发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

Any suggestion?

Any suggestion?

From next week, our Dept. weekly meeting will be in English only.Any suggestion on the books helpful? I will read some quickly for reference.
Thank in advance la..

No response at all?

Well, it seems that I did not make it clear.

I searched Dangdang and Joyo, didnt find any books related with meeting english, though there are many books about how to prepare interview, negotiation, etc.What I wanted was a book on meeting, I guess it should be different than talking with colleagues. Pls recommend so that I can prepare a little bit to avoid embarrassment.

If someone has any experience, or advice, Pls also share.Thanks again..

what is the topic for the meeting? you can choose a topic each week for the meeting, otherwise it will be difficult to find out relevant books or information..

Well, each week's topic will be different, mainly about what I did last week, and what I will do next.About my work, it will not be a problem to describe in english, but I have difficult in how to start, how to jump one task to another.All I need is general guidance, including how to chair a meeting.Did I make it understandable?.

回复 4#joyzhu 的帖子

there are many books with regarding to meeting skills, you can use the keyword of "effective meeting" to search on the book list, I believe you will find quite a lot of them.
these kind of book will help you on how to manage a meeting, such as agenda, meeting manner, punctualness, meeting minutes, meeting follow up and etc..

I'm not sure is there is any book can be an instant remedy. I mean vocabulary and gramma cannot improve in several days. But here is some suggestion that might be helpful to you for effecitve meetings:

- What ever language you use, keep yourself clear-minded. Be organized before deliver any view point or comment. Always deliver one point at a time.

- Don't confuse yourself with complicated wording or sentence. Most regular words are already enough to express common topics in a meeting. Keep your sentence simple and short. it will help you to easily express your point and help the others understand you.

- pay attention to other people especially when they use special terms. This will be your "language" for the meeting..

Thanks

Thanks for all the advice here or thru msg..

I thought no any books can improve your skills rapidly.Practice,self-confidence is necessary.My experience is forget Chinese in the meeting, thinking in English is best way.

[ 本帖最后由 PUPPET 于 2009-4-17 00:13 编辑 ].

回复 1#joyzhu 的帖子

Focus on your job, make highlights on what you have done in the week,
problems you have encountered, and suggestions you wanna to raise.
Listen carefully to your colleagues and write a weekly meeting report then after.........

Maybe you can prepare several slides including the content what you want to say, highlights,  main project, next plan, etc.. It can help you to make it clear and asist others understand.

And when you switch from one tast to the next one, you can say "let's turn to next foil......", "if you don't have any more questions on this one, I will discuss/report/talk about..."or "let's move on" , and turn to next foil at the same time..

If you are the moderator, you also can prepare the ppt inadvance, ask others send you their part. Then you can arrange the topic sequence..

发新话题