查看完整版本: Donald Trump 拿 Carrier 做试验

pp_dream 2016-12-2 05:40

Donald Trump 拿 Carrier 做试验

[b]Bernie Sanders: Donald Trump Just Let Carrier Take the U.S. ‘Hostage’[/b]

As Donald Trump celebrated his deal with Carrier to keep 1,000 jobs in the country Thursday, Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-Vermont) is warning that the deal should be cause for concern.

That’s because the President-elect managed to pull the deal off by offering the air-conditioner manufacturer by offering tax breaks to Carrier’s parent company—United Technologies—worth an estimated $700,000 annually for several years, a source close to the firm told Fortune. The company initially planned to send some 2,000 Indianapolis-based jobs to Mexico

In an op-ed on the Washington Post, Sanders argues that in doing so, Trump had essentially awarded a company that was threatening to move abroad—a maneuver that may now be used by other U.S. corporations hoping to lower their costs.

“He has signaled to every corporation in America that they can threaten to offshore jobs in exchange for business-friendly tax benefits and incentives,” Sanders wrote, noting that Trump has once threatened to make Carrier “pay a damn tax.” “Even corporations that weren’t thinking of offshoring jobs will most probably be reevaluating their stance this morning.”

The U.S. has a high corporate tax rate around 35%, which has triggered several corporate inversions deals in recent years, such as the now broken mega-merger between U.S.-based Pfizer and Irish drugmaker, Allergan. Trump has promised on the campaign trail to also lower corporate taxes to 15% in a bid to fuel investments and keep companies in the states.

“In essence, United Technologies took Trump hostage and won,” the onetime presidential candidate wrote. “And that should send a shock wave of fear through all workers across the country.“

pp_dream 2016-12-2 05:51

Trump issues warning to American companies: "leaving the country is going to be very, very difficult"

[url]http://cbsn.ws/2fX2yOv[/url]

pp_dream 2016-12-2 05:56

不知道这老头上台后怎么做才能让米弟公司不外包,真的减税?:o

记得前几年听到这样的分析,说我们行业的员工分布要达到 “米弟员工:海外员工 == 1:1” 才能存活。目前公司员工分布确实接近这个比例呐~

我猜老头上台后,主打折腾制造业吧?高技术行业本土哪里有这么多talent?WWC不会高技术啊,农民!

[[i] 本帖最后由 pp_dream 于 2016-12-2 05:59 编辑 [/i]]

pp_dream 2016-12-3 03:22

今早新闻也满满的是关于Carrier一事的评论。

送女儿上学的路上跟她聊Trump的组阁,孩子对Trump administration挑选充满质疑,最大的质疑当然是对Steven Bannon立场的质疑了。媒体上也充满了对Steven Bannon的质疑,如果真是Alt-Right,会发生什么?

我对未来的几年会有什么政策性的方向性的变化也相当的迷惑,不知该跟孩子怎么解惑,我比她还迷惑。她问我历史会倒退吗?我安慰她,我认为走到当今这个现代化程度和开放程度,历史不是那么容易就倒退的。我跟她说,不论发生什么,不论是Alt-Right还是Alt-Left,fight for your right anytime! anywhere! 我说我认为在未来的几年,我们可能会要支持主流媒体了,呵呵。

社交媒体已成为孩子们生活的一部分,而这次大选活活地让非死不可之类的社交媒体成为政治媒体了。因此,孩子们也大量的接触各类政治言论,孩子们相互也争论各种政治问题。几天前她跟我说,非死不可上很多假新闻,很多人不做fact check! 我说我知道,我在Twitter上也看到同样的情况。我觉得造成这个局面主流媒体有很大的责任,主流媒体不公允,把民众推向跟从社交媒体信息。

以我的智商和阅历都完全不够分辨信息真假,更别说我家15岁的孩子。

很是困惑~~~

[[i] 本帖最后由 pp_dream 于 2016-12-3 03:24 编辑 [/i]]
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Donald Trump 拿 Carrier 做试验

Processed in 2 queries