72 12
发新话题
打印【有8个人次参与评价】

有想去参加美国夏令营的吗?

本主题被作者加入到个人文集中

回复 206楼牛角妹妹 的帖子

不客气的!上海这里的中信银行是可以的,江苏的不太知道。
带上你准备好的文件(护照,160表,邀请信等等),去中信银行咨询一下吧,他们会把所需的手续和材料都告诉你的。.

这个帖子成为公益帖啦,各取所需哈!.

引用:
原帖由 yangma 于 2012-3-16 09:51 发表
楼主呀,请教一下,我们今年小升初,去美国夏令营是不是太早点了?今年很想带她去美国,我可以陪她去吗?不过我的假期没有那么多,只有两周左右,依你的经验,你看怎么安排合理呀!是先去旅游还是可以直接去夏令营? ...
有很多妈妈问我这个问题,我自己感觉好像小了一点呢。这主要看孩子各个方面的能力,如果她的适应性强,自理能力也行的话可以放出去锻炼锻炼,那里有老师可以帮忙照顾的。但是我还是建议预初以后再去,比较放心一点。你可以在这次暑假带她先去玩一次,明年可以自己去夏令营。再次去的话她就会很自信了。
学校好像没有家长可以陪同的。.

回复 222楼yangma 的帖子

不用客气哈!总之,在实际操作中有任何问题都可以来找我,有求必应,有问必答。.

回复 231楼叮叮铛铛 的帖子

你好!我问了一下孩子,现回答如下:
a.夏令营会专门安排同一个国籍的孩子在一个寝室么?我担心"扎堆"之后会一直讲中文,对口语没有帮助
去年是在同一寝室的。由于孩子不多,所以大孩子一人单独住,小点的孩子两人一间寝室。
b.宿舍是否有独立浴室?
没有。每个楼层有一个公共浴室和一个公共卫生间。
c.我报的是Adventure,它也有学习课程,还是纯玩?
这一项是今年新开的,我还不清楚,如果你需要,我可以帮你问问。
d.去费城游玩时会去宾夕法尼亚大学参观么?
去年没有去宾大参观。同样,可以一起帮你问问。
不客气!.

回复 231楼叮叮铛铛 的帖子

Louisa你好!
很高兴你自己来这里提出问题,我还以为是你妈妈提出来的呢,赞一个!
昨天我妹妹给学校发了邮件,把你的问题交给了他们:
Hi Bob and John,
As the time is fast approaching the starting of another exciting Mcdonogh summer American Immersion program, parents start to ask more detailed questions about the program:
1) could you, as much as possible, mix the students who come from different countries in the dorm so that they are forced to use English rather than Chinese when they speak?
2) for those who registered in the adventure module, will they also be exposed to some classes or will they only participate in activities?
3) if they go visit Philadelphia, will there be opportunity for them to go visit University of Pennsylvania? ( I guess this is more a request if possible)

夏令营主管John的回复:
Hello Yan,
   It's great to hear from you and we are looking forward to meeting a new group of students.
    We will definitely try to mix students as much as possible. I am going to ask several American students to stay in the dorms with us as well, and I will pair them with Chinese students to encourage English usage. The American students will be students I know from our school and I am choosing them because I think they will do a good job helping Chinese students to speak English.
     We do not have English classes set up with the Adventure Module at this point. However, if that is important to parents, we will find a way to incorporate English lessons, but it will not be to the same degree as the other programs. The idea with the Adventure Module is that the students will pick up more everyday English usage from being with American students all day.
     We will certainly look into scheduling a visit to the University of Pennsylvania if we go to Philadelphia.
     As always, contact us with any questions - our goal is to create a program that the parents and students find valuable and meaningful, so do not hesitate to make suggestions or requests. We won't be able to do everything, but we will try.

Warmest regards,
John
   这些回答你满意吗?.

回复 231楼叮叮铛铛 的帖子

再问:

Hi John,

Thanks so much for the prompt reply.  It's great to hear from you too. Your warm/enthusiastic reply brought back a lot of good memories I had about this camp when Daniel was in the program last year.  Unfortunately he is not able to come again this year since his performance in the last year of the high school is so critical that he wants to make sure he stays at home, getting himself ready academically during the summer to face a big challenge in the coming year.  He does miss his good days in McDonogh a lot!
For the students who applied for the adventure module, while they don't have English lessons set up, would they still have opportunities to go sit in and observe/participate some other classes such as chemistry, physics or other indoor classes that's offered in the camp if a student feels like to have some more brain exercise for a few days?

Thanks!
Yan

再答:
We will certainly let them do that.
Please tell Daniel I said to put down his chemistry book and go roller skating!

Sent from my iPhone

大概你会满意了吧?.

回复 237楼cici_06 的帖子

那是一定的了。好老师真的是可遇不可求的。
预祝小K同学再次渡过一个快乐而难忘的暑假!.

[ 本帖最后由 sifanwsh 于 2012-4-18 18:46 编辑 ].

[ 本帖最后由 sifanwsh 于 2012-4-18 18:46 编辑 ].

回复 255楼大头辰辰 的帖子

孩子开心就好,说明学校组织的活动还不错。不客气啊!
妹妹受John的委托去机场接机,不过不是她开的车呢。.

回复 258楼大头辰辰 的帖子

辰辰是这次参加夏令营最小的孩子,能融入到集体中,和其他的孩子交朋友,真是不简单!.

回复 262楼柯柯1999 的帖子

知道孩子开心就好了,不客气啊!
那里的老师真的是好,儿子至今还想念他们。今年他没去,听说老师也很想念他呢。.

回复 267楼fanlin6699 的帖子

我不太清楚唉,不好意思.

回复 270楼xxy0309 的帖子

其他学校的情况我不太清楚。
我儿子去的这个学校招收9到17岁的孩子。
但在实际的操作中,12岁以下的孩子不能一人上飞机,需要家长陪同,但是家长又不能住在学校。
今年参加夏令营的辰辰小朋友没到12岁,幸亏有一位家长同行,这才很顺利。
女孩长大点再去可以放心点。
个人意见奥。.

回复 273楼我爱丹丹 的帖子

不客气!
好像已经有孩子提交申请了,有需要就及时和我联系。.

回复 275楼helen妈妈 的帖子

不是。
是说12岁以下的孩子不能一人上飞机,所以要家长带去。
预初的孩子12岁到了吧?就能自己去了。
学校是不接待家长住校的。.

我可以帮你问问。
不过这个学校太大了,周围大概不会很热闹的。.

回复 277楼helen妈妈 的帖子

我可以帮你问问。
不过这个学校太大了,周围大概不会很热闹的。.

回复 281楼天天UP 的帖子

不是。
是说12岁以下的孩子不能一人上飞机,所以要家长带去。
小升初的孩子12岁到了吗?不到就需要家长带领。
不过学校是不接待家长住宿的。.

回复 322楼性急的妈妈 的帖子

你可以看一些有关的网站  http://bbs.tigtag.com/forum-185-1.html
现在有了签证新政,我还没有好好看过。
两年前护照除外好像就是要邀请函,160表打印件,签证费的收据,然后把证明你在美国的支出费用足够的东西(银行流水,房产证等等)带上就好了。不过签证官都没看。.

回复 324楼性急的妈妈 的帖子

奥,户口本给他带去的 (后来没看) .结婚证没带..

72 12
发新话题