81 12
发新话题
打印【有1个人次参与评价】

When the rain can over?---Poor English, could anyone kindly correct me?

When the rain can over?---Poor English, could anyone kindly correct me?

I had planned to let my son play football last weekend, but those plans were cancelled due to rain.

I had planned to go strawberry picking with my family this weekend. it was cancelled due to bad weather as well.

When can we expect some sunshine?

My english is very poor, i know most of you are very good with English , could anyone kindly help me correct these errors?

Thank you very much in advance!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-3-4 09:55 编辑 ].

plan for indoor activity, don't be bothered by the rainny days....

回复 2#混凝土 的帖子

Based on weather forecast, sounds we have to plan indoor items this weekend..

回复 3#冰城来客 的帖子

stay home and play UNO with family, is it a good idea for you?.

回复 4#混凝土 的帖子

But what's UNO? United Nations Organization?.

Plan for delicious food.

We eat, and we are happy! Not only pigs have the right..

回复 5#冰城来客 的帖子

it's a fun card game for 2-10 persons, you may buy from "TOYRUS" in the shopping mall, rmb49..

回复 7#混凝土 的帖子

Thank you!.

引用:
原帖由 三顺 于 2009-3-2 11:39 发表
Plan for delicious food.

We eat, and we are happy! Not only pigs have the right.
Great idea!.

回复 8#冰城来客 的帖子

welcome!
you'll find "SCRABBLE" - a game for spelling, also interesting!.

回复 6#三顺 的帖子

I like to eat ,but who offer delicious food for me? 555.

This Sunday will be over..

回复 10#混凝土 的帖子

that's what we are playing.
BB will take a game this month on behalf of school..

回复 13#mayflower 的帖子

great !!!
wish your kid a good time in the game!.

this is the life,everthing should follow the weather,never complain,it will be fine!.

This Friday.

Too much rain in spring. So I don't like spring..

提示: 该帖被自动屏蔽

回复 18#SURVIVE 的帖子

Yes. From the weather report on TV..

Day always rainning, I always feel tied..

引用:
原帖由 我是西瓜 于 2009-3-2 14:35 发表

Horrible Chienglish..
Lots of mistakes in every sentence....maybe..i need find some native english speakers come here talking with your guys....
OK lah... our purpose is to communicate. It's not the thank-you speech, or I-will-be-your-president address.  

I will give every one a hi-5!.

引用:

Horrible Chienglish..
Lots of mistakes in every sentence....maybe..i need find some native english speakers come here talking with your guys....
The pot calls the kettle black..

回复 19#我是西瓜 的帖子

Well, People will appraciate you if you would like to help others sincercely, not to picking others sarcastically.
the way of improve English communication is to relax and have fun in it.
Language is just a tool, no matter it is genuin or not, the content is the soul.
No matter it is in the English corner, or in your family when your kid is attempting to talk, Please encourage them as much as you can. that is the only way people can get improved..

引用:

Horrible Chienglish..
I totally agree!

Could you please help me?

It's will be highly appreciated if you could help me correct the each sentence.Then i can learn from you!

Thanks again!

[ 本帖最后由 冰城来客 于 2009-3-2 16:47 编辑 ].

回复 25#nice妈妈 的帖子

回复 25#nice妈妈 的帖子

引用:
原帖由 nice妈妈 于 2009-3-2 16:34 发表
Well, People will appraciate you if you would like to help others sincercely, not to picking others sarcastically.
Language i ...
Agree!.

引用:
原帖由 nice妈妈 于 2009-3-2 16:34 发表
Language i ...
definitely..

回复 32#我是西瓜 的帖子

Never mind! It's fine!.

回复 24#混凝土 的帖子

good saying.
i will transmit it to my son which can be quoted in his english article.  i am sure it will be a  shiny spot.

回复 25#nice妈妈 的帖子

Totally agree!.

I just viewed the another topic written by watermelon.

Maybe she was in bad mood at that time.

Forget it!.

回复 17#jz123 的帖子

Too much rain in spring in Shanghai !   So I hate stay in Shanghai this season.But I've got no idea.555.

From husband of watermelon

I get the gist of what you are trying to say, but you probably want to be able to communicate smoothly and fluently. It does feel better to express your thoughts without others having to stop and wonder exactly what you mean. Here are a few suggestions, though I am only guessing what your exact meaning really is.

I planed football for my son last weekend, it was cancelled for rain.

I had planned to let my son play football last weekend, but those plans were cancelled due to rain.

Perhaps you meant that you had planned a football game for your son. I wasn’t exactly sure whether that’s what you meant. Also, don’t forget the proper spelling of “planned.” I don’t think you intend to “plane” a football, as that would certainly ruin it.

I planed strawberry trip for my family this weekend, it was cancelled for bad weather as well.

I had planned a field trip for my family this weekend. It was cancelled due to bad weather as well.

I’m not entirely certain what a “strawberry trip” is supposed to be. I assume that you meant a field trip of some sort. Did you also intend to pick strawberries? In that case, you should say that you had planned to go strawberry picking with your family. One thing to keep in mind is that you should use periods instead of commas when you have expressed a complete idea. Many non-native speakers of English have very poor punctuation skills and don’t seem to understand how it affects the overall communication of their written word. Try not to make the common mistake of using too many commas (,) and not enough periods (.). If you are in doubt, remember that you can also use a semicolon (;). Good writers actually try to use commas and semicolons sparingly, but never hesitate when it is absolutely necessary. Also, don’t forget to use articles, like “a,” in front of nouns.
When we can expect sunshining?

When can we expect some sunshine?

“Sunshine” would be the noun you are looking for. Since it is uncountable, the addition of the word “some” helps to clarify the property of the word.
My english is very poor, i know most of you with very good English  ,

My English is very poor. I know most of you are very good with English.

I think this is closer to what you really meant. If you say that “I know most of you,” that means you are familiar with most of the people you are talking to. Did you really mean that you know the people personally or that you know that most of the people reading your words have good English skills? Don’t forget to always capitalize the word, “English.”

could anyone of you kindly help me correct these errors?

Could anyone kindly help me correct these errors?

If you say “any one of you,” that would imply that you only require one person to respond to your inquiry.

Thank very much in advance!   

Thank you very much in advance!

You could also say “thanks,” but don’t forget to add the “s.”.

回复 38#薰衣草 的帖子

Thank watermelon's husband   very much.
I have leant a lot from your answer. .

回复 38#薰衣草 的帖子

Thank you very much for your warmly and patient help.

I DO appreciate you couple and all the other posters!

Thank you for your time!

Thanks all again!.

so when I speak English, my foreign colleagues sometimes cannot understand me immediately. I know, I spoke Chinglish again.  Found not easy for me to improve oral and written english.

[ 本帖最后由 爱阅佳 于 2009-3-4 13:42 编辑 ].

引用:
原帖由 薰衣草 于 2009-3-4 03:15 发表
I get the gist of what you are trying to say, but you probably want to be able to communicate smoothly and fluently. It does feel better to express your thoughts without others having to stop and wond ...
Make sense.

Please kindly point out errors in my side, and help me to correct it.

English is so hard to learn for our non-native speakers, I think the root cause is diffrent thinking way between Chinese and Westerns. but English is more important in my career, so I think continual improvement for my English ability is necessary..

when I wrote to my friends in English, I alway googled my sentences to see if they were correct, I am afraid that the mistakes I made  embarrass me, although I won't feel that because they are just reading my email on the computer.
In here, I feel better, everybody is so kind, you all always encourge people, I am not afraid of making mistakes..

回复 44#year3000 的帖子

"In here", no need to use "In", right?.

I googled again,  in here is right, isn't it?  i don't know.

81 12
发新话题