们的祷告说:「不」。有时,神会用我们不乐意接受或意想不到的方法来回应我们的祷告。神可能有许多东西不会赐给我们。但祂却应许赐给我们一切所需,好叫我们能成全祂在我们生命中的旨意,好像我们又得到新的一年去服侍神。

神满足我们的需要,祂也要求我们去满足身边的人的需要,这是神借着我们彰显祂的同在的方法之一。
祷告

主啊,感谢祢应许满足我们的需要。求祢帮助我们看见别人的需要,又感动我们乐意奉祢的名帮助有需要的人,阿们。.

Revelation 21:1-5  
January - 31

GOD’S PERFECT PRESENCE

"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them." Revelation 21:3

In his book Heaven, Randy Alcorn paints a fascinating picture of life on the new earth. Based on his interpretation of several Old and New Testament Bible passages, life for God’s people is not some ghostlike existence. People will have real, physical bodies, will recognize each other, and will be able to relate to each other in meaningful ways. In keeping with God’s promise to make all things new, Alcorn envisions a creation that will be restored and renewed.

As beautiful as that will be, the most amazing thing about life on the new earth will be the perfect presence of God. Says John, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God." As The Message puts it, "God has moved into the neighborhood."

Today we experience God’s presence imperfectly. Some days we feel God’s closeness, and some days God seems far away. Some days we talk with him, and some days he seems to turn a deaf ear.

On the new earth, when Christ has come again, as a familiar song says, we "shall see him face to face, and tell the story, ‘Saved by grace.’" Make sure you know him as your Savior, and pray that we will soon be able to experience his perfect presence.
PRAYER

Lord, we thank you for your promise to make all things new and for the promise to live with us on the new earth. Come soon, Lord Jesus! Amen.

啟示錄   21:1-5
January - 31

神完全的同在

「看哪,神的帐幕在人间。他要与人同住。」 启21:3

Randy Alcorn在他的著作《天堂》中,描绘了一幅在新世界中生活的动人图画。据他对旧约和新约圣经某些内容的理解,神的子民在天堂并非如鬼魂般生活,他们会有实实在在、真实的肉体,他们能辨认对方,而且可以互相接触和沟通。由于神应许叫万物更新,所以Alcorn在书中展现了一个将会获得再造和更新的世界。

在这幅美丽的图画中,这个新世界最动人的地方,是神完全的同在。约翰说:「看哪,神的帐幕在人间。他要与人同住,他们要作他的子民。神要亲自与他们同在,作他们的神。」意译本圣经《信息》这样描绘说:「神搬进了我们的邻近居住呢。」

今天,我们未能完全经历神的同在。有些时候,神好像和我们很接近;有些时候,却好像离我们很远。有些时候,我们和祂交谈;有些时候,祂却好像充耳不闻。

在基督再来之日,这个新天新地正如一首耳熟能详的诗歌所说,我们「与祂面对面,述说『蒙恩得救』的故事。」要肯定你认识祂,接受祂作你的救主,并祈求我们很快能经历祂完全的同在。
祷告

主啊,感谢祢应许叫万物更新,又应许在新天新地中与我们同住。主耶稣,求祢快来!阿们。.

Acts 24:1-16  
Feburary - 1

ON THE ROAD WITH GOD

"I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way . . . ." Acts 24:14

A fourth-century desert father named Sarapion once traveled from Egypt to Rome, where he visited an elderly believer known for her reclusive ways. This Christian woman seldom left the small room she called home. Sarapion loved to travel and was skeptical about her way of life. He asked, "Why are you sitting here?" She replied, "I am not sitting; I am on a journey."

She was right, of course. You may not have the means or the inclination to cruise the high seas or visit faraway places, but if you are a disciple of Jesus Christ, you are a traveler.

During the Middle Ages, spiritual writers often re¬ferred to believers as "wayfarers." That language reflects one of the earliest descriptions of New Testament believers. As described by Paul in our reading for today, they were called "followers of the Way."

Followers of the Way don’t set down permanent roots. They move through life with greater destinations in mind. They are always stretching and growing. They are always "on the Way" with Jesus Christ—who identified himself as the only way to God (John 14:6).

There is much coming and going in Scripture. The people of God are always going places. They refuse to get stuck in a rut. This month let’s discover what lessons we can learn from them for our own walk with God.
PRAYER

Father, our lives run the risk of spiritual stagnation. Put us on the road with Jesus to learn new lessons about faith and discipleship. In his name we pray. Amen.

使徒行传   24:1-16
Feburary - 1

与神同行

「我正按着那道事奉我祖宗的神……。」 徒24:14

第四世纪沙漠教父撒拉比昂从埃及跑到罗马,探望一位以隐居见称的年长信徒,这位妇人甚少离开她称为家的小房间。喜欢旅游的撒拉比昂,对她这种生活方式不以为然,他问道:「你为甚么坐在这里不动?」她回答说:「我不是坐着不动;我乃是走在旅途中啊。」

她说得对。纵使你没有能力或兴趣遨游四海或驰骋远方,只要你是耶稣基督的门徒,你便是一个旅客。

中世纪的属灵作者经常称信徒为「客旅」,这个名称显示人们起初如何看新约时代的信徒。根据保罗在今天这段经文所说,他们是「按着(跟随)那道」的人。

跟随那道行走的人,不会在任何地方生根,他们终生朝着更伟大的目标上路,他们不断竭力长进,总是与耶稣基督一起「在旅途中」,因为耶稣基督称自己为通往神那里的唯一道路(约翰福音14:6)。

圣经记载了很多旅程,神的子民时常到不同的地方,他们不愿意停滞不前,过着无意义的生活。在这个月,让我们从他们身上学习应学的功课,以帮助我们与神同行。
祷告

父啊,我们的灵性生命可能陷入停滞不前的危机,求祢使我们与耶稣一起走在路上,好叫我们学到信心和作门徒的功课。奉祂的名祈求,阿们。.

Genesis 1:1-5  
Feburary - 2

DESCENT OF THE DOVE

The Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. Genesis 1:2

The first journey recorded in Genesis is not a pilgrimage by our spiritual ancestors across rugged terrain in response to God’s calling. That kind of journey did occur at times, but the first journey recorded in Scripture is undertaken by God. The Spirit of God hovered over a world that was "formless and empty." The Spirit of God descended into the darkness that covered "the surface of the deep."

We shouldn’t find this journey surprising. Through¬out the Bible we discover that God often had to step into the picture to bring order out of chaos and to shine light into dark places.

But we tend to forget that. Instead we think we can wrestle with the raw material of life and bring order out of anarchy. But we typically make a mess of things. We don’t have the wisdom or strength to shape the raw materials of life into something wondrous and beautiful.

God does, however. That’s why the first journey in Scripture is about God. God’s Spirit hovers over the world like a bird hovering over her nest, protecting and feeding her young (see Isaiah 31:5). And as the psalmist reminds us, God continues to send his Spirit to "renew the face of the earth" (Psalm 104:30). The Lord’s creative and sustaining energy nurtures us for faithful obedience in our own lives.
PRAYER

Lord, spread the wings of your Spirit and hover over our lives with your care and love. Bring order to our lives so that we may respond to you in trust and obedience. Amen.

创世记   1:1-5
Feburary - 2

神的灵像鸽子降临

「神的灵运行在水面上。」 创1:2

创世记记载的第一个旅程,并不是我们的属灵祖先回应神呼召时走的崎岖路程。这一类旅程有时会出现,但圣经中第一个旅程的旅客却是神自己。神的灵在这个「空虚混沌」的世界运行,神的灵降临到这个被黑暗笼罩的「渊面」。

我们实在不应以这个旅程为奇;在整本圣经中,我们看到神经常需要插手干预,在混乱中恢复秩序和照亮黑暗的地方。

可惜我们总是忘记了这点。我们认为自己有能力与冷酷的生命搏斗,在混乱中恢复规律,但往往是弄得一团糟。我们缺乏智慧和力量,无法把冷酷的生命变为奇妙美丽。

然而神做得到,所以圣经中的第一个旅程是神的旅程。神的灵在地面翱翔,就像一只鸟在巢上面盘旋,保护和喂养雏鸟一样(以赛亚书31:5)。诗人亦提醒我们,神仍继续差祂的灵来「使地面更换为新」(诗篇104:30)。主以祂创造和保守的能力喂养我们,好叫我们能过着忠心顺服的生活。
祷告

主啊,求祢的圣灵展翅翱翔,以祢的看顾和慈爱在我们生命中运行;又帮助我们过有规律的生活,好叫我们能信靠顺服祢。阿们。.

Genesis 3:1-10  
Feburary - 3

A WALK IN THE PARK

[They] heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden . . . . Genesis 3:8

small wooded area.

Sometimes in the summer my wife and I saunter there in the cool of the evening. We go not just for the park’s beauty but for each other’s company. It’s a time for us to talk about our day and catch a glimpse of God’s imprint on creation.

You and I are created to enjoy similar rambles with God. Of all God’s creatures, we alone have hearts that can open to God’s heart. Of all God’s creation, we alone can share God’s joys and intentions for this world.

Our brokenness is displayed in our reluctance to keep God as our walking partner. God knows too much about us. God’s gaze is too penetrating. We feel naked when God is near.

But God has an answer to our shame. He has garments that cover our nakedness.

Ultimately our shame is covered as we are "clothed ... with Christ" (Galatians 3:27). When we’re covered with the sinlessness of Christ and forgiven for his sake, we are prepared again to have God as our walking partner on life’s journey.
PRAYER

Father, forgive us when we cower in the bushes, afraid to be seen by you. Help us to come out of the shadows and put on your garments of grace through Christ. Amen.

创世记   3:1-10
Feburary - 3

园中漫步

「耶和华神在园中行走……,(他们)听见神的声音。」 创3:8

离我家不远有一个公园,园内有一个小池塘,常有小孩子到那里捉鱼;鸭子和其他野生动物以这家公园为家。池塘周围,有小径环绕。小径穿越溪流,及沿着小丛林伸展。

在夏日,内子和我有时会在黄昏阴凉时分到那里散步;我们到那里,不单是为了欣赏园中美景,也为了享受与对方一起;在这段时间,我们互诉当日发生的事,又欣赏一下大自然留下的足迹。

神创造你和我,让我们也可以享受与祂一起漫步。在所有受造物中,惟有我们才能与神心灵相通;在所有受造物中,惟有我们才能明白神的喜乐及领略祂对这个世界的旨意。

我们不愿意继续与神同行,因为我们失望羞愧。神实在太了解我们了,祂的目光何等锐利,神走近我们时,我们赤祼祼地被祂看透。

然而神已赐下遮羞的方法,祂为我们预备了衣物来遮盖我们赤祼的身体。

当我们「披戴基督」(加拉太书3:23)时,我们的羞耻便完全被遮盖了。无罪的基督既遮盖我们,我们便因祂的缘故得到赦免,我们可以重新准备好,与神一起同走生命路。
祷告

父啊,我们躲藏在树丛中,害怕被祢见到,求祢赦免。又求祢帮助我们从黑暗中出来,借着基督穿上恩典的袍子。阿们。.

Genesis 3:14-24  
Feburary - 4

[God] placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword . . . . Genesis 3:24

The Heidelberg Catechism, a historic creed of the church, describes our core problem as misery. But what does it mean to be miserable? Is misery a matter of living in a squalid hut in a poor country? If so, many of us are anything but miserable. Some drive new cars, others eat in good restaurants, and a few take cruises on the Caribbean every January. Yet none of these things really satisfies. Deep inside, no matter where we live, we sense we are out of synch with life’s design.

The original German word for "misery" in the Cate¬chism literally means "homesickness." That names our problem. Our true misery isn’t an inability to amuse our¬selves with the best the world has to offer. Our true misery is that we have become a people without a country. We are cut off from our native land and are longing to go home. Meant to dwell in God’s Garden, we’ve been banished "east of Eden."

"East of Eden" is not a pleasant place to live. "East of Eden" is a place filled with "thorns and thistles." "East of Eden" we work hard but find that the problems of life still choke our joy and satisfaction.

We need to get back to the Garden. We need to go home to God. And the only way back is by way of Christ, the Savior, who now rules from God’s throne (Ephesians 1:20-23; Revelation 22:3).
PRAYER

Lord, we desperately want to go home. By your Spirit, make us citizens of your kingdom. Help us show each day our true commitment to Christ. In his name, Amen.

创世记   3:14-24
Feburary - 4

伊甸园东边

「(神)在伊甸园的东边安设口基口路口佰,和……发火焰的剑。」 创3:24

历史悠久的教会信仰信条《海德堡要理问答》说,人类面对的核心问题就是愁苦。然而甚么才算是愁苦?愁苦是住在贫穷国家的骯脏茅舍吗?若是如此,很多人并不愁苦;有些人驾驶新车,有些人在豪华餐馆吃喝,也有少数人在每年一月份都乘船游览加勒比海。可惜这一切都不能真正满足人心;不论我们身在那里,在心底深处,我们总觉得我们无法与生命原来的设计互相配合。

说来在《要理问答》中,「愁苦」的德文原文,是「思乡」的意思,这个意思正切中我们的问题的要害。我们感到愁苦,不是因为我们尝不到世上最高级的享受,愁苦的真正原因乃是我们已成为一群没有本乡的人。我们被祖国驱逐,切切渴望重返家园。本来住在神的乐园的我们,现在已被逐到「伊甸园东边」了。

「伊甸园东边」不是理想的居所,「伊甸园东边」是一个充满「荆棘蒺藜」的地方。在「伊甸园东边」,我们虽然辛劳工作,但到头来仍被生活所困,得不到喜乐满足。

我们需要重返这伊甸乐园,我们需要回到神的家。而回家的唯一途径,就是借着现今在神的宝座上掌权的救主基督(以弗所书1:20-23;户示录22:3)。
祷告

主啊,我们极渴望回家。求祢藉祢的灵叫我们成为祢国度的子民,又帮助我们每天都忠心跟随基督。奉祂的名,阿们.

Genesis 11:1-9  
Feburary - 5

NAME-BUILDERS

"Come, let us build ourselves a city . . . so that we may make a name for ourselves . . . ." Genesis 11:4

Edward J. Smith was captain on one of the most famous sea voyages of all time. His reputation had suffered a setback in previous years, but his new commission was guaranteed to restore luster to his name. Smith was determined to make the first Atlantic crossing with a speed that would impress his harshest critics. That’s why he ignored weather conditions. That’s why it wasn’t really an iceberg that sunk the Titanic on its first voyage. It was the pride of Edward Smith and his employer, the White Star Line.

Many of us are in the business of making a name for ourselves. Who can blame us? Who wants to be discarded on the ash heap of history? Life’s winners are those who at least get a footnote in history books.

But our attempt to make a name for ourselves revisits the plains of Shinar. The game plan at Babel was to build a staircase to heaven. But the effort was doomed. The pride that separates us from God separates us from each other. The babbling at Babel is a fitting punishment for people who refuse to hear God’s unifying speech. People scatter out in all directions—a clear sign of sin’s power to fragment and divide.

God’s answer to Babel is Pentecost. By the power of God’s Holy Spirit, peoples of many nations drew together under the banner of God’s name (see Acts 2:21).
PRAYER

Lord, our arrogant name-building isolates us from you and our neighbors. Place your own name upon us, we pray, and give us unity in bearing the name of Christ. Amen.

创世记   11:1-9
Feburary - 5

追求名声的人

「来吧,我们要建造一座城……,为要传扬我们的名……。」 创11:4

Edward J. Smith是历史上其中一次最著名的海上旅程的船长;在过去几年,他的名声虽然受挫,但他这个新的航海任命必能保证能挽回他的名声。Smith决心要以最高的速度首次横过大西洋,好叫那些批评得一点都不留情的人也侧目。基于这个动机,他不理会当时的天气,而第一次下水的铁达尼号沉没的真正祸首,并非冰山,乃是Smith和他的雇主白星游轮公司的虚荣心。

我们当中很多人都热衷宣扬自己的名声;实在难怪我们这样做,有谁愿意在历史上消失湮灭呢?那些至少有份在历史书的注脚上出现的人,才算是成功人士。

设法宣扬自己的名声,就等如重临示拿平原。巴别的计划是建造一条通天的梯阶,可是他们的努力注定失败。使我们与神隔离的骄傲,也同样令我们与其他人隔离。神在巴别塔变乱天下人的言语,因为他们拒绝听从神单一的声音。这个惩罚可说是相当适合的。众人因此分散各地,清楚显明罪的权势带来的四分五裂。

神使用五旬节作为巴别的解救,借着神圣灵的能力,普天下的人都来聚集在神的名的旗帜下(参看使徒行传2:21)。
祷告

主啊,我们自大追求名声,以致我们远离祢和其他人。求祢把祢的名冠在我们身上,又叫我们同心合意活出基督的名。阿们。.

Genesis 11:31-12:9  
Feburary - 6

FAITH JOURNEY

"Go to the land I will show you." Genesis 12:1

It’s difficult to see why God sometimes doesn’t make things happen right where we’re planted. We might have our life worked out: a career on the fast-track, a new home, good schools for the kids. And then God changes the game plan.

Abram may well have wondered about God’s instructions to him. His father, Terah, had intended to move to Canaan but never made it that far. When he got to Haran, he settled there instead. Abram lived long enough in Haran to make himself at home. His business ventures had prospered, and he had become "very wealthy" (Genesis 13:2). Living the life of a desert sheik and already 75 years old, Abram wasn’t the most likely person to go looking for new adventures.

Abram and his wife, Sarai, were also childless. In spite of their prosperity, their future looked bleak with no descendants. Then God showed up and told Abram to go to the land God would show him.

Abram wasn’t being called to retire in a villa on the Mediterranean. He was called to a faith journey that was part of God’s plan to gather his people. Abram obeyed, and he was blessed in ways he never imagined.

God’s faith journey for you may lead in directions you think are impossible or unreasonable. But in your obedience God will also bless you and others around you.
PRAYER

Lord, just when we have life all figured out, you shake us up with something new. Overcome our hesitation. Help us trust in your wisdom on the journey you give us. Amen.

创世记   11:31-12:9
Feburary - 6

信心之旅

「往我所要指示你的地方。」 创12:1

我们很难理解,神为何有时不在我们已生了根的地方使用我们。我们可能已有了一定的成就:成功的事业、新的房屋、儿女就读优秀的学校;然而神却改变我们的全盘计划。

亚伯兰大概也曾质疑神的吩咐;他的父亲他拉本来打算往迦南地去,但始终没有到达目的地,他只走到哈兰,便在那里安顿下来。亚伯兰在哈兰住了许多年,已以此地为家;他事业有成,非常富有(创世记13:12)。过着族长生活,又已届七十五高龄的亚伯兰,不可能是追求冒险生活的理想人选。

亚伯兰和妻子撒莱并无儿女,纵使富甲一方,但因没有人继后香灯,他们的前程仍然是黯淡的。就在此时,神前来吩咐亚伯兰,往祂所指示的地方去。

神不是吩咐亚伯兰退休,到地中海的别墅居住;神乃是呼召他踏上一个信心的旅程,这是神招聚祂的子民的其中一部分计划。亚伯兰顺服神,他因此大大蒙福,远超过他所想所求的。

神为你预备的一个信心的旅程,对你来说,或许是没有可能或不合情理的;你若愿意顺服,神必定同样祝福你和你周围的人。
祷告

主啊,我们刚为自己一生作好安排,祢却以新的计划鞭策我们。求祢除去我们的犹豫,帮助我们在祢所赐的生命旅程中信靠祢的智慧。阿们。.

Genesis 28:10-22  
Feburary - 7

LIFE ON THE RUN

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go . . . ." Genesis 28:15

Jacob had messed up and was running for his life. It’s not surprising that he’d be exiled from his home. Jacob’s name means "deceiver," and he had lived up to it—swindling his brother and hoodwinking his father. Now he was on the run to Haran, where he would later learn to deal with the deceptions of his Uncle Laban.

Jacob spent the night in no-man’s land. Even God seemed to have forsaken this place. But here Jacob saw a vision of heaven’s gate. God showed him a ladder, or stairway, that reached from earth to heaven. Jacob also saw the Lord, who promised to give him this land and to bless all the world’s peoples through him. Out in the middle of nowhere Jacob was promised full life and a future with God. So he called the place Bethel—"house of God"—and, as we might expect, Jacob made a vow that sounded more like a deal than a promise. But that didn’t nullify God’s gracious promise to Jacob.

It’s disturbing the way God can catch us on the run—and keep on loving us. Some of us are on the lam from our past, even today. We’re in a tight place, trying to slip out from under some major mistakes. But at this moment God is showing us the way out. Did you know that Jesus describes himself as Jacob’s ladder, the gateway to heaven? (See John 1:51; 10:9; 14:6.) He is the bridge by which we can enter into the presence of God.
PRAYER

Lord, we thank you that no matter how badly we mess up, you keep coming to find us. Help us to trust ourselves to Jesus, knowing he can make all things right again. Amen.

创世记   28:10-22
Feburary - 7

逃亡的生活

「我也与你同在,你无论往那里去,我必保佑你……。」 创28:15

雅各闯了大祸,正在拼命逃亡;说来,雅各被逐离家门,也不是出奇的事。看,雅各的名字的意思就是「骗子」,他也确是一个名符其实的骗子,因他诈骗了哥哥,又欺哄了父亲。此刻他正逃往哈兰,殊不知他将来要在这地方应付舅父拉班的欺骗呢。

雅各在四野无人之地过了一夜,连神也似乎丢弃了这地方,然而雅各却在这里看到天门的异象。神让他看见一道梯子,从地面上达于天,他又看见耶和华,而耶和华更应许把这地赐给他,地上万族也要因他得福。在这个荒芜的地方,雅各蒙神的应许,会得到丰盛生命,并从此有神与他同在,所以他称这地为伯特利 —— 「神的殿」。而如我们所料,雅各许的愿,听来较像与神交易,多过对神的承诺,然而他的缺点并没有使神对雅各的恩典和应许落空。

即使我们拼命逃亡,神仍抓住我们,不止息地爱我们,这实在令我们震惊。今天我们当中有些人正在为着他们的过去逃亡。我们陷在困境中,正在尝试从严重错误中逃脱出来,神就在此时让我们看见出路。你知道耶稣曾说祂是雅各的天梯,是进天堂的门吗(参看约翰福音1:51;10:9;14:6)?不错,祂是我们到神那里去的桥梁。
祷告

主啊,感谢祢,不论我们闯了甚么大祸,祢仍不断寻找我们。求祢帮助我们把自己交托耶稣,因为我们知道祂能把一切修正过来。阿们。.

Exodus 3:1-15  
Feburary - 8

WHO, ME?

Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh . . . ?" Exodus 3:11

Have you ever tried to fix something only to make it worse? Some of my forays into the world of plumbing have achieved that kind of result.

Moses understood that feeling. That’s why he was out in the wilderness tending sheep. His high-handed attempt at executing justice some 40 years earlier had forced him to beat a hasty retreat out to the desert (see Exodus 2:11-25; Acts 7:20-30). There Moses had plenty of time to think about the mistakes he’d made.

But in the wilderness Moses met the God who intended to turn him from a keeper of sheep to a shepherd of God’s people Israel. Moses didn’t like the plan, however. He had learned about his limitations. He wasn’t fit for the job—or so he thought.

Many of us have also discovered our limitations. We’ve lost our idealism in the school of hard knocks. We’ve grown pragmatic, even jaded, about life. No gran¬diose plans for us! Leave the tough jobs for the person sitting next to us in the pew. Why risk failure?

Why? Because Someone is beside us to catch us when we stumble. Remember that God said to Moses, "I will be with you." In the Hebrew text that promise is related to God’s name: I AM. That’s the same name Jesus claims for himself (see John 8:58; 10:30). And just as he has promised, he is with us always (Matthew 28:20).
PRAYER

Lord, you’ve found us hiding away from you, wallowing in self-pity. Shake us out of our stupor. Enfold us into your plans and empower us to go where you send us. Amen.

出埃及记   3:1-15
Feburary - 8

怎么,是我吗?

「摩西对神说:『我是甚么人,竟能去见法老……?』。」 出3:11

你有没有试着修理东西,但到头来却越弄越糟呢?当我这个门外汉试图去修理水管时,便是这样碰壁了。

摩西深深明白这种感受,因为这正是他在旷野牧羊的原因;大约四十年前,他盛气凌人地尝试妄自施行公义,终于被逼慌忙逃到这沙漠之地(参看出埃及记2:11-25;使徒行传7:20-30)。在这个地方,摩西有很多时间反省自己的过失。

然而,摩西却在这旷野之地遇见神,神打算把这牧养羊群的人,变为牧养神的子民以色列人。可是摩西却不喜欢这个计划,他明白自己的弱点,所以他认为自己不是适当的人选。

我们当中很多人也明白自己的弱点;生活上严重的打击已令我们失去理想,我们变得很实际,甚至麻木不仁,所以不要把伟大的计划交托给我们!不如把困难的差事交给坐在我们旁边的人吧。我为甚么冒失败的危险呢?

为甚么?因为我们失败时会有人在身旁扶持我们。记着,神曾对摩西说:「我必与你同在。」在希伯来文中,这个应许关乎神的名字:自有永有的,而耶稣也以同一名字自称 (参看约翰福音8:58;10:30)。就如祂所应许的,祂必常与我们同在 (马太福音28:20)。
祷告

主啊,祢发现我们在自怨自艾,躲避不敢见祢。求祢叫我们振作苏醒过来,让我们有机会参与祢的计划,又赐我们能力,到祢差遣我们的地方去。阿们。.

THE HARD WORK OF STANDING STILL

"Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today." Exodus 14:13

In the eyes of Pharaoh, the Israelites were like sheep fit for slaughter. His former slaves wandered about "in confusion, hemmed in by the desert."

As Christians, we sometimes feel in a daze too. Financial pressures push from one side, health problems push from another, and relationship problems charge in from before and behind. Which way do we turn? A sense of panic grips us. In despair some reach for an overdose of sleeping pills to end the misery.

There’s another alternative, though, as we can see in this amazing promise: "The Lord will fight for you." Have we overlooked the Lord, who stands at our side? Have we forgotten God is ready to do battle for us?

And what is our task? "You need only to be still." This is no small matter! What a challenge it is to keep our focus and trust that God will rescue us!

Some of us may be in despair today. Sinful patterns of life may be pinning us down. Temptation easily crumbles our resolve. Problems stagger us. But God has gone on the offensive for our sake—ultimately on a hill called Calvary. God’s own Son engaged the armies of the devil and triumphed over them by giving his life for us.

Today we share in his victory, for he is still on the move for his people. Stand strong in the knowledge that the battle belongs to the Lord.
PRAYER

Lord, "greater is he who is in us than he who is in the world." By your grace, give us the victory today over the pressures that threaten us in our journey of faith. In Jesus, Amen.

出埃及记   14:1-14
Feburary - 9

站住不动是一件苦差

「只管站住,看耶和华今天向你们所要施行的救恩。」 出14:13

在法老王眼中,以色列人是一群待屠宰的羊,他昔日的奴隶们「在地中绕迷了,旷野把他们困住了。」

身为基督徒,我们有时也会感到茫茫然。一面是经济的压力,另一面是健康的问题。再加上人际关系的难题在前后夹攻,究竟那儿才是出路?我们感到惊惶失措,有些人因此服用过量的安眠药来了断生命。

「耶和华必为你们争战。」从这奇妙的应许中,我们可以看到另外一个解决的办法。难道我们忽略了与我们站在同一阵线的耶和华吗?我们岂忘记了神早已准备为我们争战?

我们要做甚么?「你们只管静默,不要作声。」这事非同小可!要做到专心仰望,坚信神必拯救,是多么大的挑战!

我们当中有些人此刻可能正陷在灰心失望中;犯罪的劣根性或许控制了我们,我们的决心往往因引诱而瓦解,重重的困难接踵而来。殊不知神已为我们向前进攻 —— 而最后的阵线便是加略山,神的儿子在那里与魔鬼的军队争战,祂为我们牺牲性命,藉此战胜敌人。

今天我们得以分享祂的胜利,因为祂仍为祂的子民作工。既知道胜利必定属于耶和华,我们自当刚强站稳。
祷告

主啊,「那在我们里面的,比那在世界上的更大。」求祢的恩典临到我们,叫我们胜过那些阻吓我们走信心之路的压力。奉耶稣祈求,阿们。.

Exodus 16:1-8  
Feburary - 10

BUILDING STAMINA

"I will rain down bread from heaven for you." Exodus 16:4

I have friends who have ridden bikes across North America. How do they prepare for such an adventure? They bike 20 miles a day after work, and they take longer jaunts on weekends. But does that prepare them for the grueling demands of a daily hundred-mile grind? Not fully. Cyclists build stamina in their first days on the road. And stamina comes with time. You can’t give up as you build muscle tone.

The people of Israel learned that lesson while they traveled in the desert. They thought the worst part was getting out of Egypt. They discovered later that it took more stamina to stick with the program while scrambling through wilderness ravines.

Are you surprised? The daily grind of obedience often wears us down too. We begin to think that the "grass was greener" before we began journeying with God and before he made demands on our time, our finances, and our priorities.

In the desert God offered his bone-weary people extraordinary provisions. God fed his people on "bread from heaven." The gift of manna to ancient Israel was a sign of the sustaining gift of Christ Jesus to us. He is "the true bread from heaven" (John 6:32). Sustained by Jesus on the journey, we find that our spiritual muscles grow strong as our complaints shrink away.
PRAYER

Lord, we know that most of our discipleship is "on the job" training. Help us be your faith¬ful apprentices. Prepare our hearts for the lessons you want to teach us today. Amen.

出埃及记   16:1-8
Feburary - 10

锻炼耐力

「我要将粮食从天降给你们。」 出16:4

我有些朋友曾骑脚踏车横跨北美洲,他们是如何为这刺激的旅程作好准备的呢?每天下班后,他们会骑二十哩路。到了周末,他们骑得更远。这种锻练,是否足以应付每天骑一百哩远程的严厉要求呢?其实不完全足够。这些骑脚踏车的人会利用旅程的最初几天来锻炼耐力,耐力需要时间培养,在锻炼结实肌肉时,千万不能半途而废。

在旷野的旅程中,以色列人学了以上的功课。他们起初以为逃离埃及是最难的一关,后来才发觉,要按照计划走过旷野陡峭峡谷,他们需要有更大的耐力。

你是否感到意外呢?每天过顺服的生活往往令我们厌倦,我们开始觉得,在我们与神同行之前,也在祂要求我们把时间、金钱、和优先次序交给祂之前,「草是较为青绿的」。即那时的日子,好像比今日好得多呢。

在旷野中,神对疲惫不堪的百姓有奇妙的供应。神以「天上来的粮」喂养祂的子民。昔日神以吗哪为礼物赐给以色列人,预表祂把耶稣基督作为最好的礼物,赐给我们。祂是「天上来的真粮」(约翰福音6:32)。在生命路上,因着耶稣的保守,我们属灵的肌肉日渐结实,而我们的怨言也变得越来越少了。
祷告

主啊,我们知道,学习作门徒需要「在工场上」接受训练。求祢帮助我们做一个忠心的信徒,又预备我们的心,学习祢今天为我们预备的功课。阿们。.

Psalm 135  
Feburary - 11

MEMORY AND HOPE

I know that . . . our Lord is greater than all gods. Psalm 135:5

Poet Wendell Berry has observed that when we are young, our lives are all time and little memory. As we grow older, we discover that our lives are almost entirely memory and very little time. That’s why, in visits with older family members or acquaintances, we often talk about the past and the roads they have traveled.

Conversations like that are not mere reminiscing about "good old days." They are crammed with evidence of God’s grace and faithfulness. Our memories of the past give us courage for the road ahead.

Israel practiced a similar faith dynamic. The psalmist in our reading for today offers memories of the Exodus. Why remember things that happened centuries earlier? Because such memories inspire hope for tomorrow.

Alistair MacGrath has compared the Christian to a trapeze artist who has let go of one bar and is soaring through the air to catch the other bar swinging toward him. There’s a moment when the trapeze artist is suspended in midair—caught in an act of faith.

That’s the nature of the Christian life. We journey by faith. Often the insecurity of the moment overwhelms us. That’s why we cultivate a spiritual memory. God’s grace is woven into our own personal stories.

Consider your own life. What stories might you share with family and friends about God’s goodness?
PRAYER

Lord, memories of your guidance inspire our confidence for the future. Help us remember the grace moments of life that assure us of your continued presence. In Jesus, Amen.

诗篇   135
Feburary - 11

回忆与盼望

「原来我知道…我们的主超乎万神之上。」 诗135:5

根据诗人温德尔.伯里的观察,在我们年轻时,生命有的是时间,而回忆却甚少;但年纪越大,我们的生命差不多完全是回忆,而日子越来越少了。所以,当与年长的家人或朋友相聚时,我们往往会谈过去和他们昔日所走过的路。

类似以上的倾谈不单是缅怀「昔日的好时光」,这些时光更充满了神的恩典和信实的证据,回顾过去给与我们勇气去面对前面的路。

以色列民也用同样方法来巩固信心。在今天的经文中,诗人忆述出埃及的经历。为甚么要忆述数个世纪以前发生的事呢?因为这些回忆燃起我们的盼望去面对将来。

麦格夫以高秋千杂技演员比喻基督徒,当杂技演员放开一边的杠飞跃空中,伸手准备去抓荡到他身边的另一条杠的那一瞬间,他正悬在半空中,这便是一个单靠信心维系的时刻。

基督徒的生命就是这个样子;我们凭信心走生命路,而动荡的时刻往往令我们难以应付,所以我们需要培养灵命回顾的习惯,让我们看见神的恩典穿插在每一个人的故事中。

请看看你自己的生命,你有甚么故事可与亲友分享,来见证神的恩典呢?
祷告

主啊,回顾祢过去的带领,能燃起我们对将来的信心。求祢帮助我们,记得祢在我们生命中施恩的时刻,好叫我们确信祢必继续与我同在。奉耶稣祈求,阿们。.

John 1:1-14  
Feburary - 12

THE GREATEST JOURNEY

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. John 1:14

The greatest journey of all time cannot be measured in miles or kilometers. The magnitude of this journey leaps the gulf between the divine and the human. The eternal Word, the Second Person of the Trinity, "became flesh." God went on a camping expedition. Literally, he "pitched his tent" in Jesus Christ among people sunk deep in hopelessness.

Why did God do this? Author Garret Keizer tells a story about his father, a foreman for an electric company. On a miserably wet night, Garret’s father received a call about a power outage. He and young Garret drove out to the pit that housed the power equipment. His father’s men had already arrived, uncertain of what to do next. Garret’s father stripped off his overcoat, jumped down into the pit with his men, and set to work on the wires. Half an hour later, Garret’s father emerged from the pit wet and dirty—but with the power running. His father had turned on the lights.

For Keizer, that episode became a model of the incarnation. For centuries God had spoken through the prophets about what needed to be done in this dark world. But that wasn’t enough. God himself showed up on the scene and got down into the dirt. He did the work no one else was able to do. God turned the world from darkness to light.
PRAYER

Lord Jesus, shine the light of the gospel into the dark places of our lives. May we walk your paths with the certainty that comes from knowing you are always with us. Amen.

約翰福音   1:1-14
Feburary - 12

最伟大的旅程

「道成肉身,住在我们中间。」 约1:14

历史上最伟大的旅程,不是以英哩或公里所能衡量的;而这个旅程的幅度足以跨越神与人之间的鸿沟。这个旅程就是:那永活的道、三位一体神的第二位,「成了肉身」,来到人间。啊!神出动往露营去了,祂以耶稣基督为营帐「扎营」在那些陷入绝境的人当中。

神为甚么这样做?作家Garret Keizer描述他父亲任电力公司工头时的故事。在一个滂沱大雨的晚上,他父亲收到某地方电力中断的通知,便带着年轻的Garret Keizer开车到放置发电设施的地洞;他父亲的下属们早已到达,但却不知从何着手。Garret Keizer的父亲便脱掉外衣,与下属一起跳进地洞,开始修驳电线。半个小时后,Garret Keizer的父亲又湿又脏从地洞钻出来。电力供应回复正常了,他的父亲令那个地方重放光明。

对Garret Keizer来说,这件事与道成肉身极为相似。神在历代历世已藉先知说明这个黑暗的世界需要甚么,但这样做仍然不足够,神要亲自来到现场,投身在骯脏的泥泞中。祂所作的,没有人做得到,神把黑暗的世界变为光明。
祷告

主耶稣,求祢让福音之光照亮我们生命中黑暗的角落。愿我们满有确据行在祢的路上,因为我们知道祢常与我们同在。阿们。.

Matthew 3:13-17  
Feburary - 13

POWER-EQUIPPED

He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. Matthew 3:16

Why could Jesus do what he did during his ministry? What gave him power to heal the sick and raise the dead? What gave his teaching such power that it went beyond anything other rabbis taught?

Well, first of all, we might say that as the Second Per¬son of the Trinity, Jesus could do anything. But we must remember that Jesus set aside the privileges of divine glory to fulfill his mission as our incarnate Savior (see Philippians 2:6-8).

So where did the power for his unique ministry come from? The Spirit of God made a special descent to equip Christ for his calling. As the Spirit hovered over the waters of creation, so the Spirit hovered over Jesus to prepare him for his work.

We shouldn’t minimize the cost of this spiritual anoint¬ing. The Father’s voice from heaven identifies Jesus, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love." These words recall prophecies from Isaiah about the Lord’s Servant who would fulfill God’s promise of salvation. God’s Son, honored at his baptism by both the Father’s voice and the Spirit’s presence, would be "led like a lamb to the slaughter" (Isaiah 53:7).

The Spirit’s anointing did not spare Jesus from a road of suffering. The Spirit’s anointing is for service. We who follow Jesus in this world do well to remember this.
PRAYER

Father, thank you for equipping us with the Spirit’s power. In our call to costly obedience, may we take courage from the Spirit who dwells in us. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

马太福音   3:13-17
Feburary - 13

充满能力

「他就看见神的灵,仿佛鸽子降下,落在他身上。」 太3:16

耶稣出来传道事奉时,为甚么能有如此成就?祂从那里得医病和叫死人复活的能力?是甚么赋与祂的教训有那么大的权能,远超过其他夫子的教训呢?

当然,我们可能马上会说,身为三位一体神的第二位,耶稣是有能力做任何事的。不过,我们必须记着,耶稣已道成肉身成为我们的救主,为了要完成这个使命,祂已放下了自己的神能和荣耀(参看腓立比书2:6-8)。

那么,祂传道事奉特有的能力,究竟从哪里来?是因为神的灵曾特别降临在基督身上,以装备祂来完成祂的呼召;就如在创造天地时神的灵在水面上运行,神的灵也同样运行在耶稣身上,让祂预备妥当才去工作。

我们不可轻看这个圣灵膏立所要付的代价。天父的声音从天而降,表明耶稣的身分:「这是我的爱子,我所喜悦的。」这句话提醒我们,以赛亚曾预言,耶和华的仆人将要成就神拯救的应许;这位在受洗时有神的声音和圣灵降临来尊崇祂的神子,将要「像羊羔被牵到宰杀之地」(以赛亚书53:7)。

圣灵的膏立并没有免去耶稣走受苦之路,圣灵的膏立乃是预备祂去事奉。我们这些在世上跟随耶稣的人,必须谨记这点。
祷告

父啊,祢以圣灵的能力装备我们,我们感谢祢。我们蒙召付上代价跟从祢时,愿我们能从住在我们心里的圣灵得到勇气。奉耶稣的名,阿们。.

Luke 4:1-13  
Feburary - 14

WILDERNESS JOURNEY

Jesus answered, "It is written . . . ." Luke 4:8

A few years ago while visiting New York City, I made a trip up to the observation deck of the Empire State Building. It struck me that if Jesus were being tempted today, the devil could have brought him there.

The devil could have nodded toward Wall Street—a banking district that controls 21 percent of the world’s assets. He might have offered control of a communications center that houses four major TV networks. He could have pointed to the United Nations building, with its international ties that reach throughout the world.

That observation deck offers quite a view. It’s almost enough to make us believe the world’s kingdoms offer the real action.

It’s tough to resist the devil’s lies. Even if we’re offered mere tidbits of worldly power, our moral fiber can easily crumble. A lucrative but shady business deal suddenly doesn’t look so bad. Neither does a chance to cheat big-time on our taxes—or on our spouse. Temptations like these are enough to trip us up. And we can always come up with good reasons to justify what we do!

In turning down the devil’s offers, Jesus shows us how to maintain our ethical stamina. Jesus quotes God’s truth in the face of the devil’s lies. We need the truth of God’s Word to keep us strong when we journey out into the wilderness.
PRAYER

Lord, in the face of temptation we have a tendency to play games. But your Word keeps us honest with you and with ourselves. Mold our lives to your will. Amen.

路加福音   4:1-13
Feburary - 14

旷野之路

「耶稣说:『经上记着说…、』」 路4:8

数年前游览纽约巿时,我曾登上帝国大厦的观景台。那时我突然想到,如果耶稣在今天受试探,魔鬼或许会带祂来这个地方。

当地的华尔街是控制着全世界百分之二十一资产的金融区,魔鬼可能会朝着华尔街向耶稣展示;祂或许答应把容纳四个主要电视台的资讯中心送给耶稣,祂大概也会指着联系世界各地的联合国大厦来使耶稣动心。

观景台上见到的景色十分壮观,差不多足以令我们相信,世上的国度能带给我们真正的满足。

抵挡魔鬼的诡计,实在是不容易。纵然只见到世上一点一滴的荣华权势,我们的道德标准也会因此瓦解;一宗利润丰厚却很有问题的商业交易,突然显得不成问题;有机会逃税或对配偶不忠,也同样可以接受。这一类试探足以绊倒我们,我们也总能找到借口来支持我们的行为!

耶稣拒绝接受魔鬼的引诱,祂告诉我们应如何持守自己的道德标准。耶稣引用神的真道来面对魔鬼的诡计,在踏上旷野之路时,我们也同样需要神的话才能站立稳固。
祷告

主啊,面对试探时,我们总爱玩把戏。然而祢的话逼使我们对祢坦诚,并且不再自欺。求祢根据祢的旨意来塑造我们的生命。阿们。.

Matthew 9:9-13  
Feburary - 15

FOLLOW THE LEADER

"Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him. Matthew 9:9

In the ancient Roman world, tax collectors weren’t government officials. They were members of syndicates that financially devoured ordinary citizens. After they had prepaid taxes to Rome, the tax collectors were free to gouge their own people. Their take far outstripped their initial investment. So we can assume that Matthew was reaping a vast fortune as a tax collector. Only when we understand this can we imagine the cost of Jesus’ invitation to follow him.

Some of us may likewise have to face tough decisions about the cost of discipleship. Some of us are making money in ways that dishonor Jesus. We may be engaged in business practices that the world considers smart, but we know down deep that we are doing wrong. Our busi¬ness practices may even influence us to keep our dis¬tance from other believers.

Christ came into the world for people like us. He came to restore us to spiritual and moral health. Don’t be upset with the surgery he may need to perform in your life. And it may help to know that while Jesus calls us to sacrifice, he also offers an amazing investment policy: "Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life" (Matthew 19:29).
PRAYER

Lord, help us not to be put off by free grace that calls us to costly obedience. Heal our moral brokenness. Lead us to confess our sins and live faithfully for you. Amen.

马太福音   9:9-13
Feburary - 15

跟从领袖

「就对他说:『你跟从我来!』他就起来跟从了耶稣。」 太9:9

在古罗马时代,税吏不是政府官员,他们乃是吞没一般市民金钱的集团;这些税吏预先向罗马政府缴税,之后便随己意榨取自己的同胞,他们征收的税款远超过先前所付的。所以我们可以假设,身为税吏的马太,必定大有斩获;明白了这点,我们才能想象,他若要接受跟从耶稣的邀请,要付上甚么代价。

论到作门徒的代价,我们当中有些人或许同样面对困难的抉择,有些人赚钱的方法羞辱耶稣的名。在世人眼中,我们以聪明的手法做生意,但在心底深处,我们知道这种手法其实是错误的;我们做生意的手法,甚至迫使我们与其他信徒保持距离。

基督来到世上,就是为了像我们这样的人,祂来为要挽回我们的灵性和道德。假若祂要在你生命中动手术,你也不用恼怒,要知道耶稣不单是要求我们作出牺牲,祂也同时为我们提供一个奇妙的投资方案:「凡为我的名撇下房屋、或是弟兄、姐妹、父亲、母亲、儿女、田地的,必要得着百倍,并且承受永生」(马太福音19:29)。
祷告

主啊,帮助我们不要因为跟从祢要付出代价,便不愿意接受祢白白赐给我们不求代价的恩典。求祢挽回我们沦落的道德,又带领我们认罪和忠心为祢而活。阿们。.

Matthew 27:45-50  
Feburary - 16

DESCENT INTO HELL

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46

Many of my memories from being in college some 30 years ago have become a blur. But I remember well a chapel talk once delivered by my sociology professor. He reminded us that whenever we pray "Lord, forgive my sins," we are really asking our Savior to "go to hell" for us.

Is grace cheap to God? One cynic on his deathbed has been quoted as saying, "I love to sin. God loves to forgive. Truly the world is admirably arranged." The hellish cry of our Savior on the cross, however, calls such arrogance to account. Only his journey through the agonies of hell makes our forgiveness possible. As Isaiah 53:6 reminds us, "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."

But Christ’s journey into the pit strengthens my resolve to follow him. I can no longer be careless about my disobedience when each cutting word and selfish deed cost Jesus so much. My petty anger and constant selfishness had staggering consequences for Christ.

For Jesus, the words "Lord, forgive me" meant a terrible journey. But because Jesus made that journey for me, I will not have to take that road. Regardless of how tough life gets, hell is not on my itinerary. My life is lived in my Lord’s embrace.
PRAYER

Lord, forgive me for overlooking how much it cost you to bring forgiveness. Your grace is not cheap. Inspire me to be thankful for all you have endured for me. Through Jesus, Amen.

马太福音   27:45-50
Feburary - 16

降到阴间

「我的神!我的神!为甚么离弃我?」 太27:46

三十年前上大学时发生的事,大多数都印象蒙眬了,但我却清楚记得,那一次社会学教授在学校教堂讲的话。他提醒我们,每当我们祈求「主啊,赦免我的罪」时,我们其实是在要求我们的救主为我们「降到阴间」。

对神来说,恩典是廉价的吗?一位愤世嫉俗的人在重病垂危时曾如此说:「我喜欢犯罪,神喜欢赦免,这个世界的安排真是天衣无缝了。」然而,这些傲慢的人,必须解释救主为何在十架上痛苦呼喊;惟有借着祂经历阴间之苦,我们才得赦免。以赛亚书54:6提醒我们说:「我们都如羊走迷,各人偏行己路,耶和华使我们众人的罪孽都归在祂身上。」

基督的阴间旅程,坚固了我跟随祂的信心。我不再随便犯罪,因为我每一句伤人的话和自私的行动,都要耶稣付很大的代价;轻易发怒和自私的行为,也为基督带来严重的后果。

对耶稣来说,「主啊,赦免我」这句话代表我每一个痛苦的旅程。然而,耶稣既已为我完成了这旅程,我便不用踏上这条路了;生活无论多么困苦,我总不用面对阴间。我一生都活在主的荫庇下。
祷告

主啊,我往往忽略了祢要付多大的代价来赦免我们,求祢饶恕,祢的恩典不是廉价的。祢为我们忍受痛苦,求祢感动我们,向祢献上感恩。藉耶稣祈求,阿们。.

John 20:1-18  
Feburary - 17

EASTER TRAVELS

She turned around and saw Jesus standing there . . . . John 20:14

If you had been standing in the Jerusalem cemetery on Easter morning, you would have seen an odd sight. In a place where most people saunter quietly, on this morning folks were dashing about with perplexed looks on their faces. A woman raced down the road back to Jerusalem. Then two young men come sprinting down the same path to a tomb that stood strangely open.

One person standing in the garden that morning saw all these things. Christ Jesus had stepped out of his tomb. His quiet stroll through the garden to tell Mary the news of his resurrection is the most amazing garden walk ever taken.

Christ’s meeting with Mary turned her world upside down. It upends our world too. After all, this wasn’t just Christ’s personality or his spirit that was raised on Easter morning. And it wasn’t just hopes and aspirations. Christ rose bodily from the grave. Christ had defeated the powers of evil, and death lost its grip on him.

This is the good news of Jesus. Mary ran forth from the cemetery again, but this time not with news of a tampered grave. She ran with glad tidings: "I have seen the Lord!" And Jesus’ disciples have been running ever since to tell everyone that Christ Jesus is risen—he is risen indeed!
PRAYER

Lord, with Mary we have a message to tell. Our walk with Christ has assured us that he is risen. Fill us to witness boldly for you in our conversations with others. In your name, Amen.

約翰福音   20:1-18
Feburary - 17

复活节的脚踪

「就转过身来,看见耶稣站在那里……。」 约20:14

在复活节清晨,你若站在耶路撒冷的坟场,便会看见一个奇怪的景象。在这个地方,一般行人都会保持安静,但在这个早上,却有一些满脸疑窦的人往往返返。先是妇女跑回耶路撒冷,跟着有两个年轻人,循同一条路跑到那个不知为何打开了的坟墓。

在那天早上,有一个人站在园子里,这一切祂完全看见了。基督耶稣离开了自己的坟墓,祂安静漫步,走过园子,告诉马利亚祂已复活了,这是有史以来最奇妙的园中漫步。

基督与马利亚会面,改变了马利亚的人生。同样,我们的生命也被改变了。因为在这复活节早晨复活的,不单是基督的人格或基督的灵魂,也不单是希望和心愿,而是基督的肉身从坟墓里复活了;基督已战胜罪恶的权势,而死亡也不能再拑制祂。

这就是耶稣带给我们的好消息。马利亚再次从墓地跑出来,她所讲的不再是被人移动过的坟墓,她一边走,一边兴奋地宣告这个信息:「我已经看见了主!」自此之后,耶稣的门徒一直不断向人传扬基督耶稣已经复活 —— 祂真的复活了!
祷告

主啊,和马利亚一样,我们也有信息要去传扬。我们确信基督已经复活,因为我们与祂同行。在我们与别人倾谈时,求祢赐我们勇气去为祢作见证。奉祢的名祈求,阿们。.

Acts 1:1-11  
Feburary - 18

A VIEW FROM THE THRONE

Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns. . . ." Psalm 96:10

Whenever we see something unusual, we tend to stare. It’s not always polite, but it seems to be human nature to gawk. Necks crane at the scene of an accident or fire. People stop and stare when they notice a breathtaking panorama. So who could blame the disciples for "looking intently up into the sky" as Jesus ascended?

It took a couple of angels to shake them from their stupor. They reassured the disciples that although he had gone up into heaven, he would "come back in the same way" someday. In the meantime, as Jesus had taught them earlier, he would be ruling over all things at the Father’s right hand. Jesus’ kingdom reign had begun. In that reality Jesus’ followers still live today.

Preacher and author Fleming Rutledge notes that when South Africa was struggling against apartheid, there was something peculiar about the songs the black South Africans sang. The people sang as though their liberation from racism was already won. For example, they’d sing, "We have cleansed this land," as though the dirt of apartheid had already been washed away.

Some people might have called them naïve or even foolish for singing such songs. But perhaps they understood something about the kingdom of God that we sometimes fail to see: the Lord is establishing his kingdom of justice and peace, and its coming is unstoppable.
PRAYER

Lord, help us live each day knowing that "the kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever." Amen.

使徒行传   1:1-11
Feburary - 18

从宝座下望

「人在列邦中要说:『耶和华作王!』」 诗96:10

每当见到不寻常的事物时,我们总会瞪眼凝视;这样做虽然无礼,但定睛呆望却是人之常情。在意外或火警现场,人们爱伸长脖子看过究竟,面对叹为观止的美景,人们会停下来凝神观赏。所以,当耶稣升天时,难怪门徒会「定睛望天」。

直等到两位天使出现,他们才回复神智;天使向门徒保证,虽然耶稣已升到天上,有一天祂「还要怎样来。」就如耶稣以前告诉他们的,现时祂正在父神右边掌管万有,耶稣的王权已开始了,就是在今天,跟从耶稣的人仍服膺在祂的王权下。

传道人兼作家 Fleming Rutledge 指出,当南非仍陷在种族隔离斗争中时,南非的黑人唱的歌十分特别;他们唱歌时,好像种族歧视已不再存在,例如其中一句诗歌说:「我们已洁净了这地。」好像种族隔离的污点已被清洗干净了。

有些人可能认为,他们唱这些歌,实在有点天真或甚至愚蠢;不过,或许他们早已知道,主正在祂的国度中建立公义和平,而这国度的来临无人能拦阻,但我们却往往忽略了这点。
祷告

主啊,我知道「世上的国成了我主和主基督的国。祂要作王,直到永永远远。」求祢帮助我们凭此信念过每一天。阿们。.

Matthew 28:16-20  
Feburary - 19

GO!

"Go and make disciples of all nations . . . ." Matthew 28:19

Among the missionaries my church supports are missionaries to many different cultures. Why have these missionaries left behind family and friends and gone to work and witness where customs are so different and people often live in dire poverty? Because Jesus said, almost 2,000 years ago, "Go and make disciples of all nations . . . ."

Many of us believe the power of mission should be centripetal, drawing things powerfully toward a center, like a whirlpool. We often set up our evangelism efforts that way. The doors of our churches are always open, we say, and God will draw in the people he chooses. But while the church needs to be open and welcoming to all, we often fail to get out of our comfort zones and away from our pews to seek people who are lost.

Jesus’ command calls us to a mission that mainly operates with centrifugal force, spreading out to bring the good news of Jesus and establish new churches all over the world. That’s the power of Christ’s mission. Whether it means walking through our backyard to talk to a friend on the next street or traveling to a land on the other side of God’s world, the power of the gospel pushes us out to meet with people everywhere who need to hear and live by the good news.

That’s the mission Jesus calls us to.
PRAYER

Lord, forgive our spiritual cowardice. Help us move out on your behalf to let the world know you call disciples from every nation under heaven. In your name, Amen.

马太福音   28:16-20
Feburary - 19

去!

「你们要去,使万民作我的门徒……。」 太28:19

我的教会支持的宣教士中,有些是在各种不同文化背景的地方宣教的。这些宣教士为甚么离开亲人和朋友,到不同风俗习惯和极贫困的地方去事奉见证呢?皆因耶稣在差不多二千年前曾这样说:「你们要去,使万民作我的门徒……。」

很多人相信,宣教的能力是向内的,它像漩涡那样把物体凝聚至中心点。我们传福音也往往采取这方式,我们认为教会之大门必须常常打开,神便自然领祂拣选的人进来。当然,打开教会的门欢迎任何人进来是重要的,可是我们往往只安于现状,没有踏出教堂去寻找失丧的人。

耶稣吩咐我们,宣教策略要以向外为主,我们要把关于耶稣的好消息传扬开去,在世界各地建立新的教会,从此可见基督的使命的能力。无论是穿过后院与住在后面街的朋友倾谈,或到世界另一角落宣教,福音的能力都在催逼我们,到各处接触那些需要听闻福音和藉此得生命的人。

这就是耶稣吩咐我们遵行的使命了。
祷告

主啊,求赦免我们懦弱的心,帮助我们为祢出动,让世人知道祢招聚世上万民作祢的门徒。奉祢的名,阿们。.

John 5:16-30  
Feburary - 20

CROSSING THE RIVER

"He has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

About 50 years before the birth of Christ, a Roman general stood with his army near a mountain stream in northern Italy. The Rubicon wasn’t one of the land’s great rivers. But at that moment no river was more important. The Rubicon divided Gaul from Italy, and the general, Julius Caesar, had orders to keep his armies stationed in Gaul. To defy Rome, cross the Rubicon, and march south would change his life forever.

Ever since Julius Caesar crossed over that stream, "crossing the Rubicon" has meant making a life-changing decision. Every person who hears the gospel of Christ faces such a decision. The good news declares that the Savior, Christ, is King and calls us to follow him. What will our response be?

Jesus says a commitment to him literally brings heaven to earth: "Whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." Jesus tells us that when we place our trust in him, eternal life isn’t mere¬ly in the future; our new life in him begins here and now!

Some of us are standing beside our own Rubicon and are still toying with making a commitment to Christ. But why would we want to linger on death’s shore when we can cross over into new life in Christ today?
PRAYER

Father, we believe Christ has come to make all the difference in our lives. Kindle in us the desire to cross by faith into your eternal kingdom. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

約翰福音   5:16-30
Feburary - 20

越过那河

「是已经出死入生了。」 约5:24

在基督降生之前约五十年,有一罗马将军和他的军队,来到意大利北部一条山溪前;卢比孔河在当地的河中并不算大,但在当时,它比任何河流都重要。因为它位于高卢和意大利两地的边界,而当时位为将军的尤利马斯.凯撒(译者按:后来被称凯撒大帝)是奉命把大军留守高卢。他倘若违背罗马的命令,横过卢比孔河向南推进,他的一生从此将会大大改变。

自从凯撒过了这条小河后,「越过卢比孔河」这句话,便成了作一个改变一生的决定的意思。每一个听闻基督的福音的人,也要面对一个决定;福音既宣告救主基督是王,它吩咐我们来跟从祂。我们怎样回应呢?

耶稣说:「那听我话,又信差我来者的,就有永生,不至于定罪,是已经出死入生了。」所以,委身给祂犹如天国在人间。耶稣告诉我们,我们若信靠祂,永生不单是将来的事,就在这一刻,我们在祂里面的新生命已经开始了。

我们当中有些人正站在自己的卢比孔河边,仍然不肯认真考虑委身给基督。今天我们只要越过河那边便可在基督里得新生命了,可是我们为甚么宁愿仍在死亡边沿徘徊呢?
祷告

父啊,我们深信,耶稣的降临大大影响我们的生命。求祢燃起我们渴慕的心,叫我们凭信心进入祢永恒的国度。奉耶稣名祈求,阿们。.

Luke 15:11-32  
Feburary - 21

COMING HOME

"I will set out and go back to my father . . . ." Luke 15:18

G. K. Chesterton tells the story of an English sailor who miscalculated his course and thought he’d discovered a new land in the South Seas. Ready to plant the British flag and claim the land as New South Wales, he’d actually landed back in his homeland. In search of the new, he had discovered the old. And for the first time he saw what he had left behind.

Jesus tells a parable about a young man who made a similar discovery. He headed off to a "distant country" where he thought life would be great. Wine, women, and song looked more attractive than plowing his father’s fields. But one day the prodigal son came to his senses. He returned home to discover the amazing welcome of his forgiving Father. Prodigal means "lavish," and what we discover is that the love of our heavenly Father is more prodigal—more lavish—than our sin. God’s children come home to discover that life in the Father’s house is what they’ve craved all along.

Some of us are in a "distant country" today. We’ve wandered far from our spiritual home. We’ve sailed far from the land of grace, and it’s time to turn our ship around and head home. When we do, we’ll discover that our heavenly Father has been waiting and watching for our return. He has the lights on and is calling us to come home.
PRAYER

Father, we know you are watching and waiting for us. Forgive us for wandering so far away. Thank you for calling and receiving us back again into your family. In Jesus, Amen.

路加福音   15:11-32
Feburary - 21

归家

「我要起来,到我父亲那里去…。」 路15:18

G. K. Chesterton 讲述一个英国水手的故事,该水手把他的航程算错了,所以他误以为自己在南面的海洋发现了新的土地;他准备把英国旗插在那里,以示这块土地属于英国,并且称这地为新南威尔斯,殊不知他只是回到了他的家园。他本想寻觅新的领土,但结果竟找回旧地,这时候他才第一次知道他的国家原来还有一块美好的土地。

在耶稣所讲的比喻中,有一个年青人也有近似的经历。他离家往「远方」去,准备在那里尽情享乐。比起耕种父亲的田地,酒色笙歌当然吸引得多。然而有一天,这位浪子(prodigal son)终于醒悟过来,他起来回家,发现父亲竟饶恕他,且隆重其事欢迎他回来。prodigal这个词是「不吝惜」的意思,我们知道天父毫不吝惜的爱,远超过我们所犯的罪。当神的儿女归家时,他们发现天父家里的生活,才是他们一直所向往的。

在今天,我们当中有些人正身在「远方」,远离了属灵的家乡,又漂离了恩典之地,但现在是时候转舵归家了。当我们回转时,我们将会发现,我们天上的父一直在等待及期盼我们回来,祂早已亮了灯呼唤我们归家。
祷告

父啊,我们知道,祢一直在等待及期盼我们回来。我们离开了家,跑得那么远,求祢赦免。感谢祢呼唤和接纳我们返回祢家中。奉耶稣祈求,阿们。.

Acts 26:9-18  
Feburary - 22

NOT MY WILL BUT YOURS

"It is hard for you to kick against the goads." Acts 26:14

Saul was making a strange trip. He was heading away from Jerusalem, away from the temple, away from everything he loved. Why? He was on a search-and-destroy mission against the church of Christ.

Then Saul met the one he thought was still back in Jerusalem. God showed up on the road—or, to be more specific, Christ showed up! He reminded Saul that you can no more fight the ascended Savior than an ox can fight the will of the farmer who guides the plow. "It is hard for you to kick against the goads," Jesus said to him. If you do, you succeed only in hurting yourself.

We all face decisions about the direction our life should take. As a young man, I wrestled for years with whether to enter the ministry. My preference was to teach mathematics or explore the realm of physics. But God had other plans. Only when I stopped kicking against the goads and pursued the gospel ministry did I have peace.

Where is God leading you? Maybe you know, but you are fighting his plans. Maybe God’s intentions seem too hard, too difficult. But Jesus made a promise to Saul. And he makes that same promise to us. He reminds us that his burden is light (Matthew 11:29). Does that sound possible? You’ll learn the truth of those words as you hear his voice and obey.
PRAYER

Lord, how stubborn we are! Help us submit to your hand at the reins of our lives. Bless us with the knowledge that your Spirit bears the burden of discipleship with us. Amen.

使徒行传   26:9-18
Feburary - 22

按你的意思

「你用脚踢刺是难的。」 徒26:14

扫罗的旅程甚为奇特,他离开耶路撒冷,离开圣殿,离开一切所爱的,究竟为了甚么?他的使命乃是要找寻和毁灭信徒,攻击基督的教会。

扫罗以为神仍留在耶路撒冷,但他竟然遇见了祂。神在路上显现——或者说得清楚一点,是基督亲身显现!祂提醒扫罗,你与升到天上的救主争战,就像耕牛与牵犁的农夫博斗一样徒然。耶稣对他说:「你用脚踢刺是难的。」这样做只会伤害自己。

每一个人都要决定自己生命的路向,当我年轻时,我曾多年挣扎应否进入神学院;教授数学或研究物理学是我的首选,然而神却有别的计划。直至我停止用脚踢刺和从事福音事工,我才得到平安。

神要领你往哪里去?或许你已经知道答案,但你却抗拒祂的计划;神的旨意看来可能太艰巨困难了,不过,神已赐应许给扫罗,而祂也把同一应许赐给我们。祂提醒我们,祂的担子是轻省的(马太福音11:30)。这句话是真的吗?你若听祂的呼召和服从祂,你便能领会这句话是何等真确。
祷告

主啊,我们真是非常顽固!当祢管治我们的生命时,求祢帮助我们顺服。求祢祝福我们,让我们晓得,祢的灵与我们一同背负作门徒的担子。阿们。.

Acts 25:1-12  
Feburary - 23

A WITNESS BEFORE KINGS

"I appeal to Caesar!" . . . "To Caesar you will go!" Acts 25:11-12

Vermont television produced a popular video a few years ago. It was about an ordinary farmer named Fred Tuttle who went to Washington, D.C., to spread a little wisdom around the capital just as he’d been spreading a little manure over his fields for 50 years. The fictional story was so popular that in the next election, the actor who played Fred received write-in votes for senator!

There’s something attractive about ordinary people bringing wisdom to the great places of the world. But can that happen? It depends on the nature of the wisdom! Paul’s demand for an audience with Caesar was not motivated by a desire for personal justice. Later, those who held him captive said that if he had not appealed to Caesar, he could have been set free (Acts 26:32). But Paul appealed to Caesar because the gospel had business in Rome. Paul would speak the claims of Christ before the greatest power structures of his day!

Few of us may have the opportunity to speak the gospel in the world’s great halls of power. But it’s good for us to remember that the gospel speaks to the culture of every country and the government of every nation. Christians do not need be embarrassed to speak of Christ and his claim on society. After all, everyone in government receives authority ultimately from Christ himself.
PRAYER

Lord, forgive us when we think our faith is private and we forget that your rule extends everywhere. May the truth of the gospel give shape to a culture that honors you. Amen.

使徒行传   25:1-12
Feburary - 23

在君王面前的见证

「『我要上告于该撒。』…『可以往该撒那里去。』」 徒25:11-12

数年前美国佛蒙特州电视制作了一个很受欢迎的节目,故事中有一个平凡的农夫,名叫 Fred Tuttle,他前往华盛顿首府,在那里传播智慧之言论,就像他在过去五十年把肥料散播在他的耕地上一样。这个虚构的故事非常受欢迎,以致在下一次选举中,扮演Fred Tuttle的演员竟然被人临时提名竞选议员!

有平凡的人在世界上显赫的地方传播智慧之言,是一件令人注目的事,但这种事真的会发生吗?那就要看看是甚么智慧了!保罗要求见该撒,并不是为自己求公道;后来,那些囚禁他的人指出,如果他没有上告于该撒,他本来可以被释放了(使徒行传26:32)。然而保罗却上告于该撒,因为福音要在罗马传开,保罗有机会在当日最强大的政权面前传讲基督的福音!

虽然甚少人会有机会对世界上有权有势的人传讲福音,但我们应记着,福音的信息,切合每一个国家文化和世上每一个政权。基督徒用不着因在社会上宣讲基督和祂的福音而感到不安。毕竟,每一个政府官员的权力,最终都是来自基督自己的呢。
祷告

主啊,赦免我们,因为我们认为信仰是个人的事,以致我们忘记了祢的权柄是无所不在的。但愿祢的福音陶造出一个尊祢为主的社会文化,彰显祢的名。阿们。.

Psalm 23  
Feburary - 24

A SHEPHERD FOR THE DARK PLACES

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil . . . . Psalm 23:4

Recently I visited an aged member of my congregation who was receiving hospice care. She was nearing the end of her life’s journey. Gathering with the family, we read Psalm 23, and while we read that psalm, the good Shepherd ushered that dying Christian into the presence of the Father. It was an awesome moment.

Psalm 23 is such a familiar psalm that we sometimes forget its richness. It’s a psalm that defines the shape of the Christian life.

The good Shepherd leads us throughout life. He strengthens and nourishes us in places where we can grow strong on his grace. He disciplines us when we need correction. And when shadows grow darker and lead into the territory of death, he leads the way beyond and into the presence of the Father.

Some of us are in the valley of shadow right now. Maybe we struggle with a serious illness that threatens to take our life. Maybe we feel the advance of years and find that just making it through the day is a chore. May¬be we experience an emptiness caused by the death of someone who was a big part of our lives.

Whatever it is that may be troubling you today, trust that the Shepherd who leads in sunshine also leads in shadow. His presence will sustain you. His care will never fail.
PRAYER

Lord, some of us are walking in sunshine today; others of us are in shadow. Care for us, provide for us, and teach us lessons to enrich our journey with you, we pray. Amen.

诗篇   23
Feburary - 24

黑暗之地的牧者

「我虽然行过死荫的幽谷,也不怕遭害…。」 诗23:4

我最近探望一位正在接受善终服务的年长教友,她快要到达生命旅程的终点了。她的家人聚在一起,我们同诵诗篇23篇;而正在诵读时,里面提到的好牧人,便把这位奄奄一息的基督徒领到天父面前。这是一个何等可敬可畏的时刻。

我们太熟悉诗篇23篇了,以致有时会忘记了它丰富的信息。这篇诗篇清楚的给基督徒的生命下了一个定义。

好牧人带领我们一生,祂坚固和喂养我们,让我们在祂的恩典中茁壮成长;我们行差踏错时祂管教我们;当黑暗渐深、死亡阴影临近时,祂在前面开路,领我们进到天父面前。

我们当中有些人此刻正陷在幽谷中;我们或许正在与致命的恶疾博斗,我们或许因年事已高而感到每一天都很难熬,我们或许因生命中重要的人的逝去感到空虚寂寞。

今天,无论你因何事感到愁烦,你只要信靠这位在顺境逆境都一样带领你的牧者;祂与你同在并保守你,祂必永远看顾你。
祷告

主啊,我们当中有些人正过着阳光灿烂的日子,但有些人却在面对黑暗的逆境。求祢看顾我们、供应我们所需、教导我们存满足的心与祢同行。阿们。.

Revelation 3:1-6  
Feburary - 25

UNEXPECTED VISITOR

"I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you." Revelation 3:3

When I was a little boy and we were planning a family vacation, I would sometimes lie awake at night and wonder whether we’d get to go on our trip before Jesus returned. I wanted Jesus to come again, but I also wanted to see the Grand Canyon. So I thought it would be nice if he’d just hold off awhile so we could enjoy our vacation too.

Years later I discovered that we adults have similar notions.

We aren’t opposed to Jesus’ return. When we worship, we speak in hopeful terms that Jesus will come soon. Most of us tend to be quite certain that Jesus will return within our lifetime, or at least in this century.

But for the immediate future, many of us like things the way they are. We have some pretty good business deals in the works. We’d like to enjoy a few years of retirement. We’d certainly like to tidy up some loose ends to our discipleship before Jesus comes. No wonder it’s easy to put off preparations for the bridegroom’s coming until it’s too late (Matthew 25:1-13).

Jesus reminds us that the timing of his return doesn’t yield to our desires. Our responsibility is to prepare now for his return.

What would change for us if we heard Christ preparing to open the gates of heaven today?
PRAYER

Lord, we so easily lose track of time. With all the entries in our datebooks, we forget that your coming is near. Find us faithful stewards at your return, we pray. In your name, Amen.

啟示錄   3:1-6
Feburary - 25

不速之客

「我必临到你那里,如同贼一样。我几时临到,你也决不能知道。」启3:3

在孩童时代,当我们一家人准备出外旅行时,我有时会睡不着觉,因为我在担忧不知道能否赶得及在耶稣回来之前,完成这次旅程。固然我渴望耶稣再来,但我也想去游览大峡谷;所以我认为最好是请祂稍等一等,好让我们享受假期之后才来。

多年之后,我发觉我们成年人也有类似的想法。

我们并非不想耶稣再来。在敬拜时,我们满怀希望说耶稣快要回来了;大多数人都相信耶稣会在我们有生之年回来,或最低限度会在这个世纪回来。

然而,在现阶段里,很多人宁愿维持现状。我们的生意经营颇有成就,我们很想享受几年的退休生活,我们更希望在耶稣回来前整肃一下我们的门徒生活。难怪我们迟迟不去预备新郎来临,到头来恐怕太迟了(马太福音25:1-13)。

耶稣提醒我们,祂甚么时候回来,并不是按我们的意愿;我们的责任是,现在就要准备祂随时回来。

我们若听到基督今天就打开天门回来,那我们将会作出怎样的改变呢?
祷告

主啊,我们往往忽略了时间过得那么快。我们因事务繁忙,以致忘记了祢快要回来。在祢再来时,求祢帮助我们配称为祢忠心的管家。奉祢的名求,阿们。.

发新话题