发新话题
打印【有0个人次参与评价】

[基督徒] <转贴>奥巴马:我选择作基督徒

<转贴>奥巴马:我选择作基督徒

我不是基督徒,看了这篇文章,感觉不错,转贴过来。

昨天看到CNN电视报道,美国奥巴马总统在新墨西哥州的阿尔伯克基市(Albuquerque),在被问到他的信仰时,做了下面的回答。这位被大约20%的美国人一直认为是穆斯林的总统,其实老早在他的自传《无畏的希望》中就说明了自己的信仰历程。可是,许多人宁可听信小道消息,不愿意接受这个事实,更不愿意接受他自己的解释。你认为,这种心态反映出什么?

我认为,它反映出:或者有些人是非理性的动物,或者有些人的偏见可以让他罔顾事实。一句谎言,当它被多次传播以后,就变成了“真理”。这是野心家所以得逞的最大原因,因为他们掌握传播机器。

我把今天(2010-09-29日)一篇报道的原文和自己的简易翻译并列于下:.

回复 1#丛林 的帖子

At a backyard town hall in Albuquerque, NM, Tuesday, President Obama was asked “Why are you a Christian?” The question, from teacher’s assistant Elizabeth A. Murphy, 42, was one of three “hot topics” she raised with the president.

“I’m a Christian by choice,” the president said. “My family didn’t -- frankly, they weren’t folks who went to church every week.  And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn’t raise me in the church.”

在新墨西哥州的一个与选民对话的非正式场合,一位妇女问奥巴马总统,他为什么要信仰基督教的时候,他如此回答:“我作基督徒是自己的选择。坦白说,我的家庭不是每个礼拜上教堂的那种人。虽然我的母亲是一个非常注重灵性的人,但是她并没有把我带到教会。”

The president said he “came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead -- being my brothers’ and sisters’ keeper, treating others as they would treat me.  And I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we’re sinful and we’re flawed and we make mistakes, and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God.  But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace.”

奥巴马总统说,他“是在后来接受基督教的信仰。因为耶稣的教训向我说话,教导我要过怎样的一个人生,作为一个照顾我兄弟姐妹的人,善待他人,就像我期望他人也善待我。并且,我认识耶稣基督为我的罪而受死,让我们都得谦卑下来,知道我们都是有罪的,都是有缺陷的,也都是会犯错的,让我们因着上帝的恩典而得到拯救。虽然我们是不完全的,但是我们能做的是:在他人身上看到上帝的作为,并且帮助他们找到自己的赦免。”

The president said “that’s what I strive to do.  That’s what I pray to do every day.  I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith.”

奥巴马总统说:“这就是我努力去做的。这就是我每天的祷告。我想,我的公职就是我表达自己基督教信仰的一部份。”

As is his wont, the president didn’t proselytize, but rather chose to say that he “deeply believes that part of the bedrock strength of this country is that it embraces people of many faiths and of no faith -- that this is a country that is still predominantly Christian.  But we have Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, and that their own path to grace is one that we have to revere and respect as much as our own.  And that’s part of what makes this country what it is.”

但是,他也没有借此传教,而是选择讲述:他“深深相信,这个国家坚固基础的一部份就在于,虽然它基本上是一个以基督教为主的国家,它能够接纳不同信仰的人群,我们有犹太教徒、穆斯林、印度教徒、无神论者、不可知论者、佛教徒,以及其它各种不同追寻恩惠的途径。对待他们,就像对带我们自己一样,我们都当存着敬畏和尊敬的态度。这是使得这个国家伟大的一部分原因。”.

回复 2#丛林 的帖子

奥巴马总统不是一位神学家,我也不期望从他身上得到完全正确的神学知识。但是,他这种气度,同他的信仰,让我肃然起敬。天下有几个领导可以说出这样的话,或有这样的胸襟?.

哈利路亚!.

愿中国人也能得到上帝的恩典

愿中国人也能得到上帝的恩典.

引用:
原帖由 changqing 于 2010-10-15 22:46 发表
愿中国人也能得到上帝的恩典
阿门!.

回复 5#changqing 的帖子

阿门! 为此祈祷不断!.

阿们!.

天父的拣选。.

发新话题